Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It was obvious that RGIII isn't at Full Speed. Probably won't be against Dallas.

sharkproof

I doubt that he will be for Dallas either.

So how does that affect our chances and change our game plan considering his first game against them

Passing stats 19/27, 304 YDS, 4 TD, 1 INT

Rushing 7 att 29 yds

RG was sacked 3 times I don't know how many hurries but Ware did jack him up on one pass play after he threw the ball. Ware currently is injured so don't know his status for next week.

How will this affect our game plan vs the first game?

Edit is below...

The point of this thread was to discuss how RG played the first time we played Dallas, the state of his knee today and project what his knee will be like next weekend, and how it may or may not affect his play and our game plan, basing it upon how we played (game planned) for Dallas prior. And tho he only had 4 rushes in the first game, how would Dallas game plan for RG not at 100 percent. However, much of that discussion has been completely null and void and I personally think would be an interesting thread. If Dallas takes the angle that they are not going to try and defend RG from running then Morris will have a tougher day as they will key on him run wise. It will also let Dallas rush the QB somewhat easier if they anticipate that RG won't be running a lot. In the first game he didn't run a lot, but the threat was there and that thread changes the dynamics of how a defense plays. Will RG's current status change that? If so how do the Redskins and RG adjust. Dallas got some film today on what we did in THIS GAME and will plan I'm sure somewhat accordingly.

I thought he had a pretty pedestrian game (for himself). He made some very nice throws and good plays, but he looked rusty in the passing game. Hopefully he is back to his solid self against Dallas.

Which is why he played today. Take the rust off now....

Based on today I'd say the read option stuff will be out. Philly didn't bite on any of it after RG3's first run. Should be able to P/A and boot them to death. The Saints put up 562 yards today. No reason why we can't have similar success.

I'd disagree. Dallas won't know if RG3 can run until RG3 runs. So putting it in and utilizing it off the bat would be a good strategy. Dallas HAS to respect it.

RGIII looked hobbled. I am really glad to see him out there but Dallas has a nasty defense and I'm worried about getting behind and having to play catch up. The skins need to get a lead to keep the pass rush at bay. Either that or the running game needs to be really, really good. The skins played well against Dallas the first time but it doesn't mean anything. This is going to come down to who wins the division. I expect a serious heavy weight fight.

Definitely some rust but, beautiful pass to Moss. Too many passes are a tad high... one was tipped for a pick. But he coudln't really turn the edge and his explosiveness after he takes off was greatly diminished. He was smart in getting out of bounds but the former RG would have turned a few corners and picked up substantially more yds. Still was mobile, but how will this affect how Dallas prepares for us. I don't see RG being 100 percent next week.

Based on today I'd say the read option stuff will be out. Philly didn't bite on any of it after RG3's first run. Should be able to P/A and boot them to death. The Saints put up 562 yards today. No reason why we can't have similar success.

Definitely should be some holes in their secondary. Problem is we have the same holes in ours lol! Maybe another week can get him some of his juice back. He was clearly missing a gear out there.

Dallas's defense can be thrown on all over the field. The key will be to protect RGIII in the passing game, and perhaps attempt a lot of playaction bootlegs that will naturally shift the pocket and buy RGIII more time.

To all those folks think RGIII is simply a "running QB" that TD pass to Moss is pretty conclusive evidence you are a fool. He laid that in there with the touch needed to give Moss a chance to get both feet in bounds. When he threw it, and I saw how close Moss was too the out of bounds line, I figured no way the throw will be that pin-perfect. I was wrong. Wow.

Also, I have to wonder how much of RGIII's reduced speed was due to returning from the injury, or the fact that the "brace" he was wearing looked much bigger and heavier than the brace he was wearing in practice. When they said "brace" I thought they meant the type that covers the outside of the knee/leg but leaves the knee itself exposed, but he was actually wearing something that wrapped up the entire region of the leg, which I can almost bet restricted some of his mobility.

If he doesn't require the "brace" next week, I bet RGIII is running more like normal. HTTR!

I watched the game and saw Griffin have a rather mediocre performance, and as usual, I put the positive spin on it. This was a huge team win, the rest of the roster rose up and claimed this one, quite definitely showing that this team is not all about RGIII. Make the playoffs w/ a one trick pony, no matter how awesome that one trick is, and you're one n done, take the field with a team, the whole group fired up and bringin' their A game and it's a whole 'nother matter.

I'd disagree. Dallas won't know if RG3 can run until RG3 runs. So putting it in and utilizing it off the bat would be a good strategy. Dallas HAS to respect it.

That is true. I think they will make RG3 prove he can do it. Hopefully another week will help him. I think there will be a chance for it early in the game. I guess what I meant was if RG3 looks like he did today it will not be used. I'm sure it is always in the game plan.

According to Chris Russell on ESPN 980 a few minutes ago, his lack of runs were by design, and his "ginger" run was also "by design" so to speak....RG3 said he purposely cruised because he knew he wouldn't be running much in the game and wanted to stick with the gameplan, but said he feels fine.

Philly has actually kept RG3 in check, running wise, in both meetings. So I'm not sure his lack of running today wasn't more about Philly than his knee. Also, we did run the read option...RG3 just never called his own number (maybe he did once--I forget).

Could be the case but if I'm not mistaken most of those plays picked up like 1-3 yards a pop. The one time he didn't hand it off he looked like he was moving in slow motion LOL.

According to Chris Russell on ESPN 980 a few minutes ago, his lack of runs were by design, and his "ginger" run was also "by design" so to speak....RG3 said he purposely cruised because he knew he wouldn't be running much in the game and wanted to stick with the gameplan, but said he feels fine.

If that's true that makes me feel a TON better lol.

10 says we're going to the playoffs.

If 10 says it, I BELIEVE it.

Hail.

Me too Lucy Pearl!! Paloffs!

Yep. I heard this as well.

I dont really buy that but ok lol.

Archived