Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

I wonder if teams are just waiting for financial expectations to come down for Tyron Smith, or if his medicals are worse than we thought and there will be a longer delay before he signs, or maybe even does not. 

I think at this point, we really should sign T Smith. Even if he misses 5 games, that gives us a much better chance to protect and develop our rookie QB while we develop an OT.

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

I wonder if teams are just waiting for financial expectations to come down for Tyron Smith, or if his medicals are worse than we thought and there will be a longer delay before he signs, or maybe even does not. 

I think at this point, we really should sign T Smith. Even if he misses 5 games, that gives us a much better chance to protect and develop our rookie QB while we develop an OT.

He's missed like 33 games over the last 4 years. Which is on avg half the games every season. Rather sign Donovan smith who doesn't have the extensive injury history. 

Is Josh Jones still available? Even if we are planning to draft a few OT, I think it still makes sense to sign at least one Vet LT. Worst case, you can flip him to RT if Wylie underperforms again.

I think Wylie's play will improve.

Just a hunch, plus he did play better before Rivera and company got ahold of him.

better coaching = better outcomes.

or one would hope...

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I have seen some stuff on Twitter about us talking to the Chargers about Herbert. I havent posted any of it because none of it has been from anyone I would consider reputable. 

I never thought of that senerio. Trading the #2 pick straight up for Herbert. Hmmmmm at least something to think about. I think it would make us at least contenders to win the NFC. Signa LT and Mike Williams and wooooo weeeeeee. 

Edited by HoggLife
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I never thought of that generic. Trading the #2 pick straight up for Herbert. Hmmmmm at least something to think about. I think it would make us at least contenders to win the NFC. Signa LT and Mike Williams and wooooo weeeeeee. 

Didn't Mike Williams go to KC?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Love having another 3rd but would have thought we could get more for Sam than that.  I guess this tells us what the league, Peters and the new coaching staff think of him.  

Im starting to think they are going to stay at #2 and take a QB lol

An unopened pack of cards with the possibility of pulling a 1st day, autographed, platinum leaf-bordered, number-embossed rated rookie, 1st or 2nd round draft pick card is worth so much more than a third-year future potential top-10 starter card.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I never thought of that generic. Trading the #2 pick straight up for Herbert. Hmmmmm at least something to think about. I think it would make us at least contenders to win the NFC. Signa LT and Mike Williams and wooooo weeeeeee. 

If Harbaugh trades Justin Herbert so he can draft McCarthy at #2 overall Congress will need to investigate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

That sounds... interesting...

I'm missing something... Pickett doesn't want to be Wilson's backup for a year so he chooses to be a backup somewhere else that is tied to their starter for several years? What's the logic there?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm missing something... Pickett doesn't want to be Wilson's backup for a year so he chooses to be a backup somewhere else that is tied to their starter for several years? What's the logic there?

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

This makes no sense. Pickett has a better chance of seeing action behind Wilson then he does behind Hurts. 

Just a guess. But we all know Russ can be ummmm difficult. Moving Pickett may have been a promise made to land him. 

12 hours ago, RVAskins said:

This makes no sense.

After Hurts will make a close scare encounter with our brand new D, the Figgles will need Pickett ;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1