Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Joe Gibbs Delivers Pre-Game Speech to the Dallas Cowboys

RonArtest15

Welp....LOL

2:15PM EDT October 21. 2012 - CHARLOTTE — Brace yourselves, Washington Redskins faithful.

Joe Gibbs was the featured Saturday night speaker to the dreaded Dallas Cowboys.

The former Redskins coach, once a central figure in one of the NFL's most intense rivalries, visited the Cowboys hotel and spoke at the team's chapel session at the invitation of team owner Jerry Jones.

Gibbs lives in the Charlotte area, where his auto racing team is based. Jones said they've had a good relationship for years, and that he even sought input from Gibbs for a head coaching search after Barry Switzer's departure following the 1997 season.

One part of Gibbs' pre-game message in particular resonated for a team that headed into a must-win game against the Carolina Panthers reeling from bungled clock management at the end of last week's loss at Baltimore.

Link

That just shows what a class guy the coach is...another reason is a wonderful human being as well as a great coach and motivator. Sure I hate the Cowboys but the coach is a religious man and will not deny anyone who asks for his help even Jerrah and the cowpukes

Good on you coach I still love ya

That just shows what a class guy the coach is...another reason is a wonderful human being as well as a great coach and motivator. Sure I hate the Cowboys but the coach is a religious man and will not deny anyone who asks for his help even Jerrah and the cowpukes

Good on you coach I still love ya

I might have been able to accept this had it not been during the season...nah prolly not...

That is not a super smart move

No, it wasn't. It's gonna put an asterisk on his Redskins reputation for sure. Not for me, but that doesn't mean it was smart for him to do.

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

Gibbs clearly doesn't view the Cowboys the way some here do, and that's fine.

It doesn't change the 3 Super Bowls he won here. He's still a class act. And I'm sure he still loves the Redskins.

He's almost apparently a huge conservative. Gave a speech at the RNC in 08. I'm a huge liberal.

Does that mean I shouldn't like him anymore? No.

Archived