Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

21 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I would absolutely take Chase Young on a cheap, one year prove it type deal and use him as a situational pass rusher.

Not me....he doesn't fit the work ethic we're gonna establish here. After seeing him quit on the play in the NFC Championship game I don't know any team that would be wise to sign him. He needs to go to the Mike Singletary attitude adjustment camp for a year.

• Like 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Exactly right now LT and Cb are code red but other needs IMO aren’t as dire 

Options at OT, RT or LT have been mentioned.  Smith is elite but often injured so I'd take him off the list but let's see what Peters and Co. do. I like Jonah from Cincy and Josh Jones who played for Houston last year. 

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

Why no Chase Young? He could replace Tuddy as our goodwill ambassador. He gives out great hugs to opponents every snap.

Tuddy is currently as Phidarian Mathis on the roster

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

OTC has the Armstrong, Ekeler and Allegretti deals on the books.

Cap hits ('24, '25, '26)

Armstrong:$4.9m - $9.8m - $12.3m

Allegretti:$3.6m, $4.5m, $8m

Ekeler: $3.2m, $5.1m, ----

If Armstrong's hit is $4.9m in 2024, I would expect Luvu to be in the range of $5-6m. We know McManus is $3.5m. Ertz around $3m, Biadiasz is probably around $5m as well.

Armstrong: $4.9m

Biadiasz: $5m

Luvu: $6m

Allegretti: $3.6m

Ekeler: $3.2m

Ertz: $3m

McManus: $3.5m

Total: $29.2m

We've got about $60m remaining. Less our draft capital, that's still $46m to spend. And that can go a LONG way with how these are structured.

You’re in your ****ing BAG this time of year man. Always appreciate your salary cap breakdowns and contract posts 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Easy pass on the traveling Chase Young road show. Let some other team deal with that headache.

He's just not a DQ type guy.

I'm  not paying good money for this kind of effort...

The one thing you can't teach or learn is "want to".

It's something you have deep inside that drives you and for whatever reason Chase no longer has it.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5

Just now, Twelfth man said:

I was just hoping Wylie could be our starting LG, and get another player to play RT.

Wylie get's cut in 2025.  From Spotrac:  POTENTIAL OUT: 2025, 2 YR, $16,250,000; $2,666,668 DEAD CAP

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Not me....he doesn't fit the work ethic we're gonna establish here. After seeing him quit on the play in the NFC Championship game I don't know any team that would be wise to sign him. He needs to go to the Mike Singletary attitude adjustment camp for a year.

He is going to be a cowboy you heard it here first. 

• Like 1

Up to now, I wanted no part of Chase Young.  With Ferrell in the fold though, I think I’d be ok bringing Chase in on a cheap, 1 year deal letting him sub in for Ferrell as a situational rusher (ala Clowney over the past few years).  Takes the leadership/culture/tone-setting off his plate - let him deal with humbling himself as he works to earn a long term contract (elsewhere, lol).

• Thumb down 2

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Easy pass on the traveling Chase Young road show. Let some other team deal with that headache.

He's just not a DQ type guy.

I'm just not paying good money for this kind of effort...

The one thing you can't teach or learn is "want to".

It's something you have deep inside that drives you and for whatever reason Chase no longer has it.

DL Coach Tapp has to be pushing Adam for Ferrell too and Adam knows his desire to play hard and is good against the run.  Plus he reunites with another Clemson lineman.  Good pickup.  :)  

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Up to now, I wanted no part of Chase Young.  With Ferrell in the fold though, I think I’d be ok bringing Chase in on a cheap, 1 year deal letting him sub in for Ferrell as a situational rusher (ala Clowney over the past few years).  Takes the leadership/culture/tone-setting off his plate - let him deal with humbling himself as he works to earn a long term contract (elsewhere, lol).

one of the beat guys forgetting whom said they heard zero chance for chase to return 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, ultravin said:

Still have plenty of cap room!  Sitting close to 70 mill still.  I say save at least 40 mill to rollover for next year.  

I'm not sure holding that much back works for the cap mimimum