Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Never liked the Gates signing. Never was good in NY, so what made them think he would be good here we will never know. One of the many dominoes that fell that made Ron lose his job. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah 9 million guaranteed is starter money IMO

Agreed about being signed as a starter with that guarantee. The most questionable singing of the day. Not a ton of playing experience either. FO must have seen something there. Any connections with current coaching staff? Not sure why you wouldn’t just draft a guard in round two. Much cheaper. 

13 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah 9 million guaranteed is starter money IMO

Eh, it really depends on structure.  It’s essentially $5m/year.  Let’s say he has a guaranteed signing bonus and first year salary guaranteed.  That could easily be $9m.  And hes a competent vet who is at worst a good backup so you can project he’ll be around a couple of years. 

We need probably 7 new OL players as starters and depth.  We now have 2.  

15 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Glad we aren’t the jets , the fact they still think Arod is the future is ridiculous . 

I wouldn’t bet against a motivated first ballot HOF player.  If he is healthy, and there’s no reason to think he won’t be, he can still play at an exceptionally high level.  

• Like 2

Re: Allegretti

I wouldn’t trip just off the low snap count. He’s played well every opportunity he’s had. Some guys end up starter caliber in a situation where the opportunity just isn’t there. 

Previous regimes of ours, I wouldn’t trust to make that projection. This one I’ll definitely give benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 2

You gotta have competent backups, and well, fwiw there are few things that can vouch for your competence as a backup more than "spot started in playoff games during multiple Super Bowl runs."

Guy gets a chance to be a starter probably, but at worst he's probably backup at either guard.

If he is a starter, then that's our interior starting OLine done.  Need an LT and RT, but I still expect starting RT to come from one of our 2nd rounders.

12 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

5 million is insurance lineman money. This means they will not have to force anything in the draft. There is nothing wrong with letting a lineman sit a season to learn the nuances.

He's sat for 4 seasons but he's started in two Super Bowls. I don't think he wants to or maybe even needs to sit another season to learn the nuances. Almost nobody on this roster has playoff experience, let alone Super Bowl experience. I think he wants to try starting 17 games a season now.

• Like 2