Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Trevor from PFF on Paulsen's podcast addressing the dispairty between him and some mock drafters (who preferred Maye) and most scouts-coaches who prefered Daniels. 

Trevor thought was the NFL scouts-coaches were enamored with Daniels consistent mechanics and delivery which Maye didn't share.  It was an interesting listen.  PFF by far were the biggest Maye people along with Nat Trice.  But they also thought Daniels was close behind him.  But it was interesting to hear Trevor explain why he gets why scouts seemed to prefer Daniels and it centered on the consistency of his mechanics.

Regardless of whom you preferred, I’m glad we have a franchise QB and an organization / staff built to develop him the right way.  

Playbook installs for him and the offense without different OCs coming in every year.  Him starting to develop relationships and chemistry with his receivers and everyone building together. So refreshing…  Nice to have professionals running the show!🥹

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I feel like his leadership style is just to out work everyone in the building and see who wants to come with him. I hope thats correct im sure there is a lot of projecting of my own going into me thinking that. But i hope thats correct. 

Young players grow over time, whether they're introverted or extroverted. It's usually after gaining some experience and maybe even becoming parents that they truly step up as vocal leaders. At this stage, it's more about putting in the work rather than emphasizing leadership. After all, which veteran would really take a rookie's enthusiastic speeches seriously? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

This kid is growing on me more and more. I first kinda thought he had a too cool for school personality but now he just comes off as down to earth and confident. I like him.

Forgot who said it but one NFL type who is around a lot of players over the years -- college and pros said Jayden is the most humble dude he's been around in that mix.

46 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Regardless of whom you preferred, I’m glad we have a franchise QB and an organization / staff built to develop him the right way.  

Playbook installs for him and the offense without different OCs coming in every year.  Him starting to develop relationships and chemistry with his receivers and everyone building together. So refreshing…  Nice to have professionals running the show!🥹

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Man, was I wrong about JD.  My bad!  I'll take the heat.  So glad AP and Co. drafted him.  :)  

I'm warming up to it. But let him play a game first. I am liking what I'm hearing though. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It was really hard to tell what was going on there from the far away clips but now I see.

I do hope the spacing is better than what I can make out here cuz if one guy eats it and goes down u got a nascar pile up situation on your hands. Living dangerously!

No risk-it no biscuit I guess.

• Like 2

I’m so confused. There are people who watched Daniels play and thought he sucked? I can’t figure out how you watch his film and think he was a bad player or wasn’t worthy of a top pick from a skills perspective. Dude has elite speed. 

I want to see if he can be durable. Otherwise  I don’t have many questions… other than he’s #5.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forgot who said it but one NFL type who is around a lot of players over the years -- college and pros said Jayden is the most humble dude he's been around in that mix.

I've been to 3 county fairs,  5 rodeos,   over a dozen rollercoaster and even seen a donkey show or three in my day, but I ain't ever laid eyes on anything as authentically rambunctiously entertaining as what them boys of ours done got themselves into today!

Yee haw!

Me thinks this Quinn guy might just be on to something.

Part of me is so used to things falling bad in the worst way when it comes to this team that I want to hold on to my skepticism to protect myself but the bigger part of me is whispering...  "release the birds... go ahead just let 'em fly watch 'em soar to the heavens and relish every damn moment of it..."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m so confused. There are people who watched Daniels play and thought he sucked? I can’t figure out how you watch his film and think he was a bad player or wasn’t worthy of a top pick from a skills perspective. Dude has elite speed. 

I want to see if he can be durable. Otherwise  I don’t have many questions… other than he’s #5.

I think a lot of it was the perceived attitude stuff. All the signs, if you wanted to read them that way, could have pointed to him being RGMe all over again. 

People forget the drafting process is intentionally deceitful, I think. And once you get a rooting interest it’s really hard to just be fair and open minded about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, formerly4skins said:

This may not mean exactly what you think it means 😆 

...give it a google.

I spent some time in Escondido, California. 

Weekends were "wasted" across the border at a bar called Adelita's that was famous for a lot of things-- none of which had much to do with drinking.

On a few occasions the more adventurous of us, including sailors on leave from the naval base in San Diego, would  be invited to go on an excursion to even more "interesting" and unique venues. 

I'm very familiar with the original donkey show.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Weekends were "wasted" across the border at a bar called Adelita's that was famous for a lot of things-- none of which had much to do with drinking.

On a few occasions the more adventurous of us, including sailors on leave from the naval base in San Diego, would  be invited to go on an excursion to even more "interesting" and unique venues. 

