Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I think at that trade cost, plus maybe a bumped up contract, it’s a decent punt by the Texans.

I think it’s also smart for Buffalo. Diggs had a way of getting in Allen’s head.

• Like 6

JC, Houston...

They are not playin around, could be one of the fastest built contenders we've ever seen.

I'm not sure how this will go for them, but interesting conversation from how long a rebuild is supposed to take, for sure.

This franchise won only 3 games in 2022...three...

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it’s also smart for Buffalo. Diggs had a way of getting in Allen’s head.

I think that’s an excellent point. Pretty clear by the trade cost the Bills were happy to move him on.

• Like 2

Interesting move by buffalo.  Diggs is definitely a diva and a pain in the ass, but Allen was nearing bust status before they traded for Diggs.  They still need a number 1 wr to replace him. 

33 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Huh, so those wierd cryptic tweets by diggs earlier were not all bull**** like everyone said they were

Well, he’s been doing that for almost 3 years lol so they were bound to mean something eventually. Bills had enough I guess

Insane amount of dead cap for a competing team to eat. How can they even do it, don’t they have like $5M in cap space right now? And it’s a $44M accelerated dead cap hit? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Quinn is killing it!

Call me a sentimental sucker but I absolutely love the change your seat thing.

That's how you build  new relationships as opposed to maintaining well established cliques.

This allows people to feel like they're part of something that's deeper and far  more important than individual self interest-- they're becoming a team, in the truest sense of the word.

We haven't had a true team of players brothers willing to sacrifice for the greater good since Gibbs 1.0.

Who would have thought, 2 months ago, that Ben Johnson flaking out and canceling his interview mid-flight was going to end up being a gift from the football gods?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 17
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think everyone has encapsulated the Diggs trade here already. One more thing, it was about as sell high as the Bills could have done. He'll be 31, and his production might be falling off. Could have been other factors, such as played banged up, but as he gets older that'll only happen more frequently. As the season progressed, here are his stats:

image.png.a3d53f2e92aaaec8cd71c7d36f2368f9.png

Clear Yards Per Game, Catch %, and TD drop decline.

image.png.8d157052ed9005f471ae3583ce6d694b.png

The playoffs continued that decline.

He always had 50-70 more targets in Buffalo than the #2 option, but was angry with his lack of targets. Now he's going to Houston that already featured 2 legit options. There's a chance this could be backfire for Houston. If he does revert to his prior self for a season, then Houston gets a steal. CJ Stroud gives them 4 years of contention without the major QB price tag, but a lot of that teams best assets recently are in their 30's. Both of their starting Edge's they're paying a combined $34 million to are 31 and 35 years old. Joe Mixon is getting $9 million, but for a RB that's had 1854 NFL touches in his career that's kind of getting up there. For reference, Zeke lost 1 step around 1400 touches, and then another step around 1900 touches. Alvin Kamara is still good, but he's not the dynamic threat he was, and that drop off happened after 1000 touches. Melvin Gordon's drop off happened around 1750 touches.

Point is, Texans might have just a 1 year immediate contention window with their aging roster despite CJ Stroud being on a rookie deal. It makes sense for them to double down, but there's a lot that could go wrong.

• Like 1

Here's which number each free agent will wear this upcoming season, separated by offense, defense and special teams.

Offense

• QB Marcus Mariota: No. 0
  • WR Oladmide Zaccheaus: No. 14
  • QB Jeff Driskel: No. 16
  • RB Austin Ekeler: No. 30
  • RB Jeremy McNichols: 31
  • C Michael Deiter: No. 60
  • G Nick Allegretti: No. 67
  • C Tyler Biadasz: No. 63

Defense

LB Frankie Luvu: No. 4

LB Dante Fowler Jr.: No. 6

S Jeremy Chinn: No. 11

CB Noah Igbinoghene: No. 19

CB Michael Davis: No. 24

CB James Pierre: No. 29

LB Bobby Wagner: No. 54

LB Anthony Pittman: No. 57

DE Dorance Armstrong: No. 92

DE Clelin Ferrell: No. 99

Special teams

• LS Tyler Ott: No. 69
  • K Brandon McManus: No. 3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I originally put these vids on another thread, but I think it makes more sense for them to be here alongside these quotes.

