Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Can you at least elaborate on what you think about the offensive line in the thread?

I think us vs. The Jets has potential to be an excellent match up... Their O vs. Our D should be a battle for the ages.

I think their D is going to obliterate us, though. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I honestly have not watch the game yet. I think I will do that later tonight. But maybe not. I was officiating a swim meet. But when I popped open the stats, this one jumped out at me very quickly. Seemed kind of odd.

If you watch after dinner, let your food settle so you don't get sick.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That is certainly true. They still scored a TD while trying to run out the clock. 

Dolphins did all they could do to run out the clock.  Not many early games end before 4 pm.  I think this was over around 3:50 or so. (Of course, it was really over in the first half).

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Tbh Gruden can shut up as well. He was part of building the problem here, not the solution.

He got a raw deal under Snyder—though without Allen who knows if he even gets a HC job, so I’m not gonna act like he’s the victim, certainly. 

Still, he’s right that this grand idea that Rivera at least “changed the culture” is a joke. I’ve been arguing it for a while now. We’re almost worst than ever on the football side, and he didn’t have a hand in cleaning up the business side, which would have been mandated by the league if Snyder didn’t attempt to get out in front of it anyways. 

So what Rivera did in regards to “culture” was basically answer a lot of annoying questions about the Snyder scandals, and lead his team to mediocrity at best while Snyder self-destructed and the slow-motion ownership change eventually happened. 

But he didn’t change the culture at all. I agree with you that Gruden probably shouldn’t be the one to gloat about it—but I see where his pettiness comes from. He did a better job than Rivera in a worse, more toxic situation with less support, less power and less control over his own destiny. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree. But what’s wild is Ron has a chance to have a worst winning percentage here than Jay did. If my math is right if Ron loses out his winning percentage ends up slightly worse 

Not only that but Jay's rosters were far better than the clownshow Rivera has put on the field. Jay should have gotten more out of those rosters. But they were lightyears more talented than this crap.

• Like 1

Is there any real reason this stuff happens to us on repeat? It's a clown show.

Seriously. This team should file for bankruptcy, fire/release everyone, move into a warehouse and Harris and Shen can start from literal scratch. I guarantee next year we'd be more competitive. 

• Like 1

I disagree with Grudes - RR did improve the culture.  The horrible DS culture.  What he did not do is draft well/bring in quality talent.  So, he did not improve the winning culture.

Two different things IMO.  Under Dan we had both a losing culture and a bad work environment.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Is there any real reason this stuff happens to us on repeat? It's a clown show.

Seriously. This team should file for bankruptcy, fire/release everyone, move into a warehouse and Harris and Shen can start from literal scratch. I guarantee next year we'd be more competitive. 

Virtual expansion team

Just now, Fred Jones said:

I disagree with Grudes - RR did improve the culture.  The horrible DS culture.  What he did not do is draft well/bring in quality talent.  So, he did not improve the winning culture.

Two different things IMO.  Under Dan we had both a losing culture and a bad work environment.

Ron is a nice guy with high character so he represented the team well juxtaposed to Dan.

He definitely didn’t build IMO a winning culture or one of accountability 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

This Jets QB has no accuracy at all.  They have the Jets game on Fox before the big game

Boyle is—no joke—statistically one of the very worst college quarterbacks to ever see significant playing time at a school you’ve heard of. He was horrific and if it wasn’t for his height and (useless) arm strength he wouldn’t have even gotten a NFL camp invite. But then he befriended Rodgers and that was that. One of the more disgusting and random examples of nepotism in the league right now, and embarrassingly for the Jets, they keep playing him. 

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

I'm not sure how "losing culture" can be considered as "good work environment" for a Pro Sport franchise...

seriously-let.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Fred Jones said:

I don’t understand how a head football coach can improve culture when the issue with the culture is related to sexual harassment and financial infidelities that didn’t involve football people. Meanwhile he had a trainer involved with a DEA scandal and a first round pick on the verge of literal jail time and still playing every week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am good with taking 3 O lineman in the first 3 rounds heck maybe 4 

If Sam is the future for the new GM I am going blue chipper at 4-5 and doubling up at OL in the second. If the blue chippers are gone. I am going OT at 4-5 and BPA in the second. I have never seen a team that needs BPA more than this one. This roster is a steaming pile of horse ****. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

I agree that RR did improve the culture but his drafting was awful and he assembled a horrible coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

The Jets are doing their best to screw up their games lately, so maybe they can continue it when they play us. 

The Jets are just flat out inept on offense, like criminally inept. They’ll get Rogers back by the time they play us and hang 42 on Ron. 🤣

• Thanks 1