Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Conn said:

We can thank him for helping save ES (to this point) and send him on his way. 🫡 

I completely forgot about that.

It's hard to believe, but nevertheless true, that had it not been for the strong vociferous defense of this forum, when we desperately needed it most, by Jason Wright, this place would have become the internet equivalent of a forgotten ghost town, closed and boarded up forever, with only the sound of wind howling and the occasional aimlessly rolling tumbleweed left behind, to mark that anyone was ever here.

He does deserve our gratitude for that decision, if nothing else.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6

Everyone involved in the rebrand seems to be gone. All that history leaving the building. How will we ever get someone as talented as Tanya to design the uniforms or Jason to be so creative to repurpose the mannequins into a Sean Taylor tribute?

His placement of port a potties was second to none. You don’t just replace a skillset like that without scouring the earth for replacement talent. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

He'll never be hired as a team prez or GM by any other organization. Just not qualified. And all the lieutenants he hired under him had never held those kinds of positions before, which helped to mask his own incompetence as running that side of a franchise's operations.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

It looks like Jason is leaving at the end of the 2024 season, so he'll be here a bit longer. It also sounds like it was his decision to leave.

He’s been downgraded to a “senior advisor” title and is no longer President effective immediately, and will transition out by the end of the season, yes. That’s letting someone leave gracefully who you would otherwise fire. If it was his decision to leave he would have just taken another job while he was still the President. He tried to get the GB CEO job, and didn’t, because he knew this was coming. Wright is probably fine with it because he probably knew it was coming for a long time, but this is absolutely Josh Harris’s decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Is Bob Myers still involved with the team?

Perhaps, they're moving Wright out to create a permanent position for Myers. 

Meyers had a lot to do with getting Peters here, but I've seen him on NBA shows and I doubt he's coming here although I wouldn't be opposed to him coming here

• Thanks 1

When a person resigns, don't most big name orgs cut the cord and say thanks, write them a fat check and move on? A resignation is better than nothing but 8 more months of questionable decisions will be painful unless we are winning ON the field.

If the site vanishes lets all meet up on Reddit to regroup when his saved company credit card inevitably gets rejected. 

For posterity

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

When a person resigns, don't most big name orgs cut the cord and say thanks, write them a fat check and move on? A resignation is better than nothing but 8 more months of questionable decisions will be painful unless we are winning ON the field.

If the site vanishes lets all meet up on Reddit to regroup when his saved company credit card inevitably gets rejected. 

For posterity

There won’t be 8 more months of decisions, he’s no longer the President. He’s a senior advisor now, he’s not making any decisions (and probably wasn’t for the past year either). 

When you push someone into the background like that with a predetermined end date, that’s basically severance and a grace period to find a new gig.

It would be nice if we could get in touch with someone from the team to figure out how Wright saved ES though. If he really paid for the servers or whatever out of his own pocket (or was willing to but didn’t need to) then we’ll need a plan B going forward. Or at least we’ll need someone who’s currently with the team to have the site on their docket. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm in the minority when I say Jason didn't do that bad a job

He pulled up to the ES tailgate once in his Mercedes and talked to us all. Nice guy. Just got pinned as the scapegoat for much of Dan's ****. So sad.

I agree with this. It upsets me a bit to see people hate on Wright for things that have been a calling card of Dan Snyder for 25 years. Let's remind everyone it's only been a few months since another team legend, Darrell Green has been welcomed by the franchise. Dan Snyder botched everything.

Now he could be justifiably fired for other stuff maybe, but blaming him for Dan Snyder **** up #102 seems like trying to shift blame away from Snyder...and I don't want to ever give Snyder the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I agree with this. It upsets me a bit to see people hate on Wright for things that have been a calling card of Dan Snyder for 25 years. Let's remind everyone it's only been a few months since another team legend, Darrell Green has been welcomed by the franchise. Dan Snyder botched everything.

Now he could be justifiably fired for other stuff maybe, but blaming him for Dan Snyder **** up #102 seems like trying to shift blame away from Snyder...and I don't want to ever give Snyder the benefit of the doubt.

Jason openly lied to the fans. Outright lies. Bruce Allen always qualified his statements.

Jason was always a complete fraud. All talk and zero substance. Good riddance. This new ownership group is not screwing around. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason openly lied to the fans. Outright lies.

The line of bull**** he tried to run about the super bowl years on the seal being correct...when they were very clearly wrong...was just ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

55 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think he gets a lot of **** for the name and the rollout. If this hadn't happened under his tenure, the hate would definitely be less

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Naaa it was dude. 

It wasn't Snyder that botched the rebranding.

The not knowing the year the Franchise won its Superbowls.

Making the wrong patch.

Botched the Sean Taylor jersey retirement. 

Most importantly, under his watch, the Franchise was ranked by the players as having the worst working conditions in the league, and the team he ran was ranked at the bottom of the league. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Most importantly, under his watch, the Franchise was ranked by the players as having the worst working conditions in the league, and the team he ran was ranked at the bottom of the league. 

I can't place the blame for that ranking on Jason Wright. Our previous owner controlled the purse strings. If you blame him for that, then he should get credit for the improvements made under Harris. That's just unfair criticism.

However, he should rightfully be ridiculed for the wrong Superbowl dates on the team seal. That was a complete embarrassment that should never have happened.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Naaa it was dude. 

It wasn't Snyder that botched the rebranding.

The not knowing the year the Franchise won its Superbowls.

Making the wrong patch.

Botched the Sean Taylor jersey retirement. 

1. How is that not Dan Snyder's fault. He absolutely botched the rebranding. He only changed the name to begin with because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants and created a culture of sexual harassment/assault towards women. "Commanders" was Snyder's choice. I don't know who was responsible for the fan vote/input charade on the name, maybe that was Wright's idea to drum up interest, but the rebranding issues were always starting with Snyder and ending with him too. His wife (a co-owner) designed the uniforms!
  2. Wrong patch was whack, no doubt there. Wright dropped that ball.
  3. Sean Taylor jersey retirement was another Snyder move. He's pulled belated and rushed crap like that for decades. There was heat on him, he was trying to drum up a different news story and put butts into seats. Have you guys seen this graphic?

image.thumb.jpeg.0cb40ca22de63d288ed84e670c556363.jpeg

23% of average franchise revenue comes from fans at games. Pre-season sales are miniscule. Snyder ain't making the playoffs. He's only got 8 home games to come up with 23% of his expected yearly revenue. You're damn straight Snyder saw declining attendance, panicked, and rushed the Sean Taylor thing. Cause that's what Dan Snyder does. He does kneejerk reactions, doesn't think, and half asses everything.

I think it's utter bull**** that people are trying to give Dan Snyder a pass on being incompetent. We saw him be incompetent for a Quarter of a Century but people are like "nah, the recent incompetent stuff can't be his fault". Cause he had such a good track record right?

• Like 4