Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

8 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Sure and he is literally a coach on the field. I do not dislike the signing. Hell Ray Lewis was a step slow in Ravens 2012 Super Bowl season. I watched a few Seahawks games last year and noticed he was not Bobby Wagner 2015-not many are.

The coach on the field to me is the operative point.  We aren't used to the concept.  Last time we had that in a big way was London Fletcher.

I've talked about this for years on and off.  But I recall going to a Giants-Redskkins game in NY and was basically just watching London on defense and it was blast to see him shift teammates around presnap, study the QB, and talk to teammates presnap -- I recall among other things he kept shfting the positon of the SS, which Doughtly in that game.

I recall Straham for example attribute his best seasons to Antonio Pierce because of how he would telegraph to him what's coming.

• Like 5

Just now, Going Commando said:

Still need to strengthen the interior of the DL, but Wagner is a great addition.  We need his leadership.

Among others here, I've been craving a stud Mike who can call a defense.  Wagner is only one year older than London was when he came here.    London IMO was a great player but he helped everyone on that defense.   We have lacked that since London left.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Based on what we've done in free agency I wouldn't be surprised at all if we trade back into the first round to grab our LT of the future.

I think it’s looking more possible we pair up a couple of picks and trade up to get a LT

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Based on what we've done in free agency I wouldn't be surprised at all if we trade back into the first round to grab our LT of the future.

Thnking the same thing.    Wonder about Fashanu he's been dropping in mocks.  His small hands among other things hasn't helped his stock.  If he drops into the teens wonder if they try to pounce.  Fautanu, maybe Mims.  Or late in the first Morgan or Barton.  They might not chance to see who drops to the 2nd.   

• Like 2

Very happy with our FA moves so far. Looks like we’ll be hoping the defense keeps us in games for our young QB. I’d still like to see another OL signing!

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Among others here, I've been craving a stud Mike who can call a defense.  Wagner is only one year older than London was when he came here.    London IMO was a great player but he helped everyone on that defense.   We have lacked that since London left.

I think Wagner is going to be great next year, and I'm surprised he chose us over teams with a better path to the postseason.  He's exactly the kind of player our defense needed--what we hoped we were going to get from Thomas Davis and never did.  I don't know if we'll get more than one year from him, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I think it’s looking more possible we pair up a couple of picks and trade up to get a LT

I’m still thinking we land a starting tackle in FA, and still possibly trade back into the 1st for another. We need 2 tackles, we’ve lost 2 tackles, and even though I’m not as down on Wylie as some, id still like an upgrade over him

Wagner as personal coach/mentor to Jamin might be the best way to get him to reach his potential.  I can see Wagner transitioning into a coaching role after he's done.  Would love to see him working under DQ to get the most out of our LBs.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

resetting the culture

This is what ALL of these signings on defense are about. Poor play and stupid mistakes will no longer be tolerated. I like the Wagner signing. But not really understanding where the rest of the tweeners we signed fit now. I thought Luvu was going to be the Mike. And he wore the green dot last season. Just need to understand the plan here?

• Like 2

They’ve now put 3 players intimately familiar with Quinn and somewhat familiar with Whitt into the D-line room and the linebacker room. Wonder if they’ll get a db too, lol. That being said, they’re putting smart well educated players into the classrooms. Wagner is a leader on and off the field. Great signing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Wagner also signals a little win now mode. Everyone else was the 26 year old build for the future guy.

Not ertz

Or even ekeler really. 

Edited by redskinss

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Meh on Crowder. 

As a 4th/5th WR on the depth chart and on teams, I think its a very smart signing. Vet presence and we definitely aren't breaking the bank for his services.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Holy crap Bobby Wagner actually came here? And only a 1 year deal too. That's incredible.

We've suddenly become one of the franchises players actually want to play for and not just for a paycheck either.

• Like 7