Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, AZDave said:

I know there is a lot of media that wont like Kingsbury and the stats dont lie. The offence was kinda dull sometimes. But what the stats dont show is kyler calling the wrong formations or blocking schemes. The kid had talent but couldnt undestand the concepts. Watch some of the plays from two years ago. Kyler just loved to run. Or when the play broke down he would make the wrong read. You could see the frustration on kingsbury face and in his post game presser. He never threw kyler under the bus when everyone here in phx could see the immaturity of his qb.

Murray and his antics make it hard for me to assess Kingsbury.  Too often it felt like Murray simply didn’t get it and would blow up on the sidelines as if it was the plays fault and not his own.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's amazing how the son of the one of the most football-savvy (albeit evil) NFL owners of all time is such a complete failure at it. He makes me think of Judge Smails' son in "Caddyshack".

• Haha 2

I'm not sure how I feel about Kingsbury. I recall his tenure in Arizona being rather underwhelming and drama-filled, but I don't know how much of that was Kyler or just the general atmosphere of failure that has surrounded the Cardinals since 1948.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

How's about we actually hire a head coach first please.

This is getting kind of crazy that all these staff rumors are flying around about joe whitt and now kliff Kingsbury and not a peep out of the team about Dan quinn.

Ok I'm gonna quote myself here because I got two confused reactions to this post.

The team has yet to announce the hiring of Dan quinn, at least the last I heard that was the case.

It just feels weird all these coordinator rumors when Quinn isn't even official,

I feel like we're putting the cart before the horse.

No reason to believe it'll happen but Kingsbury to the Raiders had been widely announced as well but nothing from the team.

It's still a possibility here until it isn't and it'd be nice if they took care of that is all I'm saying before we move on to the whole staff.

Edited by redskinss
  • Thanks 1

Just now, redskinss said:

The team has yet to announce the hiring of Dan quinn, at least the last I heard that was the case.

It just feels weird all these coordinator rumors when Quinn isn't even official,

I feel like we're putting the cart before the horse.

Also the suppose hire of Jon Whitt Jr as DC isn’t and hasn’t officially been mentioned, in fact I googled him and still says he’s w/Cowboys…

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Command The 414 said:

Also the suppose hire of Jon Whitt Jr as DC isn’t and hasn’t officially been mentioned, in fact I googled him and still says he’s w/Cowboys…

Yup and Dan quinn is still listed as the defensive coordinator too I believe. 

How crazy would it be if it didn't get wrapped up.

We'd be under a lot of scrutiny for the hiring process for sure.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's official when Quinn signs on the dotted line. We don't know if that's happened yet. Doesn't matter if it's been publicly announced or not. They may want to announce Quinn and the coordinators as a package deal, but the PR aspect isn't relevant to anything except the media.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, profusion said:

It's official when Quinn signs on the dotted line. We don't know if that's happened yet. Doesn't matter if it's been publicly announced or not.

I know but even before the dotted line, when the team announces it, it's usually pretty official. 

At this point it's so widely reported for what a day plus now? It just feels really weird that the team hasn't announced anything.

• Like 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

It is bizarre that we haven't named our HC by now. I get waiting a day or two but this is just weird at this point 🤷‍♂️

The timing is unfortunate coming up on Super Bowl week. It's possible the league doesn't want hiring stories overtaking weekend SB promo. Announcing it on a Monday/Tuesday media deadzone would help alleviate that.

Or, maybe they're still finalizing the contract language. Could be a number of things. Quinn would be working on assembling the staff the minute he agreed in principle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yup and Dan quinn is still listed as the defensive coordinator too I believe. 

How crazy would it be if it didn't get wrapped up.

We'd be under a lot of scrutiny for the hiring process for sure.

And even as fans we’d have to agreed that the scrutiny would be well deserved… I think come Monday or no later then mid week we shall be seeing Dan Quinn officially introduced… at least I hope so lol 

• Like 2

I've thought about this announcement stuff and wondered if they are stack ranking contracts to make sure you pay the HC more than a potential coordinator.  For example, your contract with Quinn is $6 mil/year and some coordinator demands $5 mil/yr or whatever.

I don't know but I did see a local media tweet say they wanted to line up all the coaching hires before announcing.  You assume they want to start releasing other coaches as well before the announcements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 4

12 minutes ago, profusion said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Kingsbury. I recall his tenure in Arizona being rather underwhelming and drama-filled, but I don't know how much of that was Kyler or just the general atmosphere of failure that has surrounded the Cardinals since 1948.

Personally, I’d prefer Chip. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they go Kliff. Harris seems to like to hire guys with relationships to potential talent acquisition targets (I.e. Caleb).

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Wonder who the Lions offensive assistant is under Ben Johnson is.  That has me curious. You all?  :)  

IMG_0585.jpegHe had a interview with some team this week for they’re OC Opening so probably him 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 2

List of Lions offensive assistants: Scottie Montgomery ASSISTANT HEAD COACH/RUNNING BACKS, J.T. Barrett ASSISTANT QUARTERBACKS, Mark Brunell QUARTERBACKS, Tanner Engstrand PASSING GAME COORDINATOR. 

1 hour ago, AZDave said:

I would prefer kingsbury with a young qb. Being here in AZ i got a chance to see his offense up close. Kyler was not his pick. It was the ownership and media influence. Murray's lack of respect for the game and not spending time in the film room was the problem for the second half of both seasons and the downfall of kingsbury. Its easier to fire the coach than the player. Teams had trouble in the beginning and had Murray played up to his potential he would still be the coach out here. 

I'm far from an expert on QB evaluation, but Murray was obviously as big of a knucklehead as he is talented. IIRC, his teammates often weren't fans of his.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing that makes Reid standout even among the other 2 you mention is he doesn't stop with the negatives.  Aside from Reid pumping them up for drafting Haskins, he's just trashed this organization left and right on just about everything.  JLC and Jones, especially JLC actually sometimes sprinkle some sunshine about this team.  

Why don't I post Reid's stuff generally?  Because he's not reporting he's simply giving his opinion on stuff and what makes his opinion so special?   Him for example saying Quinn fly on a commercial flight versus a private plan and that proves this team wasn't that serious about him.  Give me a break.  That's not a report.  That Reid spitballing like he always does.  And just by coincidence 😎. his spitball takes always seem to go against this team. 

Part of the reason why I like Keim is not just that he's hardly ever wrong but he's not about sharing his personal takes.  That's not his gig.  I don't care about Keim's opinion generally albiet he hardly ever shares it anyway.  But I do care about what he hears the team is thinking.  That to me is relevant.   

In fairness, other than doing a Larry Michaels impersonation at a party, when has anyone legit been able to say something positive about this team in the past two decades? Maybe during Gibbs 2.0, but that's literally it. When they're telling the truth, it's not hating, it's just the truth. Let's see if things change if/when we're able to turn things around. 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1