Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that our current horrible name wasn't a directive from Daniel. Our pig mascot was the result of making the best of a garbage situation. 

Plus all mascots are terrible anyway, they're not really for 15-70 year olds.

The mascot that would truly represent the Snyder era would be the turd emoji.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Worked for A1 and Dr Pepper.

Hard to believe the most exciting part of this thread has become prune flavored stuff and VoRs youthful time as a christmas tree herder.

I just want to point out herding Christmas trees is pretty easy given their lack of mobility.  They kindof stay where you put them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Realize we wouldn’t know or care about JW if we didn’t go through the rebrand, but…Major Tuddy and the C name are both pathetic. Embarrassingly bad. Can’t just pin that all on Snyder. I personally trust Harris and company to make the right move here, but also I totally understand those who want him out asap. Can’t wait for free agency to start so we can have something more interesting to argue about!

It was just Snyder pushing him in front of the camera to get yelled at.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Realize we wouldn’t know or care about JW if we didn’t go through the rebrand, but…Major Tuddy and the C name are both pathetic. Embarrassingly bad. Can’t just pin that all on Snyder.

Why not? Everyone knows Snyder is infatuated with the military. It's very Snyder to go through that whole sham of a process and just pick what he wants regardless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why not? Everyone knows Snyder is infatuated with the military. It's very Snyder to go through that whole sham of a process and just pick what he wants regardless.

When did it become common knowledge that Snyder was infatuated with the military? I must’ve missed that memo. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

When did it become common knowledge that Snyder was infatuated with the military? I must’ve missed that memo. 🙂

There was an article a while back I can't find now that said as much. As soon as I find it, I will post it.

• Thanks 1

Listening to the PFF NFL show and Rick Spielman is on. Really interesting to hear him describe how his consulting work with Commanders is going. Very in depth descriptions as to how they identified, interviewed and decided which GM and head coaches they wanted to hire.

Spielman confirmed that Harris was adamant about getting GM in place before they start the HC search in earnest. He then goes on to detail the interview formats, how Peters was spearheading those, etc. Really interesting. Puts the bed all the garbage about the "committee" approach, too many chefs in the kitchen, etc.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just want to point out herding Christmas trees is pretty easy given their lack of mobility.  They kindof stay where you put them.  

Hey a job is a job. When I was a mere tyke on this forum, @Foreheadonce told me that he’d never hire me, not even as a janitor, because I’d probably refill the toilet paper with the paper going under instead of over

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Hey a job is a job. When I was a mere tyke on this forum, @Foreheadonce told me that he’d never hire me, not even as a janitor, because I’d probably refill the toilet paper with the paper going under instead of over

My wife insists on the paper going under, I insist that it goes over (makes much more sense right) so in our house its pretty easy to see who bothered to put another roll on the cylinder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Who struggles with tearing toilet paper.  I've heard that argument before, and it has never made sense.

Allow me to pontificate on the subject...if you tear off from under sometimes the paper tends to roll back (disappears) and it makes it harder to retrieve next time. Precious seconds wasted.

Jumbo, Im sure this can somehow be related to the coaching / front office thread.

Edited by Chris 44

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Allow me to pontificate on the subject...if you tear off from under sometimes the paper tends to roll back (disappears) and it makes it harder to retrieve next time. Precious seconds wasted.

You're on a roll ! :)

tp-memes-1.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

My wife insists on the paper going under, I insist that it goes over (makes much more sense right) so in our house its pretty easy to see who bothered to put another roll on the cylinder.

Honestly you must have generational love for your wife because this would be grounds for an acrimonious divorce in my household.  

Edit to add I’d honestly prefer to talk about toilet paper than Jason Wright but we should probably return to the thread topic…

Though this has been fun.  

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Who struggles with tearing toilet paper.  I've heard that argument before, and it has never made sense.

If you try to tear from the top, it doesn't have the tension from the weight of the roll itself, as it would if it was under.

Hey, it's not a big deal with me either way. 😁

Edited by Spearfeather

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Honestly you must have generational love for your wife because this would be grounds for an acrimonious divorce in my household.  

Edit to add I’d honestly prefer to talk about toilet paper than Jason Wright but we should probably return to the thread topic…

Though this has been fun.  

He's got the Snyder stench, house cleaning won't be completed until he's gone.

2 hours ago, Conn said:

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m fairness, that would be a fireable offense 

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

I think the one advantage to it being under, is that it makes it easier to tear off.

29 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

19 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Jumbo, Im sure this can somehow be related to the coaching / front office thread.

14 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

No, it makes it easier to unroll the toilet paper roll all over the goddamn floor.

13 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I say we draft a roll of toilet paper with our 6th round pick.

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

If you try to tear from the top, it doesn't have the tension from the weight of the roll itself, as it would if it was under.

Hey, it's not a big deal with me either way. 😁

I'm not entirely sure how, but I blame Snyder for this conversation topic.... please just leave us alone Dan - go buy a cricket team in Tajikistan and leave us alone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I'm not entirely sure how, but I blame Snyder for this conversation topic.... please just leave us alone Dan - go buy a cricket team in Tajikistan and leave us alone!

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Die Hard said:

He was infatuated with the Pentagon’s $750 billion a year budget. Every branch of the military and all of the defense contractors spend quite a bit on advertising. Having lost some of his big sponsors like Budweisers and BofA, made a military theme in the nation’s capitol more appealing to get a slice of the advertising budget of the military and defense sector. 

If he gave a damn about the military it might be understandable but it was purely based on milking maximum dollars from a diminishing fan base and dwindling advertisers. If he could have named them the BetMGMs, FanDuels or something in that sector he would have. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2