Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I have a hard time wrapping my head around what makes someone worthy of the label “leader of men”.  Is just being loud and occasionally throwing out inspirational sounding quotes?

At this point I’d like to launch that phrase into the sun.  

Like I said earlier, leader of men is the new position flex.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

That's cool. But then why wasn't he hired already?

Couldn't the same be said for Johnson? Nobody could do 2nd interviews until after the Ravens played, seems like a lot of teams wanted their coaches in place and weren't willing to wait for him or Johnson. I mean today is Senior Bowl practice, half the league is in Mobile

Again for all the "Ben Johnson is the hottest candidate on the market" stuff the only teams who liked him so much they were willing to wait and do a 2nd interview with him were us and Seattle. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Appreciate that. I am not one step removed from the situation.

Before the process started Macdonald and Johnson were the two guys the FO wanted (Mac was even telling people this job is his). This was an actual process but Ben has been the guy for weeks. They have to hammer out a contract (years and dollars) but both sides want each other and the rest is window dressing and due diligence. 

If Ben isn't the coach it would be a 1/100 type deal, and I'll be here to say I am wrong, but I am telling you it would be a major upset. 

I obviously can't share more than that. This should be wrapped up by Wed Night/ Thursday afternoon. 

This, actually, might be your absolute best post and I actually think there may be some kind of outer circle insider information here.

Admitting it’s not a done deal, not coming in like you know for an absolute fact and giving solid info rather than making exorbitant claims that anyone following the situation could have made.

Most is still stuff that has been gleaned elsewhere, but this was the first tidbit that made me say, “hmm, he may actually have some sort of knowledge on the subject”.

Well done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Appreciate that. I am not one step removed from the situation.

Before the process started Macdonald and Johnson were the two guys the FO wanted (Mac was even telling people this job is his). This was an actual process but Ben has been the guy for weeks. They have to hammer out a contract (years and dollars) but both sides want each other and the rest is window dressing and due diligence. 

If Ben isn't the coach it would be a 1/100 type deal, and I'll be here to say I am wrong, but I am telling you it would be a major upset. 

I obviously can't share more than that. This should be wrapped up by Wed Night/ Thursday afternoon. 

I missed this, Hitman#21.  Do you have a link where he said this.  I have never seen an article or seen a video where MacDonald came out and said this.  TIA. :) 

Critical moment for the franchise as we travel to Detroit. Adam Peters and co. cannot hire a man simply because he's everyone's darling. I'm realtively certain that's not what's happening. Nevertheless, here's what Ben Johnson said before he died in 1637:

Chance will not do the work. Chance sends the breeze;
But if the pilot slumber at the helm,
The very wind that wafts us tow'rds the port
May dash us on the shoals. The steersman's part
Is vigilance, or blow it rough or smooth.

30 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Respectfully it doesn't matter what you prefer, what matters is what Peters and Harris say they want and are looking for. 

Well thank you for the news flash captain obvious. 

You do realize it doesn't matter that you prefer jayden and Macdonald right?

And that the whole purpose of being here is to discuss our preferences for the team?

What a ridiculous statement, respectfully!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, redskinss said:

Well thank you for the news flash captain obvious. 

You do realize it doesn't matter that you prefer jayden and Macdonald right?

And that the whole purpose of being here is to discuss our preferences for the team?

What a ridiculous statement, respectfully!

You responded to my post about Ben Johnson's demeanor and me saying a "gee golly" guy might not be what they're looking for by saying you don't like the rah rah type. That's cool. But the point of the post was he may not be the Alpha that many have implied (Keim several times) that they want. 

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This, actually, might be your absolute best post and I actually think there may be some kind of outer circle insider information here.

Admitting it’s not a done deal, not coming in like you know for an absolute fact and giving solid info rather than making exorbitant claims that anyone following the situation could have made.

Most is still stuff that has been gleaned elsewhere, but this was the first tidbit that made me say, “hmm, he may actually have some sort of knowledge on the subject”.

Well done. 

Thanks! Only so much that can be said.

If it happens I'll be told "everyone knew" and if it doesn't "you made it up". But this stuff is very fluid and the stuff that comes out usually is only 30% of it.

I've been here for a while and just wanted to share with all those who bleed B and G.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I missed this, Hitman#21.  Do you have a link where he said this.  I have never seen an article or seen a video where MacDonald came out and said this.  TIA. :) 

No link. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I for one am super happy that our front office is doing its diligence and calmly looking for the correct person to take charge of this thing. Some proper moves here and there and we can be a winning org again. Also, this helps get lots of eyes on a team that needs it at this point. So, there could be optics at play here as well, for one reason or another. I’d go further into the optics, but I don’t feel like it at this point.

