Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predicto's chronolgy of the Obama Birth Certificate controversy.

Predicto

Chronology of the birth certificate controversy

1) Some anonymous blogger claims that Obama wasn't born in America.

2) Obama says fine, sends away to Hawaii for a copy of his birth certificate. Gets sent official certificate of live birth just like everyone else who asks Hawaiii for their documentation.

3) Obama puts original stamped certificate in his Chicago campaign office, invites anyone to come look at it.

4) No one comes to look at it except Factcheck and the Chicago Sun Times.

5) Anonymous bloggers continue to say that Obama wasn't born in the US - pretend that certificate does not exist.

6) Obama says fine, takes a picture of the certificate and posts it on his website.

7) Anonymous blogger named "Polarik" says "it's a forgery" (because anonymous blogger is too stupid to understand how .jpeg compression works). No real experts ever step up to say anything of the sort.

8) Stupid people think that anonymous blogger is right, start to scream conspiracy, demand "long form" that Obama does not have and Hawaii does not issue.

9) Hawaii Department of Health says its not a forgery. (They must be in on the conspiracy!!!!)

10) Someone checks newspaper archives, finds two separate birth announcements. (They must have been planted because his mom knew in 1961 that her newborn black son would be President someday!!!!)

11) Still no one goes to look at original certificate in Chicago.

12) Obama is inaugurated. Not one of the 535 members of congress objects. (I guess they are all intimidated and blackmailed).

13) WorldNetDaily.com jumps on board, starts feeding the flames. WND's page hits go though the roof.

14) New rumors start to fly, made up mostly on FreeRepublic and other message boards by undereducated and paranoid people who never bother to check if what they are speculating about has any basis in reality. Every rumor is treated as true by those who want to believe.

A - "Obama must have abandoned his American citizenship and gotten an Indonesian passport because he traveled to Pakistan in 1981 when there was a travel ban against Americans going there." (problem - there never was a travel ban to Pakistan).

B - "Obama is hiding his long form - he said in Dreams From My Father that he had the original." (Problem - Obama actually said in his book that he saw it at his grandmothers house decades ago when he was a teenager. He never said he had it himself.)

C - "Obama travelled to Hawaii just before the election to destroy the original long certificate and murdered his grandmother to keep her quiet." (Oh come on...)

D - "Obama's Kenyan grandmother said on tape that she was present at his birth in Kenya." (No she didn't - if you listen to the entire tape it is clear that she is talking about being present at the birth of Barack Obama Senior, the president's father).

E - "The announcements in the Hawaiian newspaper were faked - that property has been owned by the same family since the 50s and it's not Obama's family" (problem - other records demonstrate that Obama's grandparents rented that property - ownership is not the issue).

F - "even if Obama was born in Hawaii, he's not a natural born citizen because both of his parents were not American citizens." (problem - this "legal" definition is made up by birthers from an obscure French treatise by a guy named de Vattel. Not only is there zero reason to think that the Founders intended to use de Vattel for this definition, the definition is counter to English common law (which we follow in America) and even de Vattel admits it. Ask any lawyer what they think of this theory.)

G - "Obama's mom abandoned his American citizenship to enroll him in school in Indonesia' (problem - no one can take away your American citizenship but you - not your parents, not the government, no one.)

H - "Attorney General Holder was spotted in Georgia intimidating a federal judge hearing a birther case" (LOL. Actually, some guy says he saw a guy that looks like Holder in a coffee shop - Holder was in California that day).

And so on. More and more ignorant people fall for it.

(by the way, I left out about a hundred more false rumors, all easily explained).

15) Three insane lawyers file lawsuits. The first, Phil Berg, is a 9/11 truther who believes every conspiracy ever. The second, Leo Donofrio, is a professional poker player who thinks that he is being stalked by government agents in yellow rain slickers. The third, Orly Taitz, is a dentist who graduated from correspondence law school and has never tried a case. The several hundred thousand other Republican attorneys in the country recognize a stinker when they see it, and stay well away.

The lawsuits are pathetic on the law and the facts. The lawyers get sanctioned. The birthers decide that every judge in the nation is in on the conspiracy too.

15) Rush, Hannity, Beck, Levin, Coulter and every other major conservative commentator looks into the issue, learns that it is stupidity incarnate, and refuses to play along (OMG, even THEY have been bought off or blackmailed - I weep for America)

16) Obama laughs, says what the hell. Let these people marginalize themselves all they want.

And here we are. The next time someone on the Tailgate raises this issue, refer to this post for some backstory. Then get a good laugh in at their expense.

You forgot the part where WorldNetDaily verifies that the birth certificate is authentic and then later pulls the story and acts like it never happened.

I also forgot the part where WND comes up with a KENYAN birth certificate and says it's authentic, then pulls it. :laugh:

State of Hawaii official states that they have the original long form in either paper or electronic form. This is the basis for the issuance of the "certificate of live birth". BO REFUSES to allow the State of Hawaii to release this info the the AMERICAN PUBLIC. I wonder why all the obfuscation for a guy who campaigned on TRANSPARENCY.

State of Hawaii official states that they have the original long form in either paper or electronic form. This is the basis for the issuance of the "certificate of live birth". BO REFUSES to allow the State of Hawaii to release this info the the AMERICAN PUBLIC. I wonder why all the obfuscation for a guy who campaigned on TRANSPARENCY.

I made an avatar for this occasion.

extremewingnut.jpg

Ya got one on the line, Predicto.

fish%2Bon%2Bhook.jpg

He's doing it for one reason - because he is laughing at you and all the birthers.

Why should he bother catering to you? The only people who believe this nonsense are morons and haters. What does he owe them?

Of all the things that could be questioned about Obama, why on Earth people hung onto this one, is beyond me.

I suspect it is because it feeds into their fears that Obama is not "one of us."

It is also a good fantasy - now they can daydream that Obama is going to be outed any day now, frogmarched out of the White House by federal marshals, and deported to Kenya.

It's a lot easier to dream about that than to work on defeating his reelection bid.

IMO, people who perpetuate this brain-dead nonsense even in the passive/aggressive manner of "why doesn't he just...blah blah...long form...blah blah..." still merit just as much scorn and ridicule for the way their brain is functioning as the more outlandish versions of "birther" (and the accompanying "school-fraud") basket cases.

It’s not enough that there are plenty of policy and decisions topics from the admin easily open to valid attack from opposition. But there are those who have to yield to the frothing zombie inside always fighting to get out and reveal the most constant commonality of the right and left borders of the political spectrum---latent lunacy in one form or another.

It's unfortunate in some cases because it dramatically lessens what other credibility they may have otherwise earned in discussion, independent of their actual view they're arguing.

On a related note...you know why zombies are regularly portrayed as being attracted to eating brains? Uh-huh. ;)

:silly:

Archived