Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I like Harris but part of me wishes we hired an owner with huge pockets and big time cojones who just says F it and brings Redskins back.

What? I guarantee they would if they could. But they literally can't for numerous reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

18 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Just concerning the name...there was one that majority of people wanted which was redwolves but dan didn't wanna pony the money. Whatever hopefully they revisit it and chsnge this horrible name.

Love the coaching staff outside of kk. But maybe he just needs to be an oc like norv

The money excuse was complete trash. Snyder wanted Commanders because hes a corny boomer who thinks anything military themed is automatically cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

End the name change tangent. 😑

My apologies Jumbo, I think it was me that started it. I do realize talk of going back to the original name is verboten, but was unclear whether that extends to all name change talk. I won’t do it again. 

Would it be OK for someone to start a separate stadium thread about it? With the caveat of no R——— talk, just commanders versus a new name that is more popular with the fans. There are plenty of us that have accepted the fact that the old name isn’t coming back, but still would like to see Snyder’s name go away. Let me know, and I will make sure to follow your guidance moving forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As has been said/posted numerous times in the last two years...when there's legitimate new events that  FACTUALLY  gives reason to open  a new name change thread, a mod will start that thread.

Now if there's a change in that policy for some other reason, a mod will open a new thread for it. 🙂👍

We had well over two years of endless, ad nauseum, uber max, repetitive name change "discussion" in multiple threads. 

😬

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Doing my part to end the name change tangent:

I think it's interesting to see Quinn and Peters going to games together. It's clear that they really view their relationship as a marriage that sets the foundation for a long run of elite contention. Quinn specifically mentioned in his presser that he wasn't expecting Peters to greet him and his wife when they landed in DC after getting the job - they're both really investing in the relationship.

Have we seen that kind of public camaraderie between GM and HC tandems elsewhere in sports? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today has all the hits going. Name change nonsense, needless wondering about Jason Wrights duties and ES draft experts bickering back and forth. 

It's going to be a long off-season 🫠

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Doing my part to end the name change tangent:

I think it's interesting to see Quinn and Peters going to games together. It's clear that they really view their relationship as a marriage that sets the foundation for a long run of elite contention. Quinn specifically mentioned in his presser that he wasn't expecting Peters to greet him and his wife when they landed in DC after getting the job - they're both really investing in the relationship.

Have we seen that kind of public camaraderie between GM and HC tandems elsewhere in sports? 

Yeah I actually thought them going to the game was a good way to show a united front and to continue to build on that relationship. It’s also a good way to generate fan interest/support by showing their own support for teams in the area. I doubt it’s the first time this has happened, but still good to see.

Edited by mh86
Fat fingies
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Yeah I actually thought them going to the game was a good way to show a united front and to continue to build on that relationship. It’s also a good way to generate fan interest/support by showing their own support for teams in the area. I doubt it’s the first time this has happened, but still good to see.

Josh Harris did this with Mitch Rales and some others. It's nice seeing unity in this organization.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So what does Jason actually do now?

Wright was forced in front of the camera by Snyder, probably with little preparation or information. He made some pretty bad mistakes, but they’re not entirely his fault. He’s back to doing what he should have been doing in the first place. I really have no opinion on whether he’s retained or not

• Like 7
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So what does Jason actually do now?

Bridge the gap and do whatever AP thinks he’s capable of doing to help this franchise move forward towards success. Let’s move forward baby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wright was forced in front of the camera by Snyder, probably with little preparation or information. He made some pretty bad mistakes, but they’re not entirely his fault. He’s back to doing what he should have been doing in the first place. I really have no opinion on whether he’s retained or not

I'm pretty sure Wright wasn't forced into anything. Ulimately, he is responsible for some of those bad mistakes, but maybe not all. Personally,  I just haven't liked him for a while now. If he stays on, but stays out of certain things,  I guess I would be O.K. with that,  but if he end up being let go, I'm not going to miss him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm pretty sure Wright wasn't forced into anything. Ulimately, he is responsible for some of those bad mistakes, but maybe not all. Personally,  I just haven't liked him for a while now. If he stays on, but stays out of certain things,  I guess I would be O.K. with that,  but if he end up being let go, I'm not going to miss him.

That's exactly the way it should be. Most fans don't give a **** about their team president, we only know about Wright because he had to cover for the cowardly owner while the ship was sinking. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

That's exactly the way it should be. Most fans don't give a **** about their team president, we only know about Wright because he had to cover for the cowardly owner while the ship was sinking. 

I call BS. Wright is an attention seeker and sucks at everything he does. He needs to go period. If he’s good he can prove it elsewhere. Too much damage here. He has to be gone. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1