Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

1 minute ago, Rocket442Olds said:

I know they’re not the same player but if you all remember the game in Buffalo with Haskins vs Allen, Josh Allen looked quite bad for over a whole season during that year, really two full ones before he turned into a good QB. 

I lived in Buffalo at that time and nearly the whole fan base was ready to move on from Allen. 

I see a lot of the same with Howell as far as how he’s played so far his career. 

I’m not fully in either camp with sticking with Howell or drafting a QB round 1, but sometimes it does take a couple years of playing. 

Kinda hard to compare Allen's trajectory to sams. Allen was a first rounder with unbelievable traits, and really was when it would click, not if

1 minute ago, Rocket442Olds said:

I know they’re not the same player but if you all remember the game in Buffalo with Haskins vs Allen, Josh Allen looked quite bad for over a whole season during that year, really two full ones before he turned into a good QB. 

I lived in Buffalo at that time and nearly the whole fan base was ready to move on from Allen. 

I see a lot of the same with Howell as far as how he’s played so far his career. 

I’m not fully in either camp with sticking with Howell or drafting a QB round 1, but sometimes it does take a couple years of playing. 

But Josh Allen has prototypical size, athleticism and arm strength.  

That buys you more time to develop.  Because your ceiling is HOF. 

Sam doesn’t have those traits, so he won’t get the development time.  

Just now, mac8887 said:

Kinda hard to compare Allen's trajectory to sams. Allen was a first rounder with unbelievable traits, and really was when it would click, not if

That’s not entirely true.  Plenty of first round picks with incredible traits, it never clicked.

But you get more leeway when you have those traits.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, davo said:

Sam could play well with that amount of time to throw , tough to evaluate him properly.

Sam has had plenty of time to throw today and has made some great plays. The problem with him is he rarely makes enough great plays or he makes to many mistakes to overcome with great plays

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

We all need to remember it's an illusion, or at least a random aberration,  we get every season...like when we beat tom Brady and pats with the under center....fools gold

Hopefully we're headed for the real thing starting this off season 

Idk, not hard to see the back of this magic trick and how it works.

SF doesn't have a QB on level of any of the young stars in the AFC, no one in the NFC does.  Teams get humanized really fast when their QB is inconsistent, ask Fallas.

We are wasting this are of not needing an elite QB in NFC right now and teams like SF are supposed to be built for it, I don't expect it to stay after this drive, but it was close for up to this point.

If we tried to stabilize the defense after Bears game by firing JDR then, being inconsistent wouldn't of been that bad compared to just bad.