Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I want safety, TE, CB.  Beyond the positons I mentioned.

But lets protect our rookie QB.  I am tired of the trash O line.

Quinn is a masestro with the D line.  Lets give him some tools to work with on that front and not waste Payne and Allen

And a Mike LB type IMO can change this defense.

Those 3 spots to me are more important. 

As for Patrick Queen, one of my favs before that draft.  Late bloomer of a player.  But he's more of a weakside type.  Similar to Jamin.  they need a middle LB who can call the defense.

We're going 3-4 defense this year?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I want safety, TE, CB.  Beyond the positons I mentioned.

But lets protect our rookie QB.  I am tired of the trash O line.

Quinn is a masestro with the D line.  Lets give him some tools to work with on that front and not waste Payne and Allen

And a Mike LB type IMO can change this defense.

Those 3 spots to me are more important. 

As for Patrick Queen, one of my favs before that draft.  Late bloomer of a player.  But he's more of a weakside type.  Similar to Jamin.  they need a middle LB who can call the defense.

Middle LB is the key signing on D. On O as much as we need a LT I think I'm more interested at who they get at C for the new QB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I'm gonna grab a coors light and watch Kindergarten Ninja.

You don't need to drink but think it through and let Mistro Peters work. :)   Sit back and ride and let him do the driving.  :) 

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Did you know that the television stations in Dubai don’t get the Flintstones but the ones in Abu Dhabi do?

You must have used that one before :ols:

Given the number and quality of players now available at Center and Safety, we should take advantage of what is likely a buy low market. Byard signed a two year deal for 15 million. That seems low to me. After Center and Safety, I'd look for fair prices at linebacker and maybe edge (Dorance Armstrong). If we spend premium money, it would be for a tackle (Onwenu, Williams, Smith). I'm okay with that. Then there's the rest...CB, RB, WR (Reynolds would be my choice), Guard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This tweeter is click bait!

He is click bait. But that tweet is accurate. CBS does say we are going to land Queen for whatever thats worth.

CBS Sports predicts Commanders to land Ravens star LB Patrick Queen

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-predicts-commanders-land-ravens-124636691.html#:~:text=The Washington Commanders have a,of the 2021 NFL draft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, dswerdlw said:

Given the number and quality of players now available at Center and Safety, we should take advantage of what is likely a buy low market. Byard signed a two year deal for 15 million. That seems low to me. After Center and Safety, I'd look for fair prices at linebacker and maybe edge (Dorance Armstrong). If we spend premium money, it would be for a tackle (Onwenu, Williams, Smith). I'm okay with that. Then there's the rest...CB, RB, WR (Reynolds would be my choice), Guard.

I firmly believe we should be all over everything we can in FA. Why not ? This team is devoid of talent in so many areas. We can do that whilst still being responsible against our salary cap. The reputation/pull from the Harris/Peters/Quinn group is at a peak.

And then the draft totally opens up to add the best players who fall to our picks.

I see no reason whatsoever to sit on our hands here. None at all.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He is click bait. But that tweet is accurate. CBS does say we are going to land Queen for whatever thats worth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-predicts-commanders-land-ravens-124636691.html#:~:text=The Washington Commanders have a,of the 2021 NFL draft.

All the article though is about some dude thinks they should sign Queen versus this is a rumor he's hearing.

I'd be surprised if they sign Queen.  That would mean 2 weakside LBs -- Jamin and Queen

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All the article though is about some dude thinks they should sign Queen versus this is a rumor he's hearing.

I'd be surprised if they sign Queen.  That would mean 2 weakside LBs -- Jamin and Queen

I hope they do sign him. Nothing about Jamin's play makes him a lock to stay on this team imo. Queen is a 25 year old player who is ascending. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I know a lot of people weren't hot for this a few days ago, but I'm proudly in the minority should this go down.

I love Jon Allen but a defense needs it's voice and leadership to come from the back 7-- especially the guy manning the middle.

Queen brings attitude, leadership, intensity and enough athleticism to be a 4 down player. Plus he loves to hit.

Be strong up the middle, break the offense apart from the inside out with power, quickness and a whole mess of nastiness.

Make it so!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep, click bait again with CBS.  He copies CBS click bait and then posts it.  CBS is clickbait too!  :) Once they are signed then post it.  

43 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I hope they do sign him. Nothing about Jamin's play makes him a lock to stay on this team imo. Queen is a 25 year old player who is ascending. 

They'd need two LBs then IMO unless we are happy with Barton playing MLB or Mayo.  Because neither Queen or Jamin are natural MLBs -- call defense types.  They are both weakside types.    Queen boomed when the Ravens got R. Smith who is a MLB -Mike type who calls the defense, letting Queen read and react without thinking too much. 

I'd be shocked if they sign Queen.   We don't IMO need two Rocky McIntosh's.   We need our London Fletcher type.

Bobby Wagner, L. David, Al Shaair, Josey Jewell

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I know a lot of people weren't hot for this a few days ago, but I'm proudly in the minority should this go down.

I love Jon Allen but a defense needs it's voice and leadership to come from the back 7-- especially the guy manning the middle.

Queen brings attitude, leadership, intensity and enough athleticism to be a 4 down player. Plus he loves to hit.

Be strong up the middle, break the offense apart from the inside out with power, quickness and a whole mess of nastiness.

Make it so!

I liked Queen before it was cool back before he was drafted.  Am a fan of the player.

But I don't see the fit here.  As a PFF guy explained, Queen doesn't make much sense for this team because he's not a MLB-Mike type, that's what's been missing, not weakside LB.

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Panthers expected to cut veteran C Bradley Bozeman. Could be on our radar.

Gave up 8 sacks last year, not easy to do for a center

• Like 3

I think we sign Biadez and Jonah Williams.  Keim has hinted that a vet center is the priority.  We have nothing at LT and although Williams isn’t elite or anything, he’s basically Leno 2.0 IMO.  After that, we take BPA with our 2nd rounder for either G or RT and Wylie plays the other spot 

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think we sign Biadez and Jonah Williams.  Keim has hinted that a vet center is the priority.  We have nothing at LT and although Williams isn’t elite or anything, he’s basically Leno 2.0 IMO.  After that, we take BPA with our 2nd rounder for either G or RT and Wylie plays the other spot 

I actually think Williams would be an upgrade over Leno. He's only 26 and actually has played fairly well as a LT. He struggled last year because the Bengals moved him to RT after signing Orlando Brown. If we sign him to play LT it'd be a nice boost. Paired with Biadasz and all of a sudden we got somethin brewin at OL.

• Like 1