Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Well, Peters just got us his version for DJ of Deebo and Aiyuk in Christian's brother Luke.  

Yeah, reading that Rice used him on run oriented gadget plays. 6' 2" 195. Imagine if he turns out even close to his brothers skills.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Gotta say....I expected a little more OL emphasis

Adam Peters got us a LT with great potential after reading up on him.  He's a BIG man that is fast and can handle LT with 34 5/8 inche arms only allowed 1 sack last year and ran a 4.99 40.  He has someone in mind and he'll get him tomorrow at RT.  I expect another trade as I call him Bobby Beathard 2.0 because he finds gems in the middle and late rounds of the draft and has nailed this one this year, I think. :) 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 6

We got some real good players. Some were taken a little bit earlier than I thought but big boards can vary wildly at this stage. 

Light day tomorrow. Hopefully we can find some super raw athletes that need development in round 5. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Man, that feels early.  But talk about having NFL bloodlines.

He got hungry hippo hands...catching it is the point, the rest can take care of itself if he does that and keeps winning 50/50 balls being aggressive.

Just now, Lovi said:

Field Yates said we won day 2.  We don't usually hear that

I mean Im pretty sure we had the most picks going into it and made a great value trade with Philly. All the picks are real good players, no head scratchers like im years past(Newton doesnt fill an immediate need but talent wise hes a 1st round caliber player). 

Man I am really not sure about Coleman at LT.  I see the the length/speed/flexibility combo, but the sets are so uneven, and when he loses, it's pretty bad.

I don't love him as Plan A at tackle when we don't have a real Plan B.  And I don't love coming out of this stacked OT class with such a gamble at the position, and an OL coach that bombed at his last job in charge of his development.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Going Commando said:

Man I am really not sure about Coleman at LT.  I see the the length/speed/flexibility combo, but the sets are so uneven, and when he loses, it's pretty bad.

I don't love him as Plan A at tackle when we don't have a real Plan B.  And I don't love coming out of this stacked OT class with such a gamble at the position, and an OL coach that bombed at his last job in charge of his development.

The run on Ts in round 1 hurt. We tried to trade up for one, but ultimately I think a combo of Newton and Sainrstil or Sinnot is better than any T we coulda gotten. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Im pretty sure we had the most picks going into it and made a great value trade with Philly. All the picks are real good players, no head scratchers like im years past(Newton doesnt fill an immediate need but talent wise hes a 1st round caliber player). 

Newton is a future starter and eventual replacement for Allen or Payne. When they are up for next contract; we probably won’t resign them.

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Yeah and didn't they actually announce him as a G not T. Feels like a project at T that maybe begins on the inside

I am not nearly as bullish on this day as some. 5 picks and at best two possible day 1 major contributors, Sinnott and Sanristil. Newton won't see the field much with Allen and Payne ahead of him and Coleman and McCaffery are major projects.

Add in Peters serving up Dejean to the Eagles?! Hey I could be wrong, but plenty to not like here today.

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Gotta say....I expected a little more OL emphasis

Yeah me too.  Newton's good.  I like Sainristil and was on his bandwagon early.  I liked Sinnott and had him as the clear cut #2 TE.  I even like McCaffrey despite the reach, because I got to watch his bowl game live and see the defensive attention he got.  Had him circled as a Day 3 value option.

I'm nervous about Coleman.  He's an interesting project, and I see the foundation that they are banking on.  He has fantastic flexibilty and plays so low.  Good anchor power and good hands.  But he's really up and down.  His SB reps were either brick wall great, or he got shucked by Braswell right off the snap/tractored back into the QB by Sweat/LSU IDL.

Do we know if we drafted Coleman to play OT or OG?  I think there are pros and cons to both plans.  He kind of has to play OT right?  That left side of the line is a mess.  Stromberg, please step up 🙏🙏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

I am not nearly as bullish on this day as some. 5 picks and at best two possible day 1 major contributors, Sinnott and Sanristil. Newton won't see the field much with Allen and Payne ahead of him and Coleman and McCaffery are major projects.

Add in Peters serving up Dejean to the Eagles?! Hey I could be wrong, but plenty to not like here today.

You dont draft for year one. You draft for what theyll grow into in years 3 and beyond.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Our new DB converted to DB from WR 2 years ago

Luke converted to WR from QB 2 years ago.

You gotta think there is a lot of space for them to grow into their craft. They have so little XP at their positions.

Looking up Luke people seem to love his work ethic and mindset.

These two guys are in position to get significantly better real fast.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The run on Ts in round 1 hurt. We tried to trade up for one, but ultimately I think a combo of Newton and Sainrstil or Sinnot is better than any T we coulda gotten. 

I think we should have picked Kingsley.  Give me Kingsley and one of either Sainristil or Sinnott.  I like both of them, but I'd rather have taken a big swing on Kingsley.  The Chiefs got a steal.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1