Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

Posted (edited)

"...we get to set the tone for how we want this year to go...put the past behind us and attack what's in front of us."

"...He (Jayden) shows the potential. You see the throws, you see the decisions he's making, you see the confidence he has. You see the work he's putting in too. He's coming in early...working out...watching film..."

"Jayden... commands the offense..."

"I'm just so happy. I love the coaching staff I love the direction we've been moving, I love the way we've been working. It's truly been reinvigorating...this is a dream job right now..."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Listened to Logan Paulsen who has been at the practices on Sheehan's show.  I believe he gets to see all of them versus the regular media because he works for the team.

A. Jayden Daniels release is lightening quick, one of the fastest he's seen in the NFL.

B. What sticks out the most about Daniels is how much he's studied and is aware of everything this fast.  He cited Howell (who I know worked hard, too) would hesitate in camp practices at times not sure what to do -- whereas Daniels is decisive, doesn't pat the ball before the throw, etc to buy time, he knows the protections, what's going on already.

C.  He believes that they love Quan.  Quan played very well towards the end of the season and embodies everything they love as to these coaches including his smarts and physicality. 

D.   Forbes feels like a wildcard, he speaks to their love of turnovers but he's not a physical player and they like physicality.  He cities how long for example and big the Colorado State UDFA is.

E.  Not sure about Jamin's future.  Magee at least initially is playing with the 1's over Jamin.  And Paulsen seem to hint that Magee's instincts might already jump at the them versus Jamin.  He didn't phrase it that way but said something to leave me with that impression.

F.  He expects the O line to be better.  Better players.  But more so that the scheme should make them look better -- versus the pass happy, almost exclusive 5 man protection version of it last year that exposed them.  He cited how Mike McDaniel inherited a maligned Dolphins O line but they were much better under him instantly because of the scheme

G.  Kingsbury looks fired up, and energetic out there.  He believes calling an offense versus running a whole team is much better suited for Kliff.  Logan early on was a bit cynical I picked up on some of Kliff's scheme.  But as he digested it and is seeing practice, he's juiced about Klff now.

H.  Thinks the offense will have a heavy dose of uptempo-RPO's -- spread defenses out and then run inside zone versus it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 16
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Thanks to everyone for posting info in the thread for me. My father in-law passed away a couple of days ago. So I have been pretty busy. Love finding a few minutes to take my mind off of life. It is appreciated. 

• Like 20
  • Sad 17

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thanks to everyone for posting info in the thread for me. My father in-law passed away a couple of days ago. So I have been pretty busy. Love finding a few minutes to take my mind off of life. It is appreciated. 

Condolences on your family’s loss, man 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I lost my brother in 1993 and I'm not a religious zealot by any means but several instances have occurred since over the years that I believe were my brother reaching out to me trying to let me know everything is okay. I believe we all will see our loved ones again. I really do.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Make sure you keep making the time to check in ….:cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

My father in law passed away three months ago, so I know, to an extent, what you’re going through, but also know it’s individual for every family. Best wishes for all your family and prayers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Logan Paulsen who has been at the practices on Sheehan's show.  I believe he gets to see all of them versus the regular media because he works for the team.

A. Jayden Daniels release is lightening quick, one of the fastest he's seen in the NFL.

B. What sticks out the most about Daniels is how much he's studied and is aware of everything this fast.  He cited Howell (who I know worked hard, too) would hesitate in camp practices at times not sure what to do -- whereas Daniels is decisive, doesn't pat the ball before the throw, etc to buy time, he knows the protections, what's going on already.

C.  He believes that they love Quan.  Quan played very well towards the end of the season and embodies everything they love as to these coaches including his smarts and physicality. 

D.   Forbes feels like a wildcard, he speaks to their love of turnovers but he's not a physical player and they like physicality.  He cities how long for example and big the Colorado State UDFA is.

E.  Not sure about Jamin's future.  Magee at least initially is playing with the 1's over Jamin.  And Paulsen seem to hint that Magee's instincts might already jump at the them versus Jamin.  He didn't phrase it that way but said something to leave me with that impression.

F.  He expects the O line to be better.  Better players.  But more so that the scheme should make them look better -- versus the pass happy, almost exclusive 5 man protection version of it last year that exposed them.  He cited how Mike McDaniel inherited a maligned Dolphins O line but they were much better under him instantly because of the scheme

G.  Kingsbury looks fired up, and energetic out there.  He believes calling an offense versus running a whole team is much better suited for Kliff.  Logan early on was a bit cynical I picked up on some of Kliff's scheme.  But as he digested it and is seeing practice, he's juiced about Klff now.

