Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

or a restructure. 

I'd LOVE to grab him. He should have been DPotY two years ago and he's been one of the best pass rushers in the league since being drafted.

Kingsbury had him at AZ, which didn’t exactly go to plan. Not sure they utilised him that well.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think AP is brilliant, but if you think Reid got over on us before, Howie is the best in the league.

That said, Howie will drain someone, but not AP.

He's worth a first IMO 

Checked in with some Eagle points of view and they split. Some say he's the best player on their D and need him back, others say he is disgruntled and get what you can for him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think AP is brilliant, but if you think Reid got over on us before, Howie is the best in the league.

That said, Howie will drain someone, but not AP.

He's worth a first IMO 

He's only under contract this year. You would need to agree a long term deal with him before making any trade - and he's not worth OUR first.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He's only under contract this year. You would need to agree a long term deal with him before making any trade - and he's not worth OUR first.

No, he's not worth our first.

Howie will fleece someone else. I don't think we'd have a shot at him. I just love the player.

I could still see him staying an Eagles, but he's about to get a huge pay day.

If he gets cut or somehow we get him for a OYD, he'd be insane in Quinns Defense though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

I was expecting one of our own back but thought it would be Leno.  Oh well.  Early draft picks on OTs.  

What’s interesting is that we still only have 3 ‘big’ contracts on the books in reality, Payne, Allen and Mclaurin. 

As an aside, I think we should get Cosmi onto a new deal, 3 years 30mil range. Lock down the full starting interior OL to multi year deals

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Commander202 said:

I’m sure come draft day will draft a right tackle

or lucus at LT wouldn’t be bad he’s always done very well, all honesty wouldn’t mind if he was our guy for just this year . Get a LT next year first round if we decide to ignore it .

At 4 million Lucas isnt going to be our starting LT. He is depth at this point. Thats it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Some insight on the situation with Sneed. First I'm hearing of concerning medicals

Read this, and then consider the fact that Vinny tried to trade two #1s for Ocho Cinco.... and they said no 🤦

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Jeudy got 3 years 58 Million! That is insane for a guy that hasnt proven anything at this point. 

Sports is pretty interesting in that the new team always believes lack of production was because the other team didn’t know how to utilize a player properly and often based on potential rather than production.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Basically gave an A to the biggest name and largest deal this offseason. Felt half assed and lazy

Kinda nice to be under the radar despite having one of the best Free Agency hauls in franchise history. 

Just proof that these talking heads have no clue what's going on.  Makes me want to start a podcast so I can piss in the wind like these donkeys.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, illone said:

Kinda nice to be under the radar despite having one of the best Free Agency hauls in franchise history. 

Just proof that these talking heads have no clue what's going on.  Makes me want to start a podcast so I can piss in the wind like these donkeys.

Well they say they didn;t really like what we did then goes on to say, I like CHinn it's underrated, I like Marcus M, and likes Zach Ertz. Barely mention Bobby Wagner and treat it as an afterthought. Then oh yea I forgot about Austin Eckler, and blah blah.  

Time will tell but I think they did well. This will be a different team and should be much more comparative. 

4 hours ago, Kalu44 said:

Much needed signing. I don't think they are going to sign another LT in free agency, since it took this long just to re-sign one of their own. On to the draft for their next LT, and of course they will keep an eye on roster cuts.

I think DJ Humphries may be a possibility.  He has the connection to KK, and most of our FA have had connections to someone on our staff.   

I think the Yosh / Trent B / Corn signings all happening one after another show that multiple teams were looking at that tier of a bargain type OT, someone who can do the job but isn't viewed as a long term answer. 

I think we needed that situation to sort itself out and sign one of those first before we could sign DJH, because I think Humphries only makes sense if we have a decent temp LT in place while he recovers from the ACL.  If corn can hold down the fort until November, dj can take over.  A back loaded 3-4 year deal would make sense.  Without someone decent as a placeholder, you are throwing in a lesser tier LT into the fire for the rookie QBs debut.  No bueno.  

The fact that they added void years and back loaded some of the bigger contracts shows they still want to spend more money this offseason.  While I hope we take an OT in the 2nd, I think that would be a RT, not a LT.  I'd rather put that cap space to DJH and feel good about LT for a few years.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

What’s interesting is that we still only have 3 ‘big’ contracts on the books in reality, Payne, Allen and Mclaurin. 

As an aside, I think we should get Cosmi onto a new deal, 3 years 30mil range. Lock down the full starting interior OL to multi year deals

Hate to say it, but I think at a minimum he's getting $15m right now per year. If we wait and he has another great year, we're looking at $18-20m APY. The guard market has blown up

23 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So Davis has been described as a depth guy, a reclamation project, or an absolute baller.  Having a hard time understanding just what we got here. 

For the past four years he has gotten starter reps and the two years before that he got 600 to 700 snaps so like 3rd corner snaps. So there is a decent sample size.    During those 6 seasons, his best PFF grade was the 2022 season when he had a 72.7 grade.  His lowest PFF grade was 2021 when he had a 54.0 grade.   So all 6 years he was between a 54 and 72.7.   His natural variation seems to be year where he has good variation he is a mid level starter, an ideal #2 corner.   His weaker seasons he is a low level starter who verges on being quality depth.  If you average out the past 6 years, he averages out to a low level starter.  Maybe what you expect out of your third corner.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, philibusters said:

For the past four years he has gotten starter reps and the two years before that he got 600 to 700 snaps so like 3rd corner snaps. So there is a decent sample size.    During those 6 seasons, his best PFF grade was the 2022 season when he had a 72.7 grade.  His lowest PFF grade was 2021 when he had a 54.0 grade.   So all 6 years he was between a 54 and 72.7.   His natural variation seems to be year where he has good variation he is a mid level starter, an ideal #2 corner.   His weaker seasons he is a low level starter who verges on being quality depth.  If you average out the past 6 years, he averages out to a low level starter.  Maybe what you expect out of your third corner.

Still think we'll draft a CB in the 3rd-5th round range and kick the position down the road a year until we have a better understanding of what Forbes and Martin can bring to the group. If they both improve and are starting NB and CB1 this year and going forward, it becomes less of an impetus to get a top-tier CB next year. Can just keep drafting and developing guys, rather than having to go get a big FA or focus on CB in the 1st round. Would be a nice position to be in.

Plus defensive players seem to want to come play for us, so that's a plus too if we choose to go big in FA next year.

I don't think we go CB too early this year, but I could be wrong.

• Like 2