Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm surprised they're cutting Adams. He'd be a great fit in Macdonald's system playing the same role Hamilton plays.

Not even at his best would Adams fill that role. Adams couldn't handle the coverage responsibilities that Hamilton had. Adams was getting cooked by TE's, there's no way MacDonald would to want to put Adams 1v1 on Travis Kelce like he did with Hamilton. That said, Hamilton while a good blitzer, couldn't pass rush like Adams.

I don't get why the Seahawks traded for a pass rushing Box safety, and then decided to not blitz him after his first year with them. 1 in 10 pass rushes Adam went on resulted in a sack for his first season as a Seahawk. They then decided Adams was better in coverage shells and the like. Maddening.

I think he's kind of cooked now though, doesn't have the change of direction he used to.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Scherff has struggled with the Jags. Rivera actually kinda did the right thing letting him walk.

Woah, woah, woah

This is a triggering statement, please warn me so I can go get my puppy before you go saying stuff like this....

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Time to overpay for Onwenu. Hell, Jonah Williams too 

I’m holding out hope another couple of OT become available, but yep for sure we need to be getting after one of these in FA. Potentially alongside an IOL too.

Then repeat in the draft.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Time to overpay for Onwenu. Hell, Jonah Williams too 

From reading up on comments from Patriots fans, it sounds like Onwenu might be more of a scheme fit with Kliff Kingsbury as our OC. They're moving on from Onwenu because they want more lateral speed and athleticism for their wide zone run game, whereas Kingsbury (someone correct me if I'm wrong) prefers more inside zone stuff, with WR screens stretching the defense laterally instead of the run game.

• Like 1

Had a hell of a season In Baltimore

Ravens G John Simpson

The Ravens led the NFL in rushing last season, and Simpson was right in the middle of the action at guard. He started all 17 regular-season games for Baltimore in 2023.

9 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

What if we sign Chris Jones as a FA and trade Allen for a 2nd?  

I wondered similar, signing Wilkins who Miami haven’t tagged.

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Had a hell of a season In Baltimore

Ravens G John Simpson

The Ravens led the NFL in rushing last season, and Simpson was right in the middle of the action at guard. He started all 17 regular-season games for Baltimore in 2023.

I wondered similar, signing Wilkins who Miami haven’t tagged.

Love Allen but having the extra second in this draft would be great.  Your scenario seems to make more sense.

38 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Curl on twitter throwing dueces.

Saying goodbye to WAS?

If that's what he means, then don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.  I liked Curl, but it seems he and his dad think he is worth a lot more than he really is.  Go chase that (overinflated) pay day and best of luck.  Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

What if we sign Chris Jones as a FA and trade Allen for a 2nd?  

I dont know about signing Jones but send Allen there for KC first number 32 which is almost a 2nd rd pick. Maybe they would take it.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

As usual by the time free agency rolls around all the best talent will be either tagged or re-signed leaving mostly b level players that will get over paid and become cap casualties within 3 years.

This is why the draft is so critical, generally speaking teams know what they have in house and don't often let premium talent walk for nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Hope Peters can display some Bobby Bethard type skills in drafting in the middle and late rounds of this draft as well as shop around for

some free agents who we can get at a reasonable rate.  Sure seems like several teams are dumping safety's who were over paid.

Maybe Peters can find a left tackle who is let go from another team because the last contract was too high.

He noted for that, VSF.  He will. :)  

20 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

🏼 

Appreciated his play but there are other SS in FA and in the draft as good and my thought is two from Dallas could be our first signings.  I think Armstrong is a strong possiblity along with Kearse.  Kearse will not cost as much as Curl as he's a bit older and is as good, IMO.  

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We don't even have 5 people on the O-line, much less any starters. Same can be said of our LB corps of one, DE, SS, TE. It would be crazy to not go little "crazy" in FA. Similar to having the #2 overall pick, having lots of holes while simultaneously having lots of money is a rare opportunity to get things right. And expecting ANY QB to grow/thrive with a terrible O-line is bad mojo. Get that kid (or Howell/whoever) a stud OT and a damn good OG or 2. The Bruce Allen days of  shopping Blue Light Specials need to be over for 2024

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It'll be quantity at a bargain shopping. I could see lots of short 1-2 year deals to fill out the roster while using the draft to build up the core pieces that'll be here long term. And if you get lucky, you hit on  guy that ends up being someone who can last a while. Look at Houston with Dalton Schultz last year for example.

Assuming we're drafting a QB, the priority has to be signing experienced quality OL to make sure the kid can stay upright and thus develop. Beyond that, just get guys who can fill out the roster.

47 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

We don't even have 5 people on the O-line, much less any starters. Same can be said of our LB corps of one, DE, SS, TE. It would be crazy to not go little "crazy" in FA. Similar to having the #2 overall pick, having lots of holes while simultaneously having lots of money is a rare opportunity to get things right. And expecting ANY QB to grow/thrive with a terrible O-line is bad mojo. Get that kid (or Howell/whoever) a stud OT and a damn good OG or 2. The Bruce Allen days of  shopping Blue Light Specials need to be over for 2024

I agree. At the very least we need to sign 2 o-linemen, 1 LB a corner and a safety. We also need a TE, WR and likely a DE. Did I mention long-snapper? Most of this will need to happen in free agency to just field a competitive team while we fill in with the draft to build for the future. If we lose Fuller and Curl we've got to sign some FA's to make up for those losses I would think? Also, if we're not gonna spend decently big then we should just deal Allen and draft his replacement too or sign the best one we can get in free agency. Looking at the division there are opportunities to win some games if we can bolster the roster. The Eagles defense is already putrid and they're about to lose Swift and Fletcher Cox on top of Kelce. They're also letting Hassan Reddick seek a trade. The NYG are no better than us as long as they have Daniel Jones and they'll probably let Barkley walk....that leaves Dallas as the clear front-runner. I expect to see some real free agents coming to town with all the money we have to spend. The fans deserve to see a full commitment to winning sooner than later.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

London Fletcher and Garcon are more than fine with me.  That's not Wallmart shopping

Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 7.31.03 PM.png

Exactly what I thought.  DE Armstrong won't come cheap (I think he signs here) nor will S Kearse (won't cost as much as Curl).  Both from Dallas but know the scheme and immediately upgrade our D, I think.  

• Like 2