Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

It's what we need to revive the rivlary.  We just need them to hire Rivera, too

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, and that latter part should tell you all you need to know about Reid. He’s a Mike Wilbon wannabe

I think some of it had to do with Dan owning 980 at the time, Reid leaving the WP to do a radio show on 980.   He sucked at it. the show was cancelled and his career changed after that.  It seems very personal with him and this team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Jason Reid he hates this organization.  He loves Shanahan.  I used to think it was all about Snyder but he kept crapping on this team after he left too.

the only love I can recall ever getting from Reid, not that it matters, is when they drafted Haskins and he said they finally got QB right.

What about what he said invokes hate? It’s a reasonable take. You don’t have to agree but it’s not a hateful but reasoned analysis of what took place. He even asks your hero  Keim to chime in.

How's about we actually hire a head coach first please.

This is getting kind of crazy that all these staff rumors are flying around about joe whitt and now kliff Kingsbury and not a peep out of the team about Dan quinn.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Kliff Kingsbury, and the Commanders are among the teams that swooped in to try and hire Kingsbury as offensive coordinator. Kliff-to-DC is in play."

It looks like this story is gaining momentum.

Quick forum poll: 

Give this post thumbs up if you are in favor of Kingsbury as our new OC and thumbs down if you're not.

I don't know,  if Kliff comes here then it definitely puts Williams in play for a trade up, or a Eli scenario and I don't know how I feel about that. Then again we've been stuck in QB hell for over 30 years and he's clearly the best QB in this draft..........Oh screw it 👍👍👍👍

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think some of it had to do with Dan owning 980 at the time, Reid leaving the WP to do a radio show on 980.   He sucked at it. the show was cancelled and his career changed after that.  It seems very personal with him and this team.

He and Mike Wise had awful shows. Although Wise vitriol was more the soap box of the name. I wonder if he’s still championing Native causes?

• Haha 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

What about what he said invokes hate? It’s a reasonable take. You don’t have to agree but it’s not a hateful but reasoned analysis of what took place. He even asks your hero  Keim to chime in.

There is a whole exchange with him on the topic, I read it all before anypne posted it here.  He took Ben Johnson's side said Quinn wasn't a top choice here considering he flew commercial for the interview among other things.  This isn't an isolated thing with Reid.  He is always slanted against the organization. 

25 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

If the hire happens everyone will be debating whether it's a sign we're moving up for Caleb.  Lol

And this Jerry Springer thread can swap the Ben Johnson controversy to the Caleb Williams controversy and continue to argue ad naseum until April…🙄

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He and Mike Wise had awful shows. Although Wise vitriol was more the soap box of the name. I wonder if he’s still championing Native causes?

People used to think JLC was tough on this team and Mike Jones after him.  But Jason Reid took it up 5 notches from them.  And he's been warring against this team on twitter for years post the WP gig.

The dude thought he can do a radio show owned by Dan and constantly crap on the team and have low ratings and survive it? 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There is a whole exchange with him on the topic, I read it all before anypne posted it here.  He took Ben Johnson's side said Quinn wasn't a top choice here considering he flew commercial for the interview among other things.  This isn't an isolated thing with Reid.  He is always slanted against the organization. 

Yeah it’s not like people highly regarded and connected with the team, like John Keim for instance, haven’t been saying for WEEKS he was a legitimate candidate or anything. Clearly a Jim Zorn scenario

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

"Raiders recently spoke to Eric Bieniemy about the OC job, per sources."

Please, please, pleeeeeeze hire him!

That would mean two compensatory 3rd round picks to add to our draft booty.

Edit: Last sentence was a brain fart.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Raiders recently spoke to Eric Bieniemy about the OC job, per sources."

Please, please, pleeeeeeze hire him!

That would mean two compensatory 3rd round picks to add to our draft booty.

I don’t think we would get compensation it’s not a promotion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sure Kliff is NFL Ryan Gosling but is he actually a good coach? I’m not convinced. I remember reading scathing breakdowns (albeit on twitter) of the plays he’d draw up and how awful they were schematically and situationally. 

He’s been getting by on brand awareness for a while now. Meanwhile, Lincoln Riley is who everyone thought Kliff Kingsbury was. (Not that I’m suggesting hiring him either)

I suppose in a toss up between Chip and Kliff, I choose Kliff? God either way I’m talking myself into it 😭