Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

I get it , it is only a #… but to a degree it goes a lot deeper, the expectation that a seasoned NFL (regardless of his position) is expected to just give up his # after having it for such a long time… hmm

kinda like a employee having 10+ years at his employment and this new young supposedly can’t miss employee comes in and wants his office, or title or whatever it may be as to your employment… would you just simply “Give it Up” 

He's the punter. Half the guys don't know his name.

In all seriousness, with as insane as NFL roster turnover is in 2024, anyone who is not a 5-time all pro (and punters don't count) shouldn't feel too precious about his number. You're going to be in Seattle next year anyway, amigo. Take the dinner at Morton's or whatever and move on. 

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wanna see him and Dak do this competitively. Like, hyper adrenaline fueled raged filled competition. To the death. Would make a great Old Spice commercial. 

I mean... I know he's young and all and you never know what the future holds, but I don't think he's ready for the car wash down Loudoun County Parkway just yet.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jayden went with the Riddell speedflex helmet. I think he wore that at LSU as well. Sam Howell was using the newer Riddell Axiom helmet. I like the look of Jayden’s better but the other one has better concussion protection. 

• Like 2

Just now, Llevron said:

Ok I know this will come off like im messing around. But are his knees just a freaky to anyone as his creepy ass elbow was?? 

His knees look normal man. He actually has decent quads. 

• Like 4

That throwing motion is so clean. Always pops for me, especially when you remember he's a rook.

That is a pretty large media throng too. Feels similar to what we got for Josh Harris training camp, and this is just a rookie mini-camp.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I feel like his leadership style is just to out work everyone in the building and see who wants to come with him. I hope thats correct im sure there is a lot of projecting of my own going into me thinking that. But i hope thats correct. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

His throwing motion and release is so fluid, quick, and natural. It’s something Ive always likes about JD even when I was the President of Maye Nation. 

I think Daniels to Mclaurin is gonna do some real damage this year.

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)

Listened to Trevor from PFF on Paulsen's podcast addressing the dispairty between him and some mock drafters (who preferred Maye) and most scouts-coaches who prefered Daniels. 

Trevor thought was the NFL scouts-coaches were enamored with Daniels consistent mechanics and delivery which Maye didn't share.  It was an interesting listen.  PFF by far were the biggest Maye people along with Nat Trice.  But they also thought Daniels was close behind him.  But it was interesting to hear Trevor explain why he gets why scouts seemed to prefer Daniels and it centered on the consistency of his mechanics.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

His throwing motion and release is so fluid, quick, and natural. It’s something Ive always likes about JD even when I was the President of Maye Nation. 

I was high on Maye too albiet high on Daniels at the same time. 

I think both end up studs.  Will see.  The one I'd bet against becoming a stud is McCarthy but I think he will be good -- Kirk level good potentially but don't think he's a top 5 type, will see.

I'll say one thing Daniels brings over Maye and by a mile and I said so when I was perhaps a co-pres of the Maye Nation fan club -- that is, excitement. 

Maye isn't unexciting.  Good personality and is a fun watch.  But Daniels is definitely more of an electric player because of his wheels.   Seeing all those cameras there at today's practice.  I'd be surprised if it was the same for Maye.  When you got national reporters like Eisen clamoring for Dallas-Washington week 1 because he wants to see Daniels play or all the Chicago-Washington hype, Lamar versus Daniels, etc -- wouldn't be the same IMO with Maye.  Not that it matters to the bottom line but I'll say the hype is certainly higher with Daniels

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Who is Maye? Never heard of him. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

This kid is growing on me more and more. I first kinda thought he had a too cool for school personality but now he just comes off as down to earth and confident. I like him.

Hes super chill and doesnt get rattled. That was said about him in college as well. 

Jay Cool would be a nice nickname

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes super chill and doesnt get rattled. That was said about him in college as well. 

Jay Cool would be a nice nickname

Funny you mentioned that. I literally thought of Joe Flacco and his Joe Cool nickname when i was trying to think of a comparison.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Trevor from PFF on Paulsen's podcast addressing the dispairty between him and some mock drafters (who preferred Maye) and most scouts-coaches who prefered Daniels. 

Trevor thought was the NFL scouts-coaches were enamored with Daniels consistent mechanics and delivery which Maye didn't share.  It was an interesting listen.  PFF by far were the biggest Maye people along with Nat Trice.  But they also thought Daniels was close behind him.  But it was interesting to hear Trevor explain why he gets why scouts seemed to prefer Daniels and it centered on the consistency of his mechanics.

I’d add that for this team, and Peters in particular, the post-snap recognition/diagnosis seemed like a major factor.  Now given how (relatively) inexperienced Maye is, he’s got the upside to grow in that facet (and others), but not everyone gets there…  whereas they seem to believe Jayden has already displayed it.  

• Like 3