Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Dark Acre said:

I hope Spencer Rattler pans out for whoever takes him.  "Spencer, Rattler, rides in with the storm...."  (Yeah, probably too obscure a reference here.)

Well if Atalanta doesn't take him at 43, the Giants could be looking at him at 47

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Am I forgetting anyone? Maybe NYG, anyone else? 

There are always surprise teams that rise and fall without warning. 

Dallas could suck. Tampa overachieved last year. Saints. Seahawks. Plenty of question marks around the league.

I just see too much roster and coaching improvement in Washington to expect another debacle like last year. Dude they lost 8 games in a row LOL.

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Is Dejean or Kool-Aid a better fit for us?

Do you prefer mustard or a sugary, fruit-flavored drink?  Some people would say, don't drink the Kool-Aid.  Some people ask, do you have any Grey Poupon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

My big thing is OT is a major problem no getting around that. We did not sign anyone in off season. We need to add some top potential to the oline especially at OT.

I am ok 36 taking BPA. There are guys who drop and you have to take advantage of that. At 40 we need to take a shot at the Byu Ot or Paul.

These two at 40 are not over drafted they have potential to be top guys. The next tier of guys is a step down. With NIL the late part of the draft does not have the talent it use to have. We need to get OT help these guys could be it. At 40 these are great picks.

I don't disagree, he'd be fine at 40, either of them really, but I'm not entirely sold I like him so much that I'd pass up on a really good offer, if its around, for our 40th. Not sure what normal trade value is for that though. We aint getting compensatories next year, so I'd like to add more picks this year both to recoup 4th and 6th round capital as well as '25 assets. But yeah, I wouldn't hate him at 40, I just think if I can move and get him or the other OT I like best, I'd do it, is it worth it? Maybe, not sure. 

3 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

No we don't. The guys to target are gone, at that point you're reaching, it's also worth noting that the Chargers already took OL after our pick, same with the Titans, real good chance a good OL we like makes it past 37, 38, 39, Chargers may take a guy at 37 though, and a WR run is expected early in round 2 which could cause people to trade into that zone. 

There's maybe one guy in Paul, possibly worth risking all that at 36, but I'd rather just take one of the best talents on the board, and they are generally DB, and WR. 

We'll see what Peters does.  

36 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Cooper DeJean would be a home run. 

Yeah, have to admit, I did not want DB help in round 2, but there's little denying that the top prospects here are probably DB's, WR's and maybe Paul. If DeJean or McKinstry fall to us, hard to say no at 36. I keep wondering if McKinstry has been red flagged, if the med flag is up, we might be able to wait on him until 67, or, he's just a steal, like DeJean in round 2. Would be fantastic to nail these two picks (and especially awesome w/a slight trade down and still getting what we want). Need to remind myself we rarely ever take what I want in round 2. 

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

4.70 40, 72nd percentile speed score. Kelce was 4.66 a decade ago, Mark Andrews is 4.67, Trey McBride is 4.61, Laporta 4.59, Pitts is a freak (low 4's), Kittle was 4.52 back when he was healthy, Dalton Kincaid was 4.68. He's definitely on the slow end of the field behind like literally every single top 10ish guy in the league, but he's also not outside the realm of the athleticism you need, as shown by the 72nd percentile speed score. With TE's the more athletic the better though in terms of hit rate and his burst and agility scores are sub 50th percentile, so athleticially, his profile is meh, you've got a point, I'm not in the cant stand him area, I like him, but he is a floor TE. Better than the guys in this class other than Bowers, but not great. Just solid plus guy (to me anyway). I can see your point, maybe my trade idea is a bit silly, how about dangling the late 3rd and a future 7th lol. 

I do not see why the Raiders would want to trade their physical TE, just because they drafted a 235lb TE who runs like a WR. They should use them both. They did not get a QB yesterday, Minshew is going to need the help and they will most likely run the ball more.

Edited by skinsfan66

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I want to reiterate: The online draft community is sleeping on Kam Kinchens and they shouldn't be.

[]_[]

I have watched him slowly fall down mock draft boards all offseason.  And its crazy because He might be the best safety since. what Ed Reed and Sean Taylor out of the U?

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

AD Mitchell at 36. Dejean or Sua at 40. We are going to walk away with multiple starters tonight. The board is still stacked since 6 QB's went in round one. Add in reaches for Worthy, Pearsall and Legette and we are sitting pretty.

Sua?!

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Did they draft a QB and LT last night?

No. Actually what they did was make a choice which made clear their priority is building a top notch OL to protect their franchise QB.

A strategy that would be completely undermined by then trading one of the league's best OTs for a 2nd round pick. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 1