Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Biden Drop Out as the Dem Candidate? If so, Who Should Replace Him?

Jumbo

Should He Stay or Should He Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Joe Step Down as Dem Nominee?

Two things:

1) if Joe is listening to Hunter on what is best for the country and in particular the best way to handle this election over people like Pelosi, Obama, Hakeem Jeffries etc, it’s disqualifying and he needs to go

2) if his senior aides and advisors have lost him to the point he doesn’t trust them and has isolated himself to people like Hunter, they are awful at their jobs and need to go. 

Either way, it seems like he’s lost in his own ego and is happy to drag all of us down with him. 

as long as he tries his best I suppose it’s all ok

• Like 3

I will concede that listening to Hunter is an extremely poor decision, if accurate.

I just want this nonsense to be settled ASAP so they can start putting up an actual offense instead of this nonstop doom and gloom that's been happening all ****ing month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I will concede that listening to Hunter is an extremely poor decision, if accurate.

I just want this nonsense to be settled ASAP so they can start putting up an actual offense instead of this nonstop doom and gloom that's been happening all ****ing month.

Again, yup.  

Hunter wouldn't be my "go-to". 

I ain't kicking Joe to the curb.  But I have to hope Kamala can carry it into the endzone.  

If it's gonna happen, the time is right now so we can build up some kickass enthusiasm for her. (or Gavin, true progressive with just Kimberlyface baggage)...she's got the prosecutor thing.

• Thanks 2

That's Biden's son.

This man is 82 years old.

A huge part of when he ran, why he ran and passed bills like the one on military burn pits was because of his now dead other son.

I told yall there's a right and wrong way to get the keys from your parents because it's time for them to stop driving.

Shaming them out of driving ain't it, neither is threatening to take the keys and the car from them.

A lot of people are thinking about the good of the election and the country, but I don't hear much discussion what's best for Biden.  So I recommend backing the F off because his son is.

Nearly his entire party turned against almost overnight.  History will have a lot to say about if this was the best way to go about it.  But this is trash going after Hunter like he's some political advisor, that's his son and not shocking because Joe's circle jus shrunk to only his family all the sudden.  Because everyone else that was in that circle seems to have jumped out the same time out of fear of losing the election.

If it's basically him versus his own party, the rhetoric has to shift more towards the type of empathy he tried very to show all of us.

Dude emptied the clip for us, now folks mad he's out of bullets...😒

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's Biden's son.

A huge part of when he ran, why he ran and passed bills like the one on military burn pits was because of his now dead other son.

I told yall there's a right and wrong way to get the keys from your parents because it's time for them to stop driving.

Shaming them out of driving ain't it, neither is threatening to take the keys and the car from them.

A lot of people are thinking about the good of the election and the country, but I don't hear much discussion what's best for Biden.  So I recommend backing the F off because his son is.

Nearly his entire party turned against almost overnight.  History will have a lot to say about if this was the best way to go about it.  But this is trash going after Hunter like he's some political advisor, that's his son and not shocking because Joe's circle jus shrunk to only his family all the sudden.  Because everyone else that was in that circle seems to have jumped out the same time out of fear of losing the election.

If it's basically him versus his own party, the rhetoric has to shift more towards the type of empathy he tried very to show all of us.

Hey, I'm not,  not at all!  But I need some marching orders right now. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Hey, I'm not,  not at all!  But I need some marching orders right now. 

Usually the centralized unifiying leader of the party right now would be the incumbent President of same said party.

But he's being castrated alive by his own party, he can't lead when everyone just wants him to go whether on his terms or not.

Obama can't and won't do it (give marching orders on how to do this the "right way") no matter how respected he is in the party, neither will Kamala as his VP.

Right or wrong Biden is now acting like man being cornered...I can't front and pretend I don't know how I can act when I'm being cornered, right or wrong.

This has to be settled and over by the end of the convention, and I don't personally want to hear no crap about 25th Amendment when no one had the balls to do it to Trump when warranted one million times over from all the inside folks trying to "protect the country try from him"...that is NOT the way...

Opinion.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Give em hell, Joe!

Psy-op campaign = “I don’t like opposing viewpoints and I don’t know how to express my discomfort with someone who is opposed to what I think so it makes me feel better to say that they’re brainwashed or influenced by people with bad intentions.”

Certainly, MAGA feels the same way you do regarding the possibility of Russian interference.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Opinion.

I love Joe for what he's done.  With a re-election, he can do more.   This b-word is still in the yard. 😉

We're hanging on here in GA.  It's important. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Here's the problem.  The leader of the party, and President has undergone a clear decline in communication skills between the State of the Union (and primaries) and first debate. I hesitate to link a real health issue or say its "cognitive decline".  He is not the communicator he was months ago. 

Yes, everyone could say hindsight 20/20 on June 27 at 9:35 pm EST... "who's that guy and what has he done with our Joe Biden."   But, not many Dems were clamoring away from him pre-debate.  In fact, the one that did was really mocked -- how many people thought Dean Phillips was right? 

How do you fix that problem? Joe Biden is a proud ass fighter.  But how does he fix that problem?  

I think the way forward, with dignity, should involve a 2nd opinion on a neurological screening/exam (Parkinson's or something else) and some type of medical explanation.  Followed by an announcement.  

"My fellow Americans, I have some news I would like to share.  Recently, everyone has been talking about my decline.  I was shocked by the debate.  I watched it again recently, and I understand where everyone is coming from. It concerned me so much, I got further testing done.  

