Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder about Colt Mccoy as QB coach?

Sheehan pointed out that Colt's best games were with Kliff.  About 75% completion rate under him.  He said best QBR under him, etc.

Also on another note, Sheehan said sort of vaguely that Peters might like the other QBs if not more than Caleb and he didn't say that as hypotetical but also not concretely it came off somewhere in between to me.  Came off that it might be something he heard.  Sheehan is probably after Keim the most connected as to a source to owneship. 

Sheehan didn't say that as a report but it felt like a relevant point the way he made it

He would be the perfect QB coach and a name I never thought about.  I hope this comes to pass.  

Cardinals Count On Colt McCoy's Pedigree To Pay Off In QB Room (azcardinals.com)

Colt McCoy's NFL resumé and experience are what drew the Cardinals' attention to the veteran as a backup quarterback option this offseason.

But for Kliff Kingsbury, an admittedly proud Texan, and a team that featured another Texas schoolboy legend at starting quarterback in Kyler Murray, McCoy had the pedigree that fit as well.

"We knew we wanted to find the right guy who could play at a high level and also help mentor Kyler," Kingsbury said. "To find a guy I know Kyler watched growing up when Colt was the king of Texas, it's pretty neat. Me being from Texas myself, to sit in that room and listen to them go back and forth and share stories, they are building a great rapport."

When McCoy was at Jim Ned High School in Tuscola, Texas, he watched Kingsbury dazzle in Texas Tech's air raid offense and "throw for 1,000 yards a game." When McCoy went to the University of Texas, Murray saw him play on the big stage.

But McCoy's arrival in Arizona wasn't about reunions of high school greatness gone by. It was the need for stability behind Murray, who has started every game since coming in the league but whose ankle injury early in the Rams finale last season doomed the Cardinals.

The since-departed Brett Hundley was inactive that day, and backup Chris Streveler's first real NFL action did not go well.

The Cards turned to McCoy, giving the 12-year veteran a one-year contract to help Murray and Streveler, as well as be a safety net in case Murray gets hurt.

From Colt's NFL Draft Profile:

Colt McCoy Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Strengths

• McCoy is a natural leader with high character
  • Played with a lot of intelligence in Texas’ system which he mastered
  • Was extremely productive
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

First Take is talking about Kliff Kingsbury. They don't like him as the OC at all. They basically said he's not accomplished, he just knows how to schmooze. He gets promoted because of his relationship with QBs but he has never actually developed any QBs. Baker was up and down with him (and just now playing his best ball), Kyler was up and down and Caleb had a down year with him. They are saying there is a bigger argument that he held those QBs back. 

I think they have a point to some extent. But on Mayfield he only had him for one year, started him as a true freshman after HE WALKED ON and was 5-0 with him before Mayfield got hurt. What was the down part of that?

(The down part I guess was there was some bad feeling on Mayfields part on how he was treated after he got hurt and he then moved to OU.)

3 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

To each his own. I like the backwards hat and hope he sports it during the games. He’s there to coach football not conform to somebody’s fashion whims. 

A visor is underrated. Steve Spurrier rocked it well. It makes the statement that I want the sun out of my eyes but I still have a full head of hair. 

A backward hat is an admission of hair loss. Might as well go for plugs at that point if you have the kind of money Quinn does. 

• Like 1

Just now, mojo said:

So maybe I missed this but what's going on with Bienemy? He hasn't been fired but they hired someone to take his position, seems odd?

Mayhew is still here and they replaced him. I think EB could end up the RB coach if he’s willing to take a demotion. 

• Confused 1

Just now, mojo said:

So maybe I missed this but what's going on with Bienemy? He hasn't been fired but they hired someone to take his position, seems odd?

He's canned, they'll probably update the website to reflect the current hires by Wednesday. 

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Seeing Wright in this video being the second guy to welcome the new Head Coach made me ill.

