Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It's a pretty good guesstimate.

Who's your PR if Crowder is cut...Milne, Allen, Dotson? Meh.

I have a hard time seeing Milne and Allen making the team. I feel like Crowders still in.

Crowder just resigned. He ain't getting cut. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I'm still looking for a OT to trade for or sign after being cut later in the year.

The more I think about it, I leave open the possibility that Leno might still be in their back pocket.  He hasn't signed because he had hip surgery, but it didn't seem major from what it sounds like.  He should be ready to go by training camp. Him or DJ Humphries as one year deal vets, if healthy.  All predicated on how well Coleman looks, I guess, if he's getting first crack at LT, keeping Lucas as the swing.

23 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The more I think about it, I leave open the possibility that Leno might still be in their back pocket.  He hasn't signed because he had hip surgery, but it didn't seem major from what it sounds like.  He should be ready to go by training camp. Him or DJ Humphries as one year deal vets, if healthy.  All predicated on how well Coleman looks, I guess, if he's getting first crack at LT, keeping Lucas as the swing.

Andrus peat was moved back to left tackle last year and looked pretty good.

He might be a decent stop gap for a year.

• Like 1

I think we might consider Micheal Gallup. Never really came back from the injury, but we need either a stud #1 or #2 brought in, or we roll by adding another experience vet in the #3 role. There are several out there still.

Aiyuk clearly the dream in my book too.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Gallup not a bad idea. Probably cheap and looking to reestablish himself. Could do real well here next season.

Oline a major problem still. One of these guys? I guess Humphries if healthy, maybe Becton on prove it deal, and Peat from New Orleans. These guys on oline are not good but we need a vet with alittle talent and experience. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

On 4/24/2024 at 9:35 PM, Conn said:

The fact the Bengals haven’t even attempted to talk contract with Higgins in over a year (which had already been reported a while ago) is such BS from that organization. Not even a good faith effort to keep the guy, they just want to control his rights for a while longer. May as well trade him 

You may think it's bad roster management, but why is it BS?

They aren't interested in giving him a contract - that's their prerogative.  They are perfectly within their right to pickup his 5th year and let him play it out.

Again, seems like trading him for assets somewhere along the way would've been smart.... but that doesn't make it a BS move?

Edited by DiscoBob

3 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

You may think it's bad roster management, but why is it BS?

They aren't interested in giving him a contract - that's their prerogative.  They are perfectly within their right to pickup his 5th year and let him play it out.

Again, seems like trading him for assets somewhere along the way would've been smart.... but that doesn't make it a BS move?

Sure, they’re within their rights. It’s just an extremely Bengals thing to do, to have an AFC Championship game caliber roster and not even attempt to offer an extension to a guy like Higgins for over a year. Not even a peep. Maybe you won’t offer what his agent wants, that’s fair. But I don’t see how it’s good for morale to not even try to bring him back during the window of Burrow’s prime. 

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Sure, they’re within their rights. It’s just an extremely Bengals thing to do, to have an AFC Championship game caliber roster and not even attempt to offer an extension to a guy like Higgins for over a year. Not even a peep. Maybe you won’t offer what his agent wants, that’s fair. But I don’t see how it’s good for morale to not even try to bring him back during the window of Burrow’s prime. 

I'm not a Bengals fan, so I don't follow them closely... but...

- They're gonna pay Burrow a ton

- They're gonna pay Chase a ton

- They probably don't want to hinder their ability to build out a roster by paying Higgins a ton

- Higgins is good, not great

- Higgins probably wants top $$$ (like every FA)

- Trade offers probably aren't great because of the pending contract issue 

This seems like the textbook case where 5th year options / franchise tags get used, and the player doesn't like it 🤷

As an outsider, I don't see this as "Bengals doing Bengally things"

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

- They probably don't want to hinder their ability to build out a roster by paying Higgins a ton

This seems like the textbook case where 5th year options / franchise tags get used, and the player doesn't like it 🤷

Exactly, tee Higgins is good but he's not jefferson or lamb level elite.

The Bengals situation is sort of like ours was with our defensive line, they have to pay chase and burrow and the money is just not there to pay a good receiver elite money when the funds have to be spread around.

• Thanks 1

I think you can develop a younger returner from what they have.

I bet Luke could do it.

I just don't feel Crowder does enough to justify a roster spot just based on his punt returning

56 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

This is probably fair tbh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, MrJL said:

so, how soon are we hoping to see the Commanders back to signing vets?

Wave 3 of free agency is already happening. Eagles signed that OL. They are talking to agents again. Also looking at team who might be about to release some players in positions we want because they drafted his replacement and he's making too much for them. 

7 hours ago, Conn said:

Bengals are still a trash organization that happened to finally homerun hit on a franchise QB.

Gb OT will not sign here, probably a contender if at all ?

Humphries from AZ is injured but would fit well if healthy but got hurt [acl] on new years eve cant play till?

Peat from New Orleans is option?.He older 

Bring back Leno? I think he just had major surgery?

They have to do something? I just don't understand why this does not seem to be a priority? 

Edited by Redskins 2021

12 hours ago, DWinzit said:

It's a pretty good guesstimate.

Who's your PR if Crowder is cut...Milne, Allen, Dotson? Meh.

I have a hard time seeing Milne and Allen making the team. I feel like Crowders still in.

Could be Kaz Allen, but gut says they keep Crowder instead of Milne

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Crowder just resigned. He ain't getting cut. 

I am actually looking forward to watching Crowder do his thing with the new kick off rules. If they dont get a hand on him HE IS GONE. 

• Like 1