Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Because it all revolves around us.

Amd your need to ALWAYS mis-identify a sandwich...I mean its no wonder you cant draw that line right

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

Amd your need to ALWAYS mis-identify a sandwich...I mean its no wonder you cant draw that line right

I can't draw the line, because I've had way too much wine and smoke, but I'm from the number one rated sandwich city in the world according to Savour and others and I'm a junk food chef, which makes me the expert. I don't talk to you about buffalo wings, do I? (cause it's simpleton food and generally the same everywhere).

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't draw the line, because I've had way too much wine and smoke, but I'm from the number one rated sandwich city in the world according to Savour and others and I'm a junk food chef, which makes me the expert. I don't talk to you about buffalo wings, do I? (cause it's simpleton food and generally the same everywhere).

Pffft...i dont consider Buffalo part of NY...too far west, plus if they aren't <edited non stadium rage>

Edited by Xameil

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

@Xameil stadium bro

Yup...you are right. Sandwiches only.

33 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Pffft...i dont consider Buffalo part of NY...too far west, plus if they aren't <edited non stadium rage>

• Like 1

The Washington Commanders’ massive free-agent haul paid dividends in the spring. One thing a new coach can see over his first few months is how players are buying in and carrying the flag for the program he’s trying to put in.

And having been in that position before with the Atlanta Falcons, new Commanders coach Dan Quinn arrived in D.C. knowing that he’d need some flag-bearers for what he was trying to build. It’s a big reason why Washington went for volume in free agency—bringing in a massive number of players from across the NFL whom he and new GM Adam Peters saw as fits for what they’ll be trying to build over the next few years.

So far, so good.

Quinn saw it in the spring in the details on tape—in how players were finishing plays downfield, how they were going after the ball on defense and how the three new phases were being installed (the coaches tried to take their time and be deliberate with that).

The two guys in particular who really showed up in that regard were Bobby Wagner and Zach Ertz, who have a combined 23 years of NFL experience and have both won a Super Bowl. Quinn had Wagner in Seattle a decade ago, so he knew exactly what he was getting from the six-time All-Pro. And Quinn’s offensive coordinator, Kliff Kingsbury, had Ertz for a season and a half in Arizona, so Washington wasn’t guessing about him, either. Both helped to set a standard and install the coaches’ systems.

Quinn also brought Dorance Armstrong and Tyler Biadasz with him from Dallas, and imported older vets such as Marcus Mariota, Nick Allegretti, Austin Ekeler and Frankie Luvu who’d not only fit Kingsbury’s scheme, but help bring along the younger guys. And that’s only made the buy-in from established players such as Jonathan Allen, Jeremy Reaves, Daron Payne and Sam Cosmi come more quickly.

The hope, from there, would be that a program coming together would quicken the learning curve of Jayden Daniels, Mike Sainristil, Ben Sinnott (Jer’Zhan “Johnny” Newton when he gets healthy) and the rest of the rookies.

For now, though, they hit the break in a good spot.

https://www.si.com/nfl/offseason-takeaways-nfl-minicamps-across-the-league

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Feels like Bobby Wagner is capturing a good fraction of the Matt Ryan "This vet is great for the lifeblood of this team" offseason buzz. Everybody is talking about him and what his mere presence provides.

Its nice to see.

I mean Wagner still played at a high level last year. This isn't like when Rivera picked up Thomas Davis who couldn't move at all at the end of his career.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Go once per year. you'll be out in the baking sun unless you're vip 

I got lucky last year, my mother in law is disabled so we got to sit in the covered seats.  Had a great time watching what I thought would be a great season given all the hype!  🤪

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I got lucky last year, my mother in law is disabled so we got to sit in the covered seats.  Had a great time watching what I thought would be a great season given all the hype!  🤪

image.jpeg.5d34880f1492886a99d29c5a1597ab3b.jpeg

sorry, this one is pretty bad. I just couldn’t resist.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Twelfth man said:

Who has attended training camp; do you recommend doing it once or multiple times in a pre-season? Other thoughts on attending training camp as a fan?

Multiple times gives you a better feel for the team.  Get their early to get a good spot.  Impossible to see or pay attention to everything -- easiest for me is to lock into the Qb and WRs-CBs.

• Like 1

@Going Commandomentioned not hearing any hype on Sinnott and Sainstrill based on camp so far.  I know what he means.  It seemed to be quiet about both.  But for whatever its worth Sheehan asked Standig about who stood out in practice among the rookies, and the first one he named was Sinnott esecially in the red zone.  Then mentoned Sainstrill. 

On another note catching up on Bram on Keim they both really highlighted Chinn big time so.  They are lining him up everywhere and he is a presence.

I've heard multiple times now seems like the starting duo at safety looks to be Chinn and Martin.

Some talk about Hampton getting some starter reps and looking good.  Almost no mention of Butler or Forrest.

I am gathering or hoping that Forbes might be coming on soon, hear he's been with the 1's some. 

Luvu, Wagner, had good camps so far.  Luvu Quinn mentioned has looked even better than advertised.  Hear tey are high on Magee.  

Logan Paulsen among others seems super high on Luke McCaffrey, also said Coleman looks to be improving -- hard to tell though O lineman without pads on.

Hear Ertz had a good camp.  Seems like zero mentions of Cole Turner.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Luvu is the star of a very good free agent class. I think he's going to be a monster for us for several years.  

Micah Parsons 2.0 I think - DQ and JWJr. are going to find ways to put him in all sorts of positions to make plays and rush the passer.  Gonna be a fun thing to watch.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@Going Commandomentioned not hearing any hype on Sinnott and Sainstrill based on camp so far.  I know what he means.  It seemed to be quiet about both.  But for whatever its worth Sheehan asked Standig about who stood out in practice among the rookies, and the first one he named was Sinnott esecially in the red zone.  Then mentoned Sainstrill. 

On another note catching up on Bram on Keim they both really highlighted Chinn big time so.  They are lining him up everywhere and he is a presence.

I've heard multiple times now seems like the starting duo at safety looks to be Chinn and Martin.

Some talk about Hampton getting some starter reps and looking good.  Almost no mention of Butler or Forrest.

I am gathering or hoping that Forbes might be coming on soon, hear he's been with the 1's some. 

Luvu, Wagner, had good camps so far.  Luvu Quinn mentioned has looked even better than advertised.  Hear tey are high on Magee.  

Logan Paulsen among others seems super high on Luke McCaffrey, also said Coleman looks to be improving -- hard to tell though O lineman without pads on.

Hear Ertz had a good camp.  Seems like zero mentions of Cole Turner.

Of all of the Ron holdovers, Quan Martin seems to be the winner of the bunch. Well, him and BRob. 

I do hope Dotson bounces back.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Seems like Martin is the only young/unproven-ish guy from the Rivera era that is holding up. Everyone else could be gone in a year or two tops.

Brian Robinson as well, setting aside the usual “RB’s have a short shelf life” reality 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Brian Robinson as well, setting aside the usual “RB’s have a short shelf life” reality 

One of the benefits to him being criminally under-utilized the last two seasons is that he should have plenty of tread on the tires.

• Like 3