As a result, the doctors found abracadabra-itis (of course he references a real diagnosis).  Because of this, I can no longer seek re-election. 

Kamala has my endorsement and I request my delegates be pledged to her. 

I will serve my time, continue to fight.  Kamala has my full endorsement.  She has been my VP and at my side for 4 years.  I've learned a few things about her. She's a fighter [and a few more things]. She is my political successor.  

There's no greater danger to Democracy than Donald Trump. Let'a focus on defeating him in November."  

• Like 2

<dispelling any notion of a coordinated disinformation campaign by posting links to a podcast from “Puck News”* randos offering scandalous unsubstantiated Hunter Biden gossip.>

*The inside conversation at the nexus of Wall Street, Washington, Silicon Valley and Hollywood!  How did we ever live without it, fam??

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Hunter still in deep with Ukraine and needs Joe to keep them checks headed over there.  😂 

Alternatively, and somewhat plausibly, a lame duck Biden post-election loss substantially increases the odds of Hunter securing a pardon. 

• Thumb down 1

This whole strategy of ****ting on your candidate in the media for three weeks straight has been the worst strategy. Party leaders should have done it quietly. If Biden sticks around it's going to be downright impossible to turn it around. Polling after the debate showed mostly the same race with Biden down like a point. The longer this has gone on the more the media narrative will affect voters.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's Biden's son.

I'm sorry, there comes a point where you wrestle the key away from your parents and call social services.  That point is when your parents present a clear danger to the public by driving.  If Biden has no chance at winning the election (I have no idea whether that's true), then the Dems haves every right to say we have to go another way because at some point, giving your best shot at preventing another Trump term is more important than trying to salvage Biden's feelings and dignity, just like public safety takes precedence over your parents' feelings and dignity.

As for Hunter Biden, it's not even a question.  He has a laundry list of terrible decisions in his life.  He has shown no reason for anyone to believe that he is somehow a capable political strategist.  Hell, he hasn't even shown that he would put his father's interest above his own.  If Joe Biden is taking advice from his son on this tremendously important decision for the nation, that is deeply disturbing, if not outright disqualifying.  And because what  everyone is telling him is not what he wants to hear?  That's no excuse to place your family's advice above other professionals.  Not with what's at stake.

9 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Crap I put this in the wrong thread

My goodness, I need my multiverse to be the one where Pete Buttigieg is on the Presidential ticket in some capacity at some point.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

@bearrock

You don't take someone's keys because you afraid of them losing the election.

You take them because of afraid of them or someone else getting killed.

Yall need to stop confusing the two out of fear.

It's proportional to the risk.  I would say taking away someone's ability to drive is a far greater intrusion into their liberties, thus requires a greater potential negative outcome.  Being replaced on the ticket because most professional politicians and strategists see no way of you actually winning due to your inability to campaign effectively is not some grave injustice.  It is proportional to the outcome.

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's proportional to the risk.  I would say taking away someone's ability to drive is a far greater intrusion into their liberties, thus requires a greater potential negative outcome.  Being replaced on the ticket because most professional politicians and strategists see no way of you actually winning due to your inability to campaign effectively is not some grave injustice.  It is proportional to the outcome.

Not at all, imo.

His job is to run the country, he can drive just fine.

Folks are looking at this as taking away his be in the ticket, he's taking it as being told he can't be POTUS anymore even though the entirety of NATO jus vouched for him last week.

He was asked to save democracy, he mentioned if he was convinced he couldn't win he'd more seriously consider it. 

He's put out there to stop trying to throw him in the wheel barrel while he's still alive...the approach needs to change or risk of him digging in more.

Speaking as someone who is conflicted with both of my parents driving for health reasons right now.

• Like 2

The issue is one of age, it is unsolvable. He is obviously slower then 2020 and in 2020 it was clear he didn’t have his 2012 fastball anymore

With that said, it is not competence. He was excellent in the NATO press conference and his administration has been the most competent and well run since Clinton 

I am riding with Biden, but will support the nominee if it is someone different. However I will not forget nor forgive the back stabbers in the party, the elite big donors and especially the elite coastal media (the Ezra Klein, Brian Selter’s of the world)

of course my wife being a card carrying former member of the elite media hates I think that way 😂

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

41 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not at all, imo.

His job is to run the country, he can drive just fine.

Folks are looking at this as taking away his be in the ticket, he's taking it as being told he can't be POTUS anymore even though the entirety of NATO jus vouched for him last week.

He was asked to save democracy, he mentioned if he was convinced he couldn't win he'd more seriously consider it. 

He's put out there to stop trying to throw him in the wheel barrel while he's still alive...the approach needs to change or risk of him digging in more.

Speaking as someone who is conflicted with both of my parents driving for health reasons right now.

His job as a president is to run the country.  His job as a candidate is to win the election (and in that sense, I haven't seen much since the debate to reaasure me that he can drive just fine).  It's unfortunate that the dumbass voters have created two separate jobs for aspiring presidents, but such is reality.  If people better in the know than me are close to universal in their assessment that Biden can't do the job as a candidate, then there is nothing wrong with firing him from that job.  I would imagine in some candyland fantasy there was a scenario where Biden leaves with his dignity and feelings completely intact.  That no longer seems to be in the realm of reality.   So we are either left with hoping that all these people who has always toed the line with every recent democratic presidential candidate has somehow lost their minds and are unnecessarily panicking or Biden is really unable to do the job as a candidate and is destined to lose.  In the second scenario, feelings be damned, a party is perfectly in their rights to change the candidate.