Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

If true maybe other GMs colluded and led Chicago on pretending to have strong interest, forcing them to keep their ask too high. One GM may swoop in and nab him on the cheap.

Chicago may be well served to hold onto him vs sell him at a discount with the high fail rate of QBs.

There is no upside to keeping him, they have to decline his 5th year option very soon, so they’d literally be better off with a 6th round pick than nothing in a year. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He's got a $9m cap hit.  Ridder has $1.4.  They just signed Kirk.  He's probably going to be a FA.  To make this post relevant to the thread, I'm ecstatic they signed Mariota because when Hallock is released, there is no room for him here so the Hive can keep it in their pants and we don't have to hear about "would you?  Should we?"  

matrix-dodge.gif.2563c33af723ab08c8ac40cd213bb456.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think we should have a contest. Which prolific poster is down on a player/coach most:

VOR: Jay Gruden

@Skinsinparadise: Sam Darnold

@Koolblue13 :Eric Biennemy

@Koolblue13: Wylie (I couldn't choose one....)

@88Comrade2000: Ron Rivera

:P

I think you had the lead with Jay Gruden for awhile.  But @88Comrade2000 overtook you with Rivera

I think @Koolblue13's better fit on the topic is Bieniemy.

We got some anti-Kirkers here probably run deeper than any of us -- especially in context of longevity.  None of us for example like them dedicated a thread to trashing said coach or player on a thread (after they were gone).

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

How is Mariota familiar at all with Kingsbury's offense? He spent most of his career in a 2-3 TE, run-first and run-second and run-third offense in Tennessee; barely played in two years for Vegas in Jon Gruden's West Coast offense; got benched in a very-run-heavy offense in Atlanta; and played 40 snaps in the Eagles' RPO/TushPush offense last year.

I'd argue Howell, with his experience in the UNC offense - and scrambling for his life behind a horrendous OL last year - is more familiar with Air Raid 'concepts' than Mariota.

Didn't we grab the Eagles OC that Mariota was a backup for?

It'd pretty normal for a new OC to ask for a veteran more familiar with his concepts then what's currently there, if they picked Mariota. I'm not losing sleep trying to apart why.

The point is he's close enough.

• Like 1

Texans showing how it's down trading for Mixon...got a the right young coach and young QB.

Now trades for players like that make total sense and frankly make them scary after being irrelevant not even two years ago.

That fast.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Kinda heascratching how people here seem to forget howell was statistically a top 10 (maybe even top 5) qb halfway thru the season. He showed more in his first year starting than your darnolds, Zach Wilson’s, Mac jones and any GM worth his paycheck would see he has a lot more potential than the aforementioned failures… let’s also remember the team flat out gave up. The players hated bienemy, the OL was worst in the league, our weapons were meh. Howell faced about as much adversity as you could draw up. 

If howell is traded it’s a mistake. And if it’s for anything less than a 3rd it simply doesn’t make sense.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Ravens just flat out know how to do things.

Were you flat out sleeping yesterday, the whole day, when Adam Peters was doing things? lol

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Kinda heascratching how people here seem to forget howell was statistically a top 10 (maybe even top 5) qb halfway thru the season. He showed more in his first year starting than your darnolds, Zach Wilson’s, Mac jones and any GM worth his paycheck would see he has a lot more potential than the aforementioned failures… let’s also remember the team flat out gave up. The players hated bienemy, the OL was worst in the league, our weapons were meh. Howell faced about as much adversity as you could draw up. 

If howell is traded it’s a mistake. And if it’s for anything less than a 3rd it simply doesn’t make sense.

He was never top 10. He was league leader in passing yards because of insane # of pass attempts. He wasn't efficient or playing at a high level. Advanced metrics had him somewhere in the low 20s all year.

• Like 6

Just now, Warhead36 said:

He was never top 10. He was league leader in passing yards because of insane # of pass attempts. He wasn't efficient or playing at a high level. Advanced metrics had him somewhere in the low 20s all year.

So....he was a starter quality QB his very first year of starting?

• Like 2

Howell is a hot mess, at best.  The tape he put up in Nov/Dec is some of the saddest qb play in the history of the franchise and as soon as Brissett came in, tds started piling up.

Id trade Howell for a bowl of Brunswick Stew.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Were you flat out sleeping yesterday, the whole day, when Adam Peters was doing things? lol

My complimenting the Ravens for their draft prowess is not a slight against Peters, who has done a good job I agree. You need to lighten up. I'm not the enemy.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm one of the biggest Howellers on the board and I think having him on our roster is a strength, but I'd trade him for the right amount.

I fought harder than most for him... but yeah.. at the end of the day it is still a business and pieces have to fit your schemes too. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. 

I will still hold on to that chance that they are not going to go QB at #2 and Howell is going to start....

zclj5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Don't forget the 32nd ranked defense!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Howell is a hot mess, at best.  The tape he put up in Nov/Dec is some of the saddest qb play in the history of the franchise and as soon as Brissett came in, tds started piling up.

Id trade Howell for a bowl of Brunswick Stew.

The team in general was a disaster by then

• Like 1