Todays interviews:

Tress Way presents the special teams perspective..

Daron Payne speaks for the defense.

Interesting that Jonathon Allen isn't  the defense's representative. We know if Rivera was still the coach Allen would definitely be the one doing the talking.

Hmmm...

Sam Cosmi for the offense...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

3 hours ago, oraphus said:

Interesting move by buffalo.  Diggs is definitely a diva and a pain in the ass, but Allen was nearing bust status before they traded for Diggs.  They still need a number 1 wr to replace him. 

They will get it from the draft. Bills ate 30 mill dead cap in that trade. Cant afford to go the vet route. 

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Somehow I missed this one…

I expected better from you CITR. Especially considering how much you getting paid to do this?

• Haha 5

The over/under on how many games before Diggs is in Stroud face crying complaining and then in Bobby Slowiks face doing the same… was this a quality move for a 2nd yr QB who is easy temptered and by all signs non emotional in a bad way…time will tell

Diggs is a addition by subtraction imho

Edited by Command The 414

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

That’s why i appreciate Terry so much, 1b wideout but a true pro and locker room leader, he’ll be great for the rookie QB. Just need a guy to take the top off of defenses so you can’t double Terry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Diggs is a lot of baggage. Houston got screwed.

Thoughts on if Washington went after Aiyuk? Couple mid-round picks and Dotson? I'd do it.

Nah, I still think Dotson has tons of potential, especially in the slot with a coach that knows how to calls plays and set up a defense. I’d rather get a burner to pair with Terry and I believe this draft is deep at wideout of all shapes and sizes. I trust Peter’s to find another Aiyuk, if that’s what Kingsbury want, his track record demonstrates this ability to draft receivers …

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I think my point stands Fromm ain’t enough

For a camp arm and rethinking it, my bad to everyone on this board.  You are correct!  :)  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

There has been quite a few comments in several threads about how quick Houston turned around their franchise and that is true - they deserve a lot of credit.

However, I believe there was a lot of luck involve.  In reality, CJ was the QB Carolina didn't pick.  I'm not sure they are so successful if they ended up with Bryce.  The QB pick is SO important.  Hopefully, next year, the conversation will be how fortunate Washington was that Chicago did not select QB "X"

giphy.gif

:229:The Rook 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Rook said:

There has been quite a few comments in several threads about how quick Houston turned around their franchise and that is true - they deserve a lot of credit.

However, I believe there was a lot of luck involve.  In reality, CJ was the QB Carolina didn't pick.  I'm not sure they are so successful if they ended up with Bryce.  The QB pick is SO important.  Hopefully, next year, the conversation will be how fortunate Washington was that Chicago did not select QB "X"

giphy.gif

:229:The Rook 

Hindsight is 20/20. But I can't remember any conversations after maybe Jan/Feb last year about who would be the #1 pick. Everyone, from media to insiders all had Bryce Young as #1. It was all about his height, hand size, etc. and a lot of the discussion around Stroud was whether or not he would go #2 or fall. Richardson was a riser ala JJ McCarthy and he played really well too, albeit in 1.5 games lol. But QBs going 1-2-3 was not a sure-fire going into the draft last year.

This year's class was stronger going into the college season with Caleb and Maye almost universally being 1a and 1b although, Caleb was always the 1a. 

Daniels is the newcomer. We were talking about him as a mid to late 1st as late as December/January. JJ McCarthy was a R2 guy for most of the off-season until what, like 1 month ago?

I HOPE this isn't a draft where we look back and say "thank god Chicago took x" ... I am really hoping this draft is more like the 2020 draft, where arguably all 3 QBs taken early panned out.

If you told us that we could have either Burrow, Herbert or Tua on a rookie contract coming out of this draft, I think we'd be thrilled. I think there's a real chance 3 of these guys hit, maybe even 4-5 if Penix, McCarthy or Nix deliver. I know the odds of that happening aren't great, but it is a strong class by comparison.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2