Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Butler might just be late to his cut, like he is to every deep pass. I hope he doesn't take a bad angle out the door.

Reaves is also basically just a special teamer. Chinn isn't an every down safety, his coverage issues require more of that in the box or LB label. Maybe they can figure out how to make him more like Kearse was in Dallas. Regardless, the floor and ceiling for our safety group is so wide we can't know what to expect.

Just now, DiscoBob said:

Why do y'all want Williams.... he's always hurt 🤷‍♂️

true but all he would need to do is be on the field run a few routes and catch 2-3 balls a game and his shear presence on the field will help McLaurin & Dotson across the middle and Ertz too… but that’s the key he needs to be in the field 

Just now, Command The 414 said:

true but all he would need to do is be on the field run a few routes and catch 2-3 balls a game and his shear presence on the field will help McLaurin & Dotson across the middle and Ertz too… but that’s the key he needs to be in the field 

And how much are u willing to pay for a guy who’s going to catch 30 passes? I don’t think this is a realistic expectation…

• Like 1

Williams is a chain moving, run blocking monster. He doesn't need to be a field stretcher. He's been healthy most of his career and has to be game planned against, which opens Terry up and gets him on the second CB and able toi move around more. 

Williams would be an excellent XWR for a rookie QB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Draft seems so stacked at WR I'd rather draft one.

Still pinning for some Tackles.

It wouldn’t really prevent them from still drafting a WR, especially depending on the round.  It would also allow them to spend draft picks early on for OL (as expected anyway).    

Edited by DCtoCali
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Williams is a chain moving, run blocking monster. He doesn't need to be a field stretcher. He's been healthy most of his career and has to be game planned against, which opens Terry up and gets him on the second CB and able toi move around more. 

Not to mention, he can play outside or in the slot which allows Kingsbury to line up Jahan wherever he'll be most successful. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Agreed but I'm concern about his injuries. Ankles grade 1 to 3 in 2022, and torn ACL last year.

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Draft seems so stacked at WR I'd rather draft one.

Still pinning for some Tackles.

After MHJ and Odunze, there aren't any big X receiver prospects outside of Coleman (who has separation concerns) and Legette (who is 6-1 and raw)

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Just last year and end of '22, right? He seemed to have been pretty durable prior to that.

He missed games from 2018-2023... and there were a number of games "played" where he barely played.  I'm going from memory as a Mike Williams owner in fantasy football, so just my perception!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know we signed Ertz but I'm still concerned about TE, it's been an area of weakness for a couple of years. Here's hoping that GMAP has his eyes on a good prospect and/or finds a hidden gem in the draft.

That said, very much looking forward to watching Peters go to work this draft, his first calling all the shots. Gotta expect TE at some point and possibly a late round project QB.