Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Only if KC just promotes someone currently on the staff; after meeting the Rooney rule. Kind of funny, EB would be a RR interview.   If they go outside the organization, then no.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  I am not suggesting EB would ever be a candidate there for anything other than a position coach who the players already seem to like.  It didn't work here, but multiple times, unprompted, Mahomes and Kelce brought up they were missing the attention to detail EB brought.  

So, he might go back and instill that again as an assistant.  

1 minute ago, sinews said:

The more I hear about EB in KC it just sounds like he was some kind of guru figure for the offense, whatever else, at least on game day, seemed marginal. Maybe they should create a new title and bring him back. 

That's what I was saying, "special offensive assistant."  

Pay him and call it a day.  

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't get excited for this ****, I'm sorry.  Been here too many times before...and I know, I know, I know, this isn't a Snyder hire.  

I just keep seeing the dude who blew a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots...just with another stooge at his side.  I sure hope Kliff'em All is the QB whisperer who everyone says he is, lord knows we're about 35 years overdue in needing one.

I don't even know who the defensive coordinator is, I saw the alert come in on my phone that we hired someone who I'm sure will be making us pine for the Joe Berry days come early November.  

I just can't do it.  I'd love to hear why I should think we're turning a corner and why we're in a good spot outside of having the #2 pick.  if "SPIFF, DRAFT PICKS!!!" is all you have to be excited about, don't @ me. 

I think Quinn losing a SuperBowl while leading big to arguably the best QB the game has ever seen on a team that bullied everyone it came across coupled with the fact that our team hasn’t sniffed a SB in 30+ years is the least of the worries. 

im. Not excited about Kliff and his passing game. I think I’ll have similar complaints as EB’s system and calling. However, Kliff does create a really strong run game. If Quinn can somehow get Kliff’s passing game on point, the offense can be good. That’s a big if though.

As far as the defense. Yeah, I’m worried about the late collapses. But didn’t Dallas this year have many banged up players in the playoff game that forced others to play out of position? I would give Quinn a break on that one if I’m correct. But I understand he has a history. 

I do like the fact that Quinn hired a team to see where he went wrong in his first coaching stint. That is a smart person that does something like that. Thats not ego. We’ve seen ego here plenty, I don’t think he has that and that’s a main reason I am willing to take a second chance on him.

Also, we have draft picks and money. Yeah I said it mofo and im @ you and you can’t stop me! I’m not saying you need to buy in, but I do think everyone needs to take a deep breath and see how all of this plays out. 

Stay Medium! 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

And we're out.

Well, I don't think it was a "win the presser" type of presser.  But there were some subtle things I really liked.  I especially liked the way he said he evolved his defense, was self-aware, figured out what needed to change, etc. 

If he can build the team to be physical and explosive, that would be a really good start.  

I think the other thing which came through loud and clear: the roster sucks and they all know it.  Ron, you're not getting the damn ring when they win because you left the team in shambles.  

I wonder if they're going to have intro press conferences for Kliff and Whitt.

And for those wondering, now that it's official, EB is off the website.  Kliff and Joe are on it. And they really need a better picture of Quinn.  

They also need to beef up the content just a wee bit:

image.thumb.png.63c69532942e043f91e12a0e122cc97a.png

• Like 4

I believe we are in good hands with the coaching staff, now it's time to find some players who can play. I have no doubt Quinn will be a great motivator and will have solid game plans. ****'s about to get real. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Harris looked tired 😂

Peters still somewhat nervous in front of the press IMO,

Quinn outright full on, thought he was fantastic.

Interesting, I thought Quinn was just ok.  Maybe I expected more.  Like the leadership, like the self evaluation.  

Other than saying he canned EB this morning, though, there wasn't a whole lot of substance.  

Shrug.  

But pressers don't really matter.  

Winning matters.

I also think a whole lot more about this team is up to Peters than Quinn for this year.  They're going to have to strike gold early and often in FA and the draft for this team to be more than a 4-5 win team next year.  Because Ron left us with a 4 win roster with 50% heading to FA.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Interesting, I thought Quinn was just ok.  Maybe I expected more.  Like the leadership, like the self evaluation.  

Other than saying he canned EB this morning, though, there wasn't a whole lot of substance.  

Shrug.  

But pressers don't really matter.  

Winning matters.

I think he’s very believable. It’s clear to see how his nature and drive builds strong relationships. I’ve been so/so on the hire, but what I would say is that he’s going to weed the rubbish out very quickly. I don’t see many frauds making the cut with him.

As you say, the roster sucks, therefore it’s a massive task ahead.

• Like 3

Rivera talked a big game about accountability but when it came to coaches it was nowhere to be found. Here's hoping that Quinn handles his business and keeps KK in check on the offense (doesn't let him get too cute, etc.). I want it to work but I have questions. 

Edited by sinews
  • Like 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think the only players to survive will be the pre-Ron players.

I don’t think Ron’s players will be part of this team long term.

DTs and a couple of WRs. The rest are on notice.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He honestly looks like he hasn't slept for 2 weeks.  

The man owns three sports franchises.  I think this is how Harris always is in this stage of his life.  I don't blame him.  😆

7 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What derogatory nickname are we going to come up with for Quinn if he loses 2 straight games, a la 'Riverboat Ron'?

First of all we didn't come up with that nickname and it wasn't derogatory when they started calling him that. 

Second of all, gotDamn Quinn has gotta be on the list. 

About half way through watching the presser now. Quinn is a natural leader. He exudes it. Love that he got into a little bit of details about his philosophy of how to confuse QB's pre and post snap. I would love to sit down with that guy for 15 minutes and pick his brain. And that is what makes him valuable imo. Because players, coaches and other personnel want to do the same thing. Feel even better about the hire than I did before. I would prefer he was calling plays. But he clearly trusts Whitt to do it. 

• Like 6

I just finished watching his press conferences.

Wow is he detailed.  In one press conference, I leaned more about his thoughts about X's and O's on defense and thoughts about personnel than all of Rivera's press conferences combined.

On defense -- it was clear as heck they will go get a LB and edge.  That's obvious but I doubt its the bargain basement crap that fuels Rivera.  Tackling in space is key for him.  Because of how offenses these days are designed to attack in space and create YAC.  That to me is heavy about the Mike LB and SS.

He more or less admitted Seattle's Cover 3 scheme gets eaten alive by today's offenses and he had to throw that out the window and come up with an entirely different scheme.

He highlighted that you need a stud edge.

On offense clearly he wants explosive plays-speed.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 12