Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We dont know that for sure though. Could be he bombed his interviews and thought staying put was the smarter play. 

Digesting the narratives.  And I gather its a sensitive topic on this thread.  But I am over it.

A. He didn't want Washington or Seattle

B.  Seattle and Washington didn't want him

C. He genuinely decided he didn't want to leave for various reasons.

For those pontificating for one or the other reasons, we don't know.  It could easily be one of those three.  I digested enough narratives yesterday from insider types to land on this take.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Saying for a bit now, something about him makes me think that Anthony Weaver is the going to be a great HC in this league… and it might not be here for us but boy after all this stuff it almost seems like the pieces are falling into place and in our laps… get Weaver, let him bring Tee Martin or Greg Lewis over w/him as OC and call it a day… I think he’s got the it factor 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Would it be crazy to just promote EB to HC for 1 year until the guy you really want becomes available? Hey, we might get a high draft pick again...

Yes. It would be literally insane. The players cant stand him. They made that abundantly clear. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, method man said:

Out of the three quality retreads in BB, Pete and Vrabel, Pete seems to be the only guy not demanding personnel control. It would be a nice save with the fanbase and he is there 2-3 years to build this team up and then hand it off to a longer term coach

yep, he left that to schnieder, the seahawks gm.  pete did what he needed to do, and that was to coach.

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

They should at least talk to the guy and see if he'd be willing to compromise. 

*Of course this could have been communicated behind the scenes so who knows. 

You mean Belichick? He refused to compromise and that is why Falcons passed on Belichick

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I have a hunch they’re poking around BB to understand how much control he’d be willing to relinquish. I think they’re talking to guys they hadn’t previously considered.

It will be like farting into a hurricane, since BB will give up nothing. He wants to be coach, GM, owner, referee, concessions manager, and parking lot manager all at the same time.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I have a hunch they’re poking around BB to understand how much control he’d be willing to relinquish. I think they’re talking to guys they hadn’t previously considered.

My hunch is we find out who the HC is today or tomorrow morning.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Would it be crazy to just promote EB to HC for 1 year until the guy you really want becomes available? Hey, we might get a high draft pick again...

Literally how we ended with Zorn. At least Dan hired Shottenheimer, Spurrier and Gibbs before we got to an embarrassing point like Harris and company are at now. They look will like bafoons if they hire EB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by all the emotional reaction here.

I think their best case would have been to hire Quinn first thing this morning if they do indeed end up hiring him.

I've among others put on this thread to death that they really really liked Dan Quinn.  And he was a serious contender.

Now its forgotten, no one believes it. :ols:  And they feel that this FO's coaching list was just like their list and they've been spurned.

So if I am going to criticize them, i'll do it on this front -- they played the perception game poorly.

But personally I don't buy all their smoke on Quinn was BS.  We've heard almost as much smoke on Quinn than we have on Johnson.  So if they end up hiring him, they should have done it like 9 am in the morning versus whenever they end up doing it.

Agree.  The longer they wait the worse this looks UNLESS like you said they are high on Weaver and think he's the guy and rated him over MacDonald which I would find hard to believe but I'm a fan not a millionaire minority or majority owner.  LOL 

1 minute ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

You mean Belichick? He refused to compromise and that is why Falcons passed on Belichick

The rumor is Blank wanted to go with him, but it was the other executives who wanted to go younger.

I've been thinking about everything that went down and honestly think at this point, maybe Quinn is the best hire left.  That's just my opinion and I have no idea where he ranks with Glenn and Weaver.  But I assume whomever is our next head coach (if it's one of those 3), that they will be calling the plays on defense.

With that said, Quinn might be the best chance of turning it around faster, just based on his resume, compared to the other candidates.  I am not saying I would be happy with the following scenario, but it might be the best we can do, at least for the upcoming season.

Scenario:  

Hire Dan Quinn as HC.  Retain EB as OC (yes I know....).  Dan handles play calling on defense, EB on offense.  Making sure that Quinn knows we are going heavy on offense in the draft and FA.  Dan can pick the remaining coaching staff with Peters.

EB gave me no reason to want to retain him as a play caller, but, with our current situation and most likely having a HC on the defensive side of the ball, it makes more sense than grasping at straws at this point.  Through the draft and FA, we could really improve  our o-line, snag a QB at #2, maybe grab another stud RB and TE.  If it doesn't work, we upgrade the OC position next year.

Edited by HeHateMe75

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Hope so, otherwise Quinn etc would have been announced.