Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

It made all the sense in the world for the 49ers to give up their bonus 3rd for the chance Chase recognizes what’s in front of him and buys in.  Just like it made all the sense in the world that we took the 3rd and moved on.  

Chase though has proven he’s a lost cause.  When you get shipped to a SB contender with a contract to play for and still put out lazy tape, it’s safe to say he’s never going to get it.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’d be happy with either Johnson or MacDonald. I’d prefer Johnson because he’s on the offensive side of the ball - for the continuity reasons many in this thread have already commented on. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Which is ridiculous imo. They have had weeks to clear that threshold. 

Eh.  They’re doing the right thing by interviewing the best candidates for the job.  Raheem Morris was one, and he was hired.  Weaver and Glenn are the others and they have been coaching and they couldn’t talk to them in person yet.  

Im fine with this approach.  Get the best candidates. Talk to them. Hire the best candidate.

image.thumb.png.40ff209feeabdad0632312265bec1587.png

The Rooney Rule will take care of itself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

Can I make a request/suggestion?

How about we keep the talk of a certain defense end who plays for the 49ers out of the “moving forward” thread from here on out?

I got sucked into the conversation also.  But he’s gone, the guy who picked him is gone and now it’s time to move on.

image.jpeg.78ebe92f5227aab6dde4f135bddb8d3f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can I make a request/suggestion?

How about we keep the talk of a certain defense end who plays for the 49ers out of the “moving forward” thread from here on out?

I got sucked into the conversation also.  But he’s gone, the guy who picked him is gone and now it’s time to move on.

image.jpeg.78ebe92f5227aab6dde4f135bddb8d3f.jpeg

Let’s make it more than a suggestion. It’s now a MOD instruction.

Stay on topic if you want to talk about players on other teams take in to Around the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Young wasn’t a bad decision, it just didn’t work out.  

Yeah.... I'm not willing to give a pass to anything that happened while Snyder was the owner.  It's 100% his fault that Chase Young is a tool.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually based on all the reporting Ron wanted Chase out of the building almost no matter what and then leaked how it was addition by subtraction to … I think Standig.  

Sweat was the one he wanted to keep but Shen and Harris probably pushed more.  

But let’s not revisionist history: Young was the consensus #2 overall pick that year.  Tua had a hip issue and Herbert was not going #2.  

It didn’t work out but I don’t blame Ron for that pick.  

That said, they should have moved one of the DL immediately in that draft for something because ending up with 4 first round DL picks knowing you can’t sign all of them was roster malpractice.  Spending another 1st the next year on a LB, a second on a DT, all those + many more were horrendous decisions.  

Young wasn’t a bad decision, it just didn’t work out.  

Ron said he'd have taken anything at all for him to get him out. Sweat was only traded because the pick was great.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ron said he'd have taken anything at all for him to get him out. Sweat was only traded because the pick was great.

See my instruction a bit up the page - let’s drop this topic please.

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What does Keim’s podcast title “It’s not Ben Johnson???” Mean.

I haven’t listened yet.  I’m going with click bait until I listen.  That scoundrel.

So I listened. The title is click bate-ish.  

but it’s a good listen.  Basically, he did a podcast about the other candidates because we know what we need to know about Ben Johnson.

Keim still says the league believes it’s Johnson.  But he said that’s coming from the league not the team, so they could have different ideas.

I think it will be Johnson also. But I wouldn’t be shocked if it wasn’t. If it’s Quinn, though, the fan base is going to melt down.  And I think that will be a bit unfortunate.  

But I still think it’s Quinn to Seattle and Johnson here.  

Sometimes the obvious answer is the right answer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

but it’s a good listen.  Basically, he did a podcast about the other candidates because we know what we need to know about Ben Johnson.

Keim still says the league believes it’s Johnson.  But he said that’s coming from the league not the team, so they could have different ideas.

I think it will be Johnson also. But I wouldn’t be shocked if it wasn’t. If it’s Quinn, though, the fan base is going to melt down.  And I think that will be a bit unfortunate.  

I’m thinking we get our choice of Johnson or MacDonald.

I wouldn’t hate Quinn - but I’d rather run with Johnson or MacDonald.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really don't think Quinn is going to Seattle now. If he was their guy, why haven't they juat hired him yet? 

36 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I really don't think Quinn is going to Seattle now. If he was their guy, why haven't they juat hired him yet? 

Wondered the same.  Perhaps we are actually a premier destination now and these guys have offers but are waiting to hear what AP/ Harris has to say before committing. Hard to believe since we've been a punchline for so long but it’s possible. Plus I’d bet 90% of the sports reporters don’t actually know squat lol

Edited by ANONYMOUS SOURCE.
  • Like 3