Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

What did he get out of them?

Vick was a stud. 

Pederson was the Foles guy, wasn’t he?

Just looked it up, how could I forget his 2-14 season with SF headlines by Kaepernick’s stunning onefer record?

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I actually wouldn't hate Kelly as OC. The guy does know offense and you probably don't have to worry about some team poaching him after a year.

"Wouldn't hate" is way different than "love". 

After the lackluster Quinn hire, I want to "love" our OC pick, not simply "not dislike". 

A Chip Kelly hire would, coupled with Quinn, make me question the wisdom of Adam Peters.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Hiring Kelly kinda telegraphs we're more into Daniels than Maye, which I wouldn't approve of(obviously lolol). But Kelly's offense can work. He's a garbage leader of men but a good offensive mind when given talent. Just don't give him any sort of roster control.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Kelly coached him when he had the 30:2 season, or whatever it was.

But the Eagles went 10-6

The next season he was 13:10

And then Kelly got fired with Bradford, didn’t he?

Foles won the Super Bowl under Pederson. Wentz never played under Kelly.

Vick played one mediocre year.

Yeah. I think you are right with the Bradford thing. Traded Foles I think. Anyways. I was just spitballing. He is good with QB's. So I could see why they might be interested in him with a young one. Not jumping up and down for it. But wouldnt necessarily hate it either. 

• Like 1

Just now, bird_1972 said:

"Wouldn't hate" is way different than "love". 

After the lackluster Quinn hire, I want to "love" our OC pick, not simply "not dislike". 

A Chip Kelly hire would, coupled with Quinn, make me question the wisdom of Adam Peters.

Its tough because all the good OC candidates either became HCs or are already taken up by other teams. I think Klint Kubiak might be the only one left but he's never called plays before.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Hiring Kelly kinda telegraphs we're more into Daniels than Maye, which I wouldn't approve of(obviously lolol). But Kelly's offense can work. He's a garbage leader of men but a good offensive mind when given talent. Just don't give him any sort of roster control.

What about Nix later in the draft?

• Thumb down 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Can anyone read into which QB we would go for if we signed Chip Kelly as OC? 

His offenses historically have been good with mobile QBs, but like KDawg said he also got a 30:2 season out of Nick Foles who might be the least mobile QB ever.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

What about Nix later in the draft?

Kelly hasn't had an affiliation with Oregon for over a decade.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Its tough because all the good OC candidates either became HCs or are already taken up by other teams. I think Klint Kubiak might be the only one left but he's never called plays before.

Disagree - I would take either Kubiak or Griese in a heartbeat. We would be way better off with either of them.

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Disagree - I would take either Kubiak or Griese in a heartbeat. We would be way better off with either of them.

I'd take Kubiak but we can't say for sure they'd be better than Kelly. He has never called plays in the NFL or been a lead game planner/strategist. Say what you will about Kelly but he has had success as an offensive mind in the NFL with a style of play that was ahead of its time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bevell really peaks my interest. But I am not sure he is ready either. 

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Can anyone read into which QB we would go for if we signed Chip Kelly as OC? 

With a legit GM that runs personnel... I would hope that we aren't making our #2 draft pick based on a yet to be hired OC.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Bevell really peaks my interest. But I am not sure he is ready either. 

Hmm yeah Bevell would be interesting. He does have experience, he was Seattle's OC during the Russel Wilson glory years. He's kind of the cautionary tale for Ben Johnson, Bevell was a hot candidate at one point too but never took the plunge and his HC stock has dropped since.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hiring Kelly kinda telegraphs we're more into Daniels than Maye

I disagree with this part of your post. Maye is way underrated athletically. He isnt Daniels obviously. But the dude can run and move. And he is better in structure than Daniels too. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I disagree with this part of your post. Maye is way underrated athletically. He isnt Daniels obviously. But the dude can run and move. And he is better in structure than Daniels too. 

Yeah I'm the biggest Maye fan here so I'd prefer Maye anyway and you're right he's actually quite a good athlete. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I am holding out hope that this was a dirty, nasty internet rumor and Chip Kelly isn’t in consideration.

Its probably not gonna happen. I think we'll go for one of the 49ers assistants to be OC like what was rumored before.

• Like 1