Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you, Washington Redskins for the greatest season in 21 years!(Merged)

88Comrade2000

Yes, today didn't go the way we wanted and Shanny's decision to continue to play RG3 when it was clear he couldn't play anymore will be debated.

I'm not sad today. Dissappointed but not sad. The Skins game me the greatest season as a fan since the 1991 superbowl season. For the first time since then, I have faith in the future. We have our franchise QB that will lead us to many victories. The Skins will address their weaknesses and become regular playoff contenders and probably win a championship or two or three or ??

We have our RB with Alfred. Several other guys stepped it up. I am proud of this team and they made me believers. The cycle of losing is over. We will be back and back and back, etc...

Bring on the 2013 offseason and season! RG3- get well during the offseason.

Mods, please merge. I was hoping to get one in before other threads, but...

Oh well. I think RGIII will be okay, he didn't have any ice on his knee. Possibly another sprain. The offseason will do him good.

I wish, though, to curse Haloti Ngata again.

Next season cant come soon enough. HTTR!

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 07:36 PM ----------

Lol at Williams slapping Sherman

No no no...he Mushed him!

On another note, i expected a .500 season. Lets see next year. Griffin has all winter and spring to get healthy and we can get us some good draft picks, especially in the secondary and receivers.

Greatest in 21 years? I dunno...RG3 was exciting, Almo was a revelation, but ultimately, the 2005 team entered the postseason on a five game winning streak (where every game was win and in) and then won the wild card round, so they got further. I expect that future seasons with RG3 will eclipse that.

Think 2 others had the same idea I did. Think i got my thoughts in first. A win today would've been nice. Consider most of us didn't expect us to be anywhere near a winning season much less the playoffs; I don't think this loss will hurt as much. This season showed we have a future for a change. We will be back. I have no doubt we will face Seattle in the playoffs again one day and get our revenge. Unlike 2000, 2006, 2008; 2013 should turn out much better.

Bummed would be my word. Annoyed a bit as well based on the circumstances.

But we never expected reasonably to be at this point this year, with what looks like a lot fewer holes than we thought going into the season. The future is bright and I'm anxious for an off season to build rather than to "create hope". Next year is going to be great with a chip on this teams shoulder I think....especially since I worry this game (wrongly) will cost RG3 rookie of the year.

Been a great season, but one I hope is just the beginning

It has been a good season. Division Champs with only one loss to a division opponent. Playoffs with an exciting new QB, RB and offense in general.

As far as the Griffin injury, i'm a bottom line guy. As long as he's healthy and ready to go for next season, I'm ok with how it went down. Hopefully that's the case and I won't spend a lot of time second guessing anything.

we overachieved this season - don't get caught up in nit-picking and second guessing - let's focus on the positives

despite the ridiculous cap penalties, this team is in the best shape it has been in years and should only be getting better - if that doesn't happen, then we can start moaning (though next years schedule is brutal)

I just can't believe it that they rather watch RG3 re-injured his knee again than focusing on winning the game with a healthy quarterback IE " Cousin ". After the first half, everybody in their right mind would of made the call by switching quarterbacks. Even the announcers on Fox were making comments. Way to go coach.

(Just cant stomach reading all the "fire the coach" threads)..

I want to thank the 'Skins for one of the most exciting seasons in a LONG time.

We have the structure in place to be a real player for years to come. We have a long line that can the zone, a great RB and the best leader at QB we have had since I became a fan in the mid 70s. Our D is moving up and we have been making some strong personnel decisions. Lets get RG3 health and rock next year!!!!!

Incredibly proud of this team and glad to see that some are clear-headed enough to feel the same. This was an incredible ride, one that only we got to take since no one else expected the Skins to do anything this year.

The entire organization can hold their heads high

Archived