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You responded to my post about Ben Johnson's demeanor and me saying a "gee golly" guy might not be what they're looking for by saying you don't like the rah rah type. That's cool. But the point of the post was he may not be the Alpha that many have implied (Keim several times) that they want. 

That's very true, and again I was just giving my opinion, your reply came off very snarky and if I'm wrong I apologize. 

1 minute ago, Hitman#21 said:

Thanks! Only so much that can be said.

If it happens I'll be told "everyone knew" and if it doesn't "you made it up". But this stuff is very fluid and the stuff that comes out usually is only 30% of it.

I've been here for a while and just wanted to share with all those who bleed B and G.

No link. 

Just heard it from a beat reporter then?  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Just heard it from a beat reporter then?  

You realize he's claiming inside info, right?

How would there be a link? Or why would he claim inside info if he heard it from a beat reporter?

I'm not completely sold that he has a really awesome source, but inside info claims are kind of a take it or leave it situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who knows, it might not be Johnson after all. 

Dan Campbell was the fire and brimstone guy in Detroit, and if they feel that Johnson is incapable of replicating at least some of that, despite his offensive and analytical pedigree, they might not want him. I can understand they don't want another Norv Turner here.

• Like 1

Just now, redskinss said:

That's very true, and again I was just giving my opinion, your reply came off very snarky and if I'm wrong I apologize. 

I wasn't trying to be snarky either, so apologies.

I just think a lot of people have ignored Keim's warnings. Even after Schefter said it yesterday, people have been trying to discredit him, rather than just considering they are seriously considering other candidates and its in part because they really want a commanding personality and think the team needs that most in a head coach right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You realize he's claiming inside info, right?

How would there be a link? Or why would he claim inside info if he heard it from a beat reporter?

I'm not completely sold that he has a really awesome source, but inside info claims are kind of a take it or leave it situation. 

I didn't realize that he was claiming insider info.  Not at all.  Some spell that out then they post and if he did, I missed it. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I just think a lot of people have ignored Keim's warnings. Even after Schefter said it yesterday, people have been trying to discredit him, rather than just considering they are seriously considering other candidates and its in part because they really want a commanding personality and think the team needs that most in a head coach right now. 

You've been posting some good posts.  Keep them coming.  Not what I want to hear but what all of us need to hear. :) 

Edited by RWJ

my thing is @Hitman#21 has never done this before to my knowledge and he’s been around a long time. I’m willing to listen to any poster here that has a good track record and has not previously said he knows this or that. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he has information now.

Also, I have connections from the Gibbs years. A family member worked very high up with the team. Although I was young, I was given all kinds of information about young players that the team was excited about and some background stuff. I even got a football signed by the whole ‘91 SuoerBowl squad. So, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Hitman#21 has a source,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Again for all the "Ben Johnson is the hottest candidate on the market" stuff the only teams who liked him so much they were willing to wait and do a 2nd interview with him were us and Seattle. 

First off, I do not "know" anything or privy to insider information, but, maybe 2nd interviews were not set up or scheduled because the FO's & hiring personnel for the teams hiring DO talk and there may be something in place for Ben with us.  No way of knowing, but is is odd, as you said, and seems to me as if he has almost been "slotted" to us.  Hmmmm, we shall soon know.  Hail!

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I disagree, you don't have to speak like a WWE wrestler doing an interview to command respect or be considered a leader or an alpha.

There are plenty of examples of guys who command a team well and aren't brash like Joe Gibbs, Andy Reid, Mike McDaniels just to name a few.

I personally prefer the quiet confidence over the guy who's constantly elevating his tone and demeanor, those are the ones who are confident and don't need to make sure everybody in the room knows it, that's usually more effective in my opinion. 

As much as I like Rowdy Rowdy Piper's energy I'd prefer Macho Man Randy Savage. ;)  OOOOOOO KKKKKK, I want a split right run on 3. OOOOO Kaaaaaaay. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

First off, I do not "know" anything or privy to insider information, but, maybe 2nd interviews were not set up or scheduled because the FO's & hiring personnel for the teams hiring DO talk and there may be something in place for Ben with us.  No way of knowing, but is is odd, as you said, and seems to me as if he has almost been "slotted" to us.  Hmmmm, we shall soon know.  Hail!

Possibly but every other team knew that but Seattle? Or Seattle didn't care? And Ben still agreed to meet with them anyway? 

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't know much about Weaver or Glenn and I'm not thrilled about Quinn but if they go through all of this and decide one of those 3 guys are best for the team I'll support it 100%  

Just to clarify, TNC, your talking about HC, right?  

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I get that, they said they're looking for a strong leader but I don't recall them giving any details into what qualities they believe make up a strong leader that suggest they want someone boisterous. 

That's all I was suggesting and that I prefer quiet confidence is all.