Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

OT · Age: 27

Left tackle is Jones' best position, but with Laremy Tunsillocked in at that spot in Houston, Jones saw limited snaps last year. Jones is a terrific high-ceiling target for a team looking for options.

You are betting on traits and potential with Jones. He’s not shown that translate so far in the NFL. 

For the right contract though he’s worth investing time in, but it’s a big projection if you bring him in as your presumed starter at LT.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, MrJL said:

the stuff I heard said that only two day 1 LTs would be gone in the top ten, with the rest needing some development or being day 1 RTs.  Although with people saying things like Denver's 12th pick won't be high enough to get one of the tier 2 QBs, McCarthy, Nix, Penix, MHJ and nabors considered top 10 worthy and some defensive players surely being in there, some people have to drop

The conventional wisdom seems to be run on QBs and offensive players (OL/WR) early and an offensive heavy first round overall. Some very good defensive players could slide into the top of the 2nd. Issue for us is we need help on the offensive side of the ball in that range.

Then again we have needs nearly everywhere.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You are betting on traits and potential with Jones. He’s not shown that translate so far in the NFL. 

For the right contract though he’s worth investing time in, but it’s a big projection if you bring him in as your presumed starter at LT.

No chance I’d bring him in as starting LT. But he’s a better OT prospect than we currently have on the roster IMO.

Just now, Commander202 said:

At this point just sign Hollywood Brown lol. 

I think he’s spoken for.

• Like 1

I'm scared and starting to get the shakes. No shivers yet thank goodness.

My fear is that if we don't sign or trade for a solid vet LT and decude to rely on some mid to late first round rookie is that we run the risk of "Ramseying" our new q.b.

Somebody please talk me off the ledge...

--shakes and shivers--

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Maybe we’re picking a Leftie for QB therefore we know we’ll get a RT in the draft no problem as well…

You just gave me another great idea!

I recently watched some film of a play where Maye threw a td with his left hand.

If we can't get a left tackle before the draft we just surprise the world by having Maye secretly practice his left hand throwing during training camp while no one's around.

Then we send him out their game one ready to throw darts all over the field left handed.

The defense will have to call timeout. They won't know what to do!

Anybody got Kliff Kingsbury's number?

Sometimes even I am shocked by how brilliant I am!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I recently watched some film of a play where Maye threw a td with his left hand.

I know exactly the throw you’re talking about. One of my least favorite plays and it’s in all of his highlight videos. I hate when he gets all cutesy like that. He needs to stay in his lane and do what he does best. Not pretend that he can make those magical Mahomes plays.

• Thumb up 1

They will sign a CB Vet, as there are just too many options out there still. The price will come down and then they'll strike. As for LT, it's looking like we are drafting our Starter, barring a trade. Kind of scary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I know exactly the throw you’re talking about. One of my least favorite plays and it’s in all of his highlight videos. I hate when he gets all cutesy like that. He needs to stay in his lane and do what he does best. Not pretend that he can make those magical Mahomes plays.

But… can’t he?  I hear you though.  It’s like when one of my kids would race through the grocery standing on the back of the shopping cart with their brother in the seat.  Super cool and satisfying…until it goes wrong.

(Don’t judge me)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm scared and starting to get the shakes. No shivers yet thank goodness.

My fear is that if we don't sign or trade for a solid vet LT and decude to rely on some mid to late first round rookie is that we run the risk of "Ramseying" our new q.b.

Somebody please talk me off the ledge...

--shakes and shivers--

I would argue there are 4-5 tackles in this draft I’d prefer starting than anything left in free agency. There are probably only 20 starting caliber left tackles in the league right now. I personally believe that is why scoring was down last year. Line play was horrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quandre Diggs -USA TODAY Sports

Diggs, a nine-year veteran, was released this offseason by the Seahawks. A three-time Pro Bowler, Diggs has 24 career interceptions. He was drafted by the Lions when new Washington assistant GM Lance Newmark was in Detroit. He also has ties to new Commanders linebacker coach Ken Norton Jr. He is 31 but has only missed 10 games in nine seasons.

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Burks is who Mahomes picked on when Greenlaw tore his achilles in the Super Bowl. Not his fault, but if that doesn't happen, 9ers may have a ring.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Diggs is trending on twitter with his wierd cryptic posts. Think there’s some bad blood there and bills are in a position to draft a receiver at the end of the first. Would be pretty crazy to orchestrate a trade for him

As for Stephon Diggs….

18.5mil 2024 salary fully guarantees 03/17/2024

• Like 1