And here I was thinking surely no man would attend 3 😁 

Sounds like wild times, that's for sure. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I think a lot of it was the perceived attitude stuff. All the signs, if you wanted to read them that way, could have pointed to him being RGMe all over again. 

People forget the drafting process is intentionally deceitful, I think. And once you get a rooting interest it’s really hard to just be fair and open minded about it. 

Some of it.  But also, there were definitely some on that QB thread who didn't think he was good.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Tress didn’t give up the number for money or tickets to a game. He’s a real class act. Watch this clip. 

I know I have my own personal "avoidant attachment style" and emotional availability issues... chalk it up to ethnic immigrant parents. I'm working on it.

But, uh... I just watched a punter start to cry about his jersey number and share that he not only talked to his wife about it and prayed about it, but went to his boss and his boss' boss to discuss the issue.

Is it really that big of a deal??? Lol

I get that it wraps up in his identity and stuff like that, but man... it's a jersey number. He's a punter!

These athletes are a different breed, man. Sell it, keep it, give it, I didn't think it was that deep!

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I know I have my own personal "avoidant attachment style" and emotional availability issues... chalk it up to ethnic immigrant parents. I'm working on it.

But, uh... I just watched a punter start to cry about his jersey number and share that he not only talked to his wife about it and prayed about it, but went to his boss and his boss' boss to discuss the issue.

Is it really that big of a deal??? Lol

I get that it wraps up in his identity and stuff like that, but man... it's a jersey number. He's a punter!

These athletes are a different breed, man. Sell it, keep it, give it, I didn't think it was that deep!

Man, a number is an identity. It’s something he grew with and became a part of him. It’s probably something he has around his home and a nickname friends call him. He’s part of it and it is part of him. And he gave it to a rookie who hasn’t proven a thing simply because he was asked to.

And he didn’t ask for a dime. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Those Navy boys… great stories… the only thing that makes me question my life choices at times…🫣🤫🤔

• Thumb up 1

Keim

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40121455/stud

"He's a stud," third-round receiver Luke McCaffrey said. "I know he's one heck of a quarterback and a lot of fun to play with from a personality standpoint. I've had a blast in these 24 hours with him. ... He's just fun to be around; he's good energy."

Added second-round tight end Ben Sinnott: "He has the 'it' factor."

Washington selected Daniels with the second pick in last month's draft, making him the franchise's latest hope at quarterback. The team started eight different passers in the last four years and nobody has started for more than three consecutive seasons since Mark Rypien from 1989 to '93. Since that time, Washington has drafted five other quarterbacks in the first round, and none became the long-term answer.

Daniels' presence led to more interest than usual in the Commanders' first rookie workout as approximately 55 media members attended -- at least 20 more than usual, according to a team spokesman. He smiled often and during breaks could be seen laughing with coaches or teammates. He lofted accurate deep passes down the middle of the field against no defenders and was accurate during a 7-on-7 drill, with one off-target pass that resulted in a one-handed grab by undrafted free agent Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint.

Daniels said Friday was just about "day one install" of the playbook. But he also said he soaked in seeing his helmet in the locker and putting on his yellow No. 5 practice jersey.

"Man, it was awesome," he said. He added that scenes like this brought out "that 9-year-old kid in me, just realizing that his dreams came true, and now I'm here but I've still got a long way to go."

Sinnott said he worked out with Daniels at times in the offseason -- as well as undrafted free agent quarterback Sam Hartman. He said he saw Daniels' accuracy on film and then realized it in person. He saw him, as others did, create plays with his legs as well.

"He's a super talented kid, a great dude I really like to be around and hopefully grow with," Sinnott said. "There are just guys who players naturally get attracted to and revolve around and he's got that personality where you want to work with him and want to watch film with him and you want to be out here working with him."

Daniels said this weekend is also about developing his leadership in the NFL, before he starts working with the veterans at OTA practices.

"Just being myself, being a hard worker," he said. "Don't try to be somebody I'm not. People see who's authentic and who's not. Try to make connections, talk to people. Obviously I'm 23, it's a lot of different age ranges in this locker room, so try to relate as much as possible, show them I'm all about the team, I'm all about hard work."

And, for now, it's about learning the playbook and then earning the starting job.

"Just going through the lumps of being a rookie and trying to learn how to be a pro," Daniels said. "I don't have a definitive answer for you what I needed to work on. I'm just trying to learn as much as possible."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

And here I was thinking surely no man would attend 3 😁 

Sounds like wild times, that's for sure. 

The bygone "daze" and errors of a tragically misspent youth, that eventually resulted in the forthright upstanding and honorable man who humbly stands before you. 🤪

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1