Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Frank Wycheck

spjunkies

I was a big fan of us drafting him. He was to be used as a Terry Orr style H-back. He had such good hands and ability to get open even though he didn't have a ton of speed.

Norvulous screwed him up when he was hired. He tried changing him to a straight up FB which he wasn't about. He beefed up and got caught using steroids while beefing up so got suspended. If I recall he ended out with a couple concussions trying to lead block for Norv. He later left and was used correctly by Tennessee. 

RIP!

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

RIP. Really sad. He was a Skin at one point but we let him walk along with a lot of other talent

Terrible coaching did not help him either but I am glad he went on to a have better career with the Titans with better coaching, rest in peace Frank

Edited by KWilliamsAWinfield
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Turtle legend and a terrific pro that should’ve been a Redskin his whole career.

RIP

Norv tried to convert him to fullback and he ended up getting suspended for steroids. Norv sucked. 

Apparently he fell and hit head at home and died. Way too young. RIP.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I was a big fan of us drafting him. He was to be used as a Terry Orr style H-back. He had such good hands and ability to get open even though he didn't have a ton of speed.

Norvulous screwed him up when he was hired. He tried changing him to a straight up FB which he wasn't about. He beefed up and got caught using steroids while beefing up so got suspended. If I recall he ended out with a couple concussions trying to lead block for Norv. He later left and was used correctly by Tennessee. 

RIP!

First off thoughts with his family and respect to them. I remember the short time he was with us he made a couple of plays that made us ask, who is this guy? At least he was able to have a career, not get it shut down by us completely. It was interesting seeing young Redskins fans react to Washington's support of his passing and learning we drafted him.. I wanted to tell them, you know we also drafted Keenan McCardell in '91.

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 5:57 AM, Playaction2Sanders said:

First off thoughts with his family and respect to them. I remember the short time he was with us he made a couple of plays that made us ask, who is this guy? At least he was able to have a career, not get it shut down by us completely. It was interesting seeing young Redskins fans react to Washington's support of his passing and learning we drafted him.. I wanted to tell them, you know we also drafted Keenan McCardell in '91.

If I am not mistaking we included him on a list of players each team had to make for the new franchise for Houston and may have been a QB at Md? Keenan McCardell was plucked off our practice squad when the Posse was still in tack and getting older, Gibbs was pissed. 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Good ol' Norvo the Clown cut Wychek, Rich Gannon, and Keenan McCardell to make room for Heath Shuler and Alvin Harper. Pure genius...

I was at the training camp in '91 and even with the Posse, it was clear that McCardell was very talented and already looked like he belonged on an NFL field. So much so that I always remembered who he was and didn't understand why we let him escape when it was obvious the Posse were on their way out in the next 2 or so years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1