Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Who cares about Johnson that’s ancient history.

Macdonald, Quinn, Weaver and Glenn are the finalists. The braintrust will have their pow wow in the morning and make the offer.  If accepted, it leaks and Thursday or Friday we have intro presser.

I may not like the hire but the time for looking is over.  You had the interview with those 4 last 2 days, pick one. Help him ensure he can get his assistants. Then get him the players to rebuild.

If in 4-5 years he’s peaked and can’t go any further, move on.

This week is the senior bowl week. Do we someone down there?

You got your candidates, hire the one you feel is the best and get cracking on the rebuild.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Who cares about Johnson that’s ancient history.

Macdonald, Quinn, Weaver and Glenn are the finalists. The braintrust will have their pow wow in the morning and make the offer.  If accepted, it leaks and Thursday or Friday we have intro presser.

I may not like the hire but the time for looking is over.  You had the interview with those 4 last 2 days, pick one. Help him ensure he can get his assistants. Then get him the players to rebuild.

If in 4-5 years he’s peaked and can’t go any further, move on.

This week is the senior bowl week. Do we someone down there?

You got your candidates, hire the one you feel is the best and get cracking on the rebuild.

Logan Paulson is down there.... not sure if he counts though

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m convinced this is because we don’t have an OLine. Ron might have been a good dude but his destruction of the offensive line has screwed us on the coaching search. No offensive guy wants to come here and fail. Fans might be dumb and think it doesn’t matter but I’d bet there no such thing as an offensive coordinator that wants to throw short passes while being unable to run the ball as his “system”. 

Remember when Buges and Hannifan took pride in taking behemoths from the late rounds and even un-drafted ones to make them “Hogs”? Nowadays, seems like development is out the window for ROI now.

1 minute ago, triggered said:

I don’t know if this is leverage or not.

If she was raised by a family of Washington fans than she knows damn well to stay away from this place. We’re the NFL equivalent of the old murder house being on sale. We’re a fixer upper but we’ve got good bones… and more buried in the back yard. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Command The 414 said:

… and several of them are tied up till their HC wants out… Reid, John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin just to name a few… 

WHYDFML??

No coach has this lux. Some of the greatest coaches of all time were fired……

6 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

My thoughts are two things. He’s a total ass to work with or he wants some extra control. Speculating.

Also are they saying Macdonald is off the market? I do not see how you put Vrabel above him.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Strictly an assumption here but Mike Vrabel has always come across as a guy who thinks he’s the man, from his days at OSU.. to playing for BB in NE to his HC in Tennessee… also seems to come across as the smartest guy in the room, just a arora he puts out imho… again just a assumption and not fact by any stretch of the imagination… I’m probably so far off

5 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

WHYDFML??

No coach has this lux. Some of the greatest coaches of all time were fired……

KC will never fire Reid, you know that as sure as I wrote it… please… yes Andy Reid will determine his stay on KC… and please I’m old I have no idea what in the world WHYDFML even means 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

So Am kind of in this mood where, We have so many wholes we might need a Stop gap coach focus on rebuilding both sides of the ball, worry about a young QB later.  Take Harrison or naibors #1 draft OL/CB with first #2. and go from there.

5 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

My thoughts are two things. He’s a total ass to work with or he wants some extra control. Speculating.

You are not wrong, and he will not be hired as a HC during next year's cycle either.

• Like 2

Sorry to see Ben Johnson pull out of the running but if he is not 100% committed it's best. He is reminding me of Josh McDaniels. Anyway, we don't know what is gonig on in his life so I will just say, good luck and how you find what you want. 

As for those left, I will support whoever the hire is, yes even Quinn. But I have to admit I will be a little dissapointed if that's where they end up. He seems to be just a notch above Ron R but not a big notch. But who knows, maybe he figured out what wen wrong here in Atlanta. He had a QB so he know how to handle a top QB even if he is a defensive guy. Worries me that Dallas's Ds under him generally choked, at least a little bit in big games. 

I think we will know something tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, even if it's unofficially official. Leaked to the media with a formal announcment and press conference late Friday. 

My preference right now would be MacDonald then Vrable, then Weaver or Glenn with Quinn pulling up the rear. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

KC will never fire Reid, you know that as sure as I wrote it… please… yes Andy Reid will determine his stay … WHYDFML even means 

They fired Belichick, Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carrol…..

Strange **** happens, it’s a  ‘ What have you done for me lately ‘ world.

• Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

Remember when Buges and Hannifan took pride in taking behemoths from the late rounds and even un-drafted ones to make them “Hogs”? Nowadays, seems like development is out the window for ROI now.

You mean back when there was no modern Free Agency? And you could stash developmental guys on IR for years? Yes, it’s much different now.

• Like 5