H.  Thinks the offense will have a heavy dose of uptempo-RPO's -- spread defenses out and then run inside zone versus it.

Magee starting out over Jamin...WOW. That's going to be interesting to watch. When I heard DG was hired I assumed Jamin and Quan would be perfect fits for their plan. Sounds like I hit on Quan but WOW.

I sure hope Forbes doesn't end out being a nothing burger...damnit

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

My condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Prayers for The Father's Grace and Peace in Jesus Name!  🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Condolences to you and the family, take care of yourself!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Magee starting out over Jamin...WOW. That's going to be interesting to watch. When I heard DG was hired I assumed Jamin and Quan would be perfect fits for their plan. Sounds like I hit on Quan but WOW.

I sure hope Forbes doesn't end out being a nothing burger...damnit

Quan vibes is he can be a star.  I admit I am biased towards him, he was on my guys list before that draft so I echo the thought that he could end up very good.  IMO he was just a half a peg behind B. Branch in that draft, similar player IMO. 

Forbes vibes might be a bust.  Keim is always polite in his criticism but he's hit multiple times Forbes issues go deeper than bad coaching last year.

Jamin who knows?  His weird fascination with driving fast and getting trouble with the law makes me question now his intangibles.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I am sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to Forbes trade value in terms of draft picks? A 4th sounds to rich if he’s going to struggle to make this roster 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

These are the types of things you would expect to read about a poised, computer-brained statue of a pocket passer with limited athleticism. Not even sure I’ve read a single “highlight” from OTA’s about Daniels’ running ability (obviously there’s no real pressure so that’s not surprising, just saying that he’s impressing without using a major tool in his toolbox). It’s rare that a player is the whole package…it’s extremely encouraging to read these validations of people’s insistence that he was reading defenses at an NFL level already and going through his progressions at an elite level in college. Those things are hard to verify “on tape” for the layman so it’s pretty much best case scenario that our guy who can run a 4.4 or whatever is seemingly operating much more like a veteran than a rookie as a passer. That’s the dream. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

I need to pinch myself.

This is starting to look like we just might have a real Dude under center-- and that would mean that ANYTHING is possible and no team goal is out of reach. 🤞 

Keim on today's open mini-camp...

Direct quotes from Keim:

"They'll (the players) talk about his (Jayden Daniels) poise...his composure...talk about the work he's put in...they all brought that up. It's funny because they do get smiles on their face when they start to talk about him. So there's a noticeable liking of Jayden Daniels already...(Jon Allen) gets there really early and Jayden is ALWAYS here before him...

Later I (privately) asked Jon Allen, "What time do you get here?" and he  replied--

"Six fourty-five, and the **** [insert epithet for male canine] is always here already!" (It was said jokingly by Allen, but with great pride and appreciation for Daniels uncommon discipline and diligence to task.)

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Some stuff is more important than May OTAs, and you are in the middle of one of them. It's a lot and it's not easy. I know you've got to be strong for your wife and her immediate family, but make sure you take some time to get a good cry in yourself. I wish I had better words of advice and comfort, but if they exist, I don't know them. Prayers of peace and comfort are headed your way. I also hope that the brief glimpses on this thread give you a welcome distraction. HTTR

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Refreshing to hear Terry praising Dotsons hands and hand usage off the line. It will be great if that dude can get separation quickly with Daniels and his quickening read and release

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

We are like family and when **** hits the fan at our home or just in general in our society or lives, we can turn here to get away from it all. Seeing everyone in character brings us peace or some ****.

Sports are just thrust upon us and we accept them but maybe we don't stop to realize supporting a team traverses all that would otherwise keep us divided. Where else can you scream like a crazed lunatic like we do at games high 5ing strangers from all walks of life smiling at the same time. What else makes you flip out like when watching the game on TV. Alone. Put on your old #44 jersey even though no one will even see you on Sunday. We find some peace in our sunday rituals.  We, of course, are extreme so we are here 365 getting therapy.

Forgetting about life for a while, which keeps us sane.

On a more positive note, it looks like there is writing on the wall for some players from the former regime. No surprise really but just points to the terrible drafting we have been forced to endure. For close to 2 decades.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1