Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer was asked who he thinks is the favorite for the job.

He thought Quinn.  Players rave about him.  Well connected around the league.  Can deal with different personalities

At this point I am not really listening to anyone but Keim, Schefter, Pelissero or Rapaport I think lol. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer was asked who he thinks is the favorite for the job.

He thought Quinn.  Players rave about him.  Well connected around the league.  Can deal with different personalities

My reason is he's had his shot as HC.  Let a up and coming DC who has the best D in the league have a shot if the best OC in the league has issues and turned us down.  Right now, no one, not even Breer knows what's going on in Harris's, Peters, and management's minds so we wait.  I get it.  It's been a wacked out day to say the least, SIP.  :(

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

At this point I am not really listening to anyone but Keim, Schefter, Pelissero or Rapaport I think lol. 

Well if its Keim he's been talking up their interest in Quinn for weeks.

Sheehan has a tie to the ownership, close friend of one if the minority owners.  He mentioned on that Friday (actually beating Keim on it) he hears the GM hire happens that day and it did.  He mentioned that this brass digs Quinn.

I'd guess at a minimum Quinn has a strong shot.  Feels like Quinn versus McDonald.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I'd whittle is down to Keim and Schefter at this point, TNC. :) 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

So Johnson interviews with the Seahawks yesterday. Clearly they were not enamored with him, or they would have offered him a job.

Its possible then that his first interview with us didn't go that well. Or he got the vibe he wasn't gonna get an offer from us. And since he knows the Seahawks are no longer into him, he decides to bow out.

I commented last night that it was surprising we didn’t get any SEA-sourced hype about their interview last night or a leaked offer if he was their top choice. At the time I said it, I thought that was good news for us bc maybe the Seahawks knew he wanted to be here. 

Maybe there’s something to this.

5 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Can you all stop crying and whining about Johnson and respect his decision and move on? 

I hope every soda and beer can he ever opens is already shaken up 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Peters and Slowik have a very strong relationship. The facts it’s been quiet with him could simply be due to the significant delay in getting around to these playoff teams candidates. We have been committed to interview all possible high end targets, so it’s hardly a surprise we’re still waiting.

Also, we’ve kept things well under wraps, not much info coming out. Professional and respectful to all candidates.

Oh and yes I’m just trying to convince myself it’s not Quinn…..

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

My reason is he's had his shot as HC.  Let a up and coming DC who has the best D in the league have a shot if the best OC in the league has issues and turned us down.  Right now, no one, not even Breer knows what's going on in Harris's, Peters, and management's minds so we wait.  I get it.  It's been a wacked out day to say the least, SIP.  :(

He's not whom I want but I don't see him as a disaster.

You were against Raheem and then digested it more and then you wanted him.  

As I mentioned back then the two candidates that seem to have the most buzz judging by Keim among others as being loved around the league as good coaches (among the ones they were interviewing) were Quinn and Morris.  In that order. 

If I am running with things that Keim said he heard and Logan Paulsen's take from playing for Quinn -- the dude is an A level coach.  Don't get me wrong, he's not who i want.  But this wouldn't feel to me like a weird Zorn like hire if that's what he do.

I'd feel no excitement if that's who they hire but I'll get over it.  If its McDonald I'd be jazzed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Why is it a stronger possibility now?

Because there's one significant name off the board.  I don't know how many are left that are realistic or good for us.  But there's one more off the board, thus making EB's chance (although slim) stronger.

Look at this as a game of musical chairs, in other words.

23 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Bieniemy probably comes back as OC because they spent so much time screwing around with Johnson.  How many OCs have been hired since the season ended?  

I just really really doubt it.  EB won’t have ties to anyone.  I just feel pretty sure that the new coach will have someone that he wants/prefers.

16 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I've finished reading the book on the Patriots, "Better to be Feared." Excellent reading, btw. Belichick has liked quite a few people -- from his previous coordinators to players -- but only a couple of them said they could stomach working with him again, and only in the absence of viable alternative.

There aren't many people better or available to implement a culture then BB.

I never hated this idea and still don't. Long as everyone is on the same page with expectations.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well if its Keim he's been talking up their interest in Quinn for weeks.

Sheehan has a tie to the ownership, close friend of one if the minority owners.  He mentioned on that Friday (actually beating Keim on it) he hears the GM hire happens that day and it did.  He mentioned that this brass digs Quinn.

I'd guess at a minimum Quinn has a strong shot.  Feels like Quinn versus McDonald.

I will take MacDonald - unknown quantity as a HC but someone who is respected and who has a high cieling versus a guy who has experience but is another .500 retread. What will make or break the decision though is who both are proposing to bring in as OC and offensive staff. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Peters and Slowik have a very strong relationship. The facts it’s been quiet with him could simply be due to the significant delay in getting around to these playoff teams candidates. We have been committed to interview all possible high end targets, so it’s hardly a surprise we’re still waiting.

Also, we’ve kept things well under wraps, not much info coming out. Professional and respectful to all candidates.

Oh and yes I’m just trying to convince myself it’s not Quinn…..

As Keim liked to say and he said so in multiple podcasts.  Familarity and hires are a double edge sword.  The familiarity might be a boon and it actually might be a hindrance depending on the situation. 

If it ends up Slowik, they'd pull off a coup of secrecy because he's the dude that almost never gets mentioned as to who they are hot on. 

• Like 1

Personally, and like a lot of people, I like MacDonald a lot. But I just don't know what kind of staff this young man can put together, what connections he has. This is the difference with Quinn. If Quinn has the connections and respect around the league to fill out coordinators and staff with well-qualified people, well that may be the edge. All of sudden OC and to a lesser extent DC are paramount. 

My outlook this offseason is that HOG/GMAP have earned at minimum the benefit of the doubt. Clean slate. This time next year we'll have a lot more to go on. If it's Quinn, so be it. Maybe he's the stepping stone, the transition coach. If that's the case then maybe some of us pump the brakes on a quick turnaround.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

There aren't many people better or available to implement a culture then BB.

I never hated this idea and still don't. Long as everyone is on the same page with expectations.

I've also been okay with the idea of BB coming here (check my post history). Yes, he's older, but he can flip the culture of this place overnight.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not whom I want but I don't see him as a disaster.

You were against Raheem and then digested it more and then you wanted him.  

As I mentioned back then the two candidates that seem to have the most buzz judging by Keim among others as being loved around the league as good coaches (among the ones they were interviewing) were Quinn and Morris.  In that order. 

If I am running with things that Keim said he heard and Logan Paulsen's take from playing for Quinn -- the dude is an A level coach.  Don't get me wrong, he's not who i want.  But this wouldn't feel to me like a weird Zorn like hire if that's what he do.

I'd feel no excitement if that's who they hire but I'll get over it.  If its McDonald I'd be jazzed.

You can't say it better.  We agree and we know that Keim and Schefter are spot on when they post.  So, we wait.  Raheem thus far, it's early has put together a good staff.  :) 

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Aaron Glenn has pulled his name from consideration for a head coaching job this year citing unfinished business in Detroit.

The Commanders contingent were informed of his decision by carrier pigeon just after their plane landed in Detroit.

😄

Needed that CITR!  Good one!  :rofl89:

• Thumb up 1