Sorry to see a video that will be forgotten about in a week had such an impact on your day :(

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, spjunkies said:

Sorry to see a video that will be forgotten about in a week had such an impact on your day :(

They need a warning before every video he’s in. Like the epilepsy warnings before shows with flashing lights. “This video contains images and depictions of Jason Wright which can cause nausea and vomiting in many. Viewer discretion is advised”

• Haha 3

Johnson is ireelevant now.  But to my point yesterday if I were his agent, I'd leave this alone.  He might be compelled to respond but for the benefit of his client, I'd let it go.

Reading those articles looked like it was going to be MacDonald or Quinn. As Sheehan said he doubts they would have hired Johnson in contrast.

The Macdonald stuff came off like both teams were interested in him but Washington could do him or Quinn whereas Seattle wanted MacDonald more.  And heck for Macdonald, Seattle is the better bet as to defensive talent

Listening to Fortier who did an article about Klingsbury when he was working with the Ringer.  He said the intention was to do an article about another subject but he kept hearing when researching that article praise about Klingsbury especially about his work ethic, that he comes to work at 4 am everyday.

So Fortier decided to test it.  He shows up to their facility at 3:45 and minutes later Klingsbury showed up.  Hence he decided to write the article about him. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

A visor is underrated. Steve Spurrier rocked it well. It makes the statement that I want the sun out of my eyes but I still have a full head of hair. 

A backward hat is an admission of hair loss. Might as well go for plugs at that point if you have the kind of money Quinn does. 

Backward hat you say … Nothing to see here (literally).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Mayhew is still here and they replaced him. I think EB could end up the RB coach if he’s willing to take a demotion. 

I could see that. Probably not the best PR that one year with Washington takes a guy being touted as Head Coach material to the unemployment line. Even though I think he did a horrible job, I think they offer him some kind of role.

Can someone briefly sum up the Jason Wright situation for me, who was too busy to follow the team whenever it happened? 

Was Wright forced on Snyder for the latter's transgressions or did the league mandate that he do the hiring and Wright was Dan's "token" candidate (I don't mean to disparage Wright here but we all know how Snyder operated). 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Johnson is ireelevant now.  But to my point yesterday if I were his agent, I'd leave this alone.  He might be compelled to respond but for the benefit of his client, I'd let it go.

Reading those articles looked like it was going to be MacDonald or Quinn. As Sheehan said he doubts they would have hired Johnson in contrast.

The Macdonald stuff came off like both teams were interested in him but Washington could do him or Quinn whereas Seattle wanted MacDonald more.  And heck for Macdonald, Seattle is the better bet as to defensive talent

When in a hole, stop digging.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mojo said:

I could see that. Probably not the best PR that one year with Washington takes a guy being touted as Head Coach material to the unemployment line. Even though I think he did a horrible job, I think they offer him some kind of role.

They have to pay him regardless. So not sure if he takes a step down or not. 

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/05/takeaways-bye-week-commanders-dan-quinn-search

Breer with a very detailed inside look at the HC search.

From that article, here's one place where Adam and Josh had a clear, viable alternate direction to go:

Morris arrived in Florida for his second interview with the Commanders on Jan. 23—knocking that one out of the park—then flew to Atlanta and Carolina for second interviews with the Falcons and Panthers. Just as he got home to Los Angeles, the Falcons offered him their job. Morris’s camp relayed that to Peters, who wound up telling them that, at that point, he wanted to stay true to the process, with five interviews left. Morris took the Atlanta job.

The Commanders could have short-circuited their process the way the Falcons did and just gone with Raheem Morris, if I'm reading this correctly. Morris and Quinn seem like comparable candidates in this hiring cycle, and it'll be interesting to see how their tenures compare over the next few years. Morris starts with a better roster (apart from QB).

Otherwise, I can't find anything the Commanders reasonably could have done differently.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

To each his own. I like the backwards hat and hope he sports it during the games. He’s there to coach football not conform to somebody’s fashion whims. 

I'm cool with it. At least he's not wearing a cowboy hat. We'd have a problem if he did that.

• Thanks 1