Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I love the list, but I'd replace EB with Rod "He Hate Me" Smart as our run game coordinator.

Sorry, we are bringing back Trung Canidate

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So we're just going to pretend like Clinton Portis doesn't exist?

Portis is our head of PR

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I've been on this board for 20 years.  How about you, Alvin?  Peters has a track record of drafting some very good players and he reminds me of Beathard in the day.  I'm not picking the HC, Peters, Harris and Leadership is so we need to stand behind them or you can jump ship.  I choose to stand behind them, Brother.  You? :)  

I’ve been on here long enough to know when they try to stick lipstick on a pig. That’s what you’re talking about doing if we hire Quinn. Predictably disappointing. And they’ll say “Dan was our number one choice” which will be even more embarrassing.

Peters was hired to put together a top notch coaching staff (preferably offensive minded) to nurture and develop our number two pick. He looks to be stumbling a bit in that quest.  

Quinn is a safe retread. Exactly the kind of garbage we’ve hired for the past two decades. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb down 2

He's proved he wasn't the right guy for us. Rather he'd do it now than after he was hired.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ben-johnson-taking-heat-for-unprofessional-move-with-commanders/ar-BB1hv5oZ?cvid=aefe56c9947c4ca7a78e7c2bc80c58da&ei=5

>>Ben Johnson Taking Heat For 'Unprofessional' Move With Commanders<<

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From those who call him the "Screaming Idiot".  He's bringing it.  I have to repost that video of Quinn.  Let me find it.  :)  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Based on what Schlereth mentioned about his discussion with Johnson and what Johnson said today as to why he passed on the job it sounds like he wants a plug and play situation when it comes to QB. I dont think he wants to groom a rookie.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it's him, it probably makes Dallas weaker and he'll know how to beat the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giant offenses. That's a huge plus. Pair him up with a hot OC, could be a great fit.

Edited by Tyler Spiers
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’ve been on here long enough to know when they try to stick lipstick on a pig. That’s what you’re talking about doing if we hire Quinn. Predictably disappointing. And they’ll say “Dan was our number one choice” which will be even more embarrassing.

Peters was hired to put together a top notch coaching staff (preferably offensive minded) to nurture and develop our number two pick. He looks to be stumbling a bit in that quest.  

Quinn is a safe retread. Exactly the kind of garbage we’ve hired for the past two decades. 

They said Leadership, Alvin That's what they want, that's what they are apparently getting.  I didn't say that they did.  :) 

Quinn is the "safe" hire, at least it would seem from ownership's perspective. Not a future-oriented hire if you ask me, but rather another figure like RR who's supposed to build the culture and stabilize the team through a new phase of the franchise. A foundation guy (probably the kind of language they'll use for him). 

Problem is, we just did that, or tried to. I would roll the dice on Glenn or Weaver before Quinn but that's going to be their call. Hopefully they'll get the OC right, a necessity if Quinn comes aboard. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

If it's him, it probably makes Dallas weaker and he'll know how to beat the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giant offices. That's a huge plus. Pair him up with a hot OC, could be a great fit.

I'm not a huge fan of Quinn getting the job if he does, but the 1 thing that will definitely ease his hire for me (and I bet alot of ppl) will be if he gets a quality OC and other coaches as well...I still want Weaver and him to bring Greg Lewis or Tee Martin over as his OC

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I've been on this board for 20 years.  How about you, Alvin?  Peters has a track record of drafting some very good players and he reminds me of Beathard in the day.  I'm not picking the HC, Peters, Harris and Leadership is so we need to stand behind them or you can jump ship.  I choose to stand behind them, Brother.  You? :)  

This is non sense.

You can dislike a hire and still be a fan. Being a fan doesn’t require being a sheep.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 4

Just now, KDawg said:

This is non sense.

You can dislike a hire and still be a fan. Being a fan doesn’t require being a sheep.

KDawg, I'm trying to lighten the mood.  A lot of us are ticked at what went down and what's going on.  You included!  It is what it is.  We wait and see what happens.  Cool?  :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think I'd be more okay with Dan Quinn if he wore his hat straight. I know it's stupid to be annoyed by it, but seeing a 50-something dude with a white beard wearing a baseball cap backwards grinds my gears.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sinews said:

Quinn is the "safe" hire, at least it would seem from ownership's perspective. Not a future-oriented hire if you ask me, but rather another figure like RR who's supposed to build the culture and stabilize the team through a new phase of the franchise. A foundation guy (probably the kind of language they'll use for him). 

Problem is, we just did that, or tried to. I would roll the dice on Glenn or Weaver before Quinn but that's going to be their call. Hopefully they'll get the OC right, a necessity if Quinn comes aboard. 

Rivera was pretty subpar but nobody, absent Joe Gibbs, was ever gonna be successful under Dan Snyder. The man was a true loser and it permeated everything he touched. Except Gibbs because Snyder considered him a God. Which he was. He was a God.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Let’s get our own Dan Campbell in here. How about Logan Paulson?

I say go get BMitch , he loves to trash every HC that's been here so then he could see what it's like being in the hot seat....at least Jay Gruden feels that way LOL 

• Like 2

With the Sixers, Harris has hired proven guys who have won, both Doc Rivers and Nick Nurse have NBA rings and both are NBA vets. Quinn fits this mold outside of the ring which he nearly got. That being said, I think Bob the Builder is gonna make this hire as the final word. It's why Harris hired him. 

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We should get Vrabel in here for an interview, if we're looking at Quinn why not interview Vrabel. He never had consistent QB play at TN and still made the AFC championship game.

i think they should at least reach out and see if he is willing to entertain working under a GM again. And for all we know they may have done that already.

• Like 1