Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

There’s far too many Johnsons in this thread.

We are establishing a culture here in Washington.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I watched that yesterday. And I disagree with Tannenbaum. Caleb is the first NIL superstar. he is already a multi millionaire who does Dr. Pepper commercials on every single major NFL broadcast. He could easily tell the Bears to shove it, sit our for a year and reenter the draft next year. 

I don't think he can do exactly that if he is drafted.  If the Bears pick him, he's stuck.  If he sits out, his contract just tolls.

He'd have to tell them not to draft him.  

At this point, having declared, it would be tricky to pull out of the draft entirely and just go back to USC.  Maybe you can, but I don't think so.  

If I'm the Bears, I am drafting him #1 even if he says he won't play for them.  That's what the Colts did with Elway and the Chargers did with Eli.  Then you control his rights, and at that point, have some leverage.  

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think he can do exactly that if he is drafted.  If the Bears pick him, he's stuck.  If he sits out, his contract just tolls.

He'd have to tell them not to draft him.

Nope. NFl teams cannot hold onto the players rights for more than a year.  And he cannot go back to college either as he has already declared. Caleb does have some power here. But it would mean missing a year of NFL salary to do it. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/can-an-nfl-draft-pick-refuse-to-sign-their-contract/

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nope. NFl teams cannot hold onto the players rights for more than a year. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/can-an-nfl-draft-pick-refuse-to-sign-their-contract/

it could convince the bears to look at maye and daniels and accept a tiny trade with us to get something for passing on caleb, but i still think bears in that situation would be looking for a haul from anyone in the top 10 with so many qbs

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nope. NFl teams cannot hold onto the players rights for more than a year.  And he cannot go back to college either as he has already declared. Caleb does have some power here. But it would mean missing a year of NFL salary to do it. 

Hmmmm.  Ok, fair.  I didn't know that.  I thought if they sat out a year the rights stayed with the team.  I stand corrected.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm very excited to see what Kliffy brings to the offense.  In one of the season with the Cards, they accumulated the 11th most rushing attempts in the NFL.  So, most likely, it's not going to be a true chuck and duck type of system.

Here's what I'm expecting:

- A lot of gun runs.  For those that want under-center runs and play-action off of that, I don't think you're going to like this offense. I also think you should watch non-Commanders football, because the entire league apart from the Lions and to some extent the Shanahan offenses, all run primarily Shotgun systems (including the Ravens and Eagles) and run a ton out of Gun.  

- A spread offense.  They're going to stretch the field horizontally to create space.  Which is one thing which makes running inside more effective.  

- Tempo.  It won't be like a Chip Kelly pace, but I think you're going to see some no-huddle and a much faster, in general, tempo.  

- A lot of bubble screens.  Extension of the running game.

- Less traditional screens.  

- A lot of attempts to get the ball down the field.  Probably several on every possession.  They're going to try to be explosive. 

I'm down for all of this.  I do think it's going to be more balanced than last year's offense from a run to pass ratio perspective.

Daniels is the best deep ball passer in this draft, yes? Maybe that is a sign to where the FO is leaning.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

WOW, we have one of them now! Maybe he can save a few of our young DB's from busting. Coaching staff is really starting to shape up. It's been a while since we had a impressive group of Coaches. We need that OL coach we have been lacking next. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

February 3rd, 2022 at 6:27pm CST by Sam Robinson

Although the Broncos have zeroed in on Rams secondary coach Ejiro Evero for their defensive coordinator job, they continue to meet with other candidates.

Panthers secondary coach Jason Simmons interviewed for the Broncos DC job Thursday, Mike Garafolo of NFL.com tweets. A 10-year NFL veteran, Simmons spent time in Green Bay prior to relocating to Charlotte in 2020. He and Nathaniel Hackett‘s tenures briefly overlapped.

[RELATED: Broncos Hire Klint Kubiak As QBs Coach]

Simmons, 45, was in his first season as the Packers’ secondary coach in 2019, Hackett’s first year as Green Bay’s offensive coordinator. Having played with the Steelers and Texans from 1998-2007, Simmons has been an NFL assistant since 2015. He joins Evero and Ravens D-line coach Anthony Weaver as names connected to this job. Prior to hiring Dan Quinn, the Cowboys interviewed Simmons for their DC gig last year.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/02/broncos-interview-panthers-jason-simmons-for-dc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Quinn proved last chance that he knows how to put together a staff. I knew this one would be good as well.

Well, OL coach, DL coach, LB coach, ST coach, (Could be Mike Adams from NY Giants or he could be DB coach too) still a need.  Team still trying to assign a position name to Brian Johnson.  Could be passing game coordinator or QB coach.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

We now have Pass Game Coordinators on both sides of the ball: Brian Johnson on offense and Jason Simmons on defense.

I wonder whether we'll hire Run Game Coordinators as well, or whether any of the position coaches will get that title like RGC/LB coach or RGC/OL coach?

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, FrFan said:

I'm not a fan of this kind of mentality. NFL is about toughness, learning and adapting not about finding your comfort zone, instead it's about improving through tasting your danger zone. He can go to the Bears or wherever.

It's also about putting yourself in the best possible situation to win, and get to your 2nd contract. The Bears are a unique opportunity in that the franchises best QB was back in the 40's, but have never in franchise history had a passer eclipse 4,000 passing yards in a single season. That team just isnt QB friendly at all. Plus it appears the head coach is on thin ice.

Too many red flags in my mind so I think I have to disagree with you. Football is tough enough on the field, I dont need to make it even tougher just because I want to taste danger...

39 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do think it's going to be more balanced than last year's offense from a run to pass ratio perspective.

Let's be honest, I have a better run-pass ratio when I play the Oilers in Tecmo Super Bowl than we had last year.

14 hours ago, RWJ said:

Peters need to have some nads, stand his ground along with Quinn and let someone trade up to #1 and take Caleb or let the Bears draft him and trade him after they select him.  I believe Quinn and Peters want their guy and Caleb isn't their guy.  

We shall find out soon enough. Im up for anything and we wont know how this new staff grades any of these guys until April 25th, around 8pm EST.

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Let's be honest, I have a better run-pass ratio when I play the Oilers in Tecmo Super Bowl than we had last year.

Chuckle.

Yeah, it got out of control.

What EB just never figured out, and granted, it's hard, was when to run and how to mix run and pass.  Part of the problem was when he chose to run. 2nd and long was a favorite run down.

In my personal offensive philosophy, the objective is to stay out of known passing situations.  Because even the best offenses struggle in those situations.  Which means you need to either pick up a first down on 1st or 2nd down, or put yourself in a good 3rd down, run or pass situation.

EB was HORRID at that.  As soon as Sam was in a known passing situation, the OL crumbled and he fell apart. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

WOW, we have one of them now! Maybe he can save a few of our young DB's from busting. Coaching staff is really starting to shape up. It's been a while since we had a impressive group of Coaches. We need that OL coach we have been lacking next. 

Yep. We have a bunch of guys in the secondary still on rookie deals that may not end up being busts after all if they are placed in the right situations. 

Liking the four guys on Quinn’s staff that’s been announced so far.

• Like 2