Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A.  Seattle is annoying for surprisingly canning Carroll and entering the coaching chase.

B.  The above lacked class.

C.  I think they only do this because they have someone, likely Johnson, that they desperately want.

(Edit quote)

It's not a big surprise to those following the team to any real extent. Don't really see the classlessness either. Even with appropriate respect for Pete past and present, many fans and media people in the region have been questioning is it time or outright calling for it for several years. It's been a common theme in the area that Carrol's peaked years ago.

During their dominant years Russ got just as much or more credit as pete did for the run. A certain Mr. Quinn was the complete architect and coach during the legion of boom years.  And Pete took a lot of flack for that ill-fated, ill-chosen, call in their last sb that likely cost them another Lombardi.

Since then he's led a still-competitive team but not one seriously threatening to win their division let alone go further for years.

Then russ deteriorates, some of which gets applied to growing friction between him and Pete and reports of suggested declines in the coaching/scheming. And there's still controversy about if it would have been better to have cut Pete, not that how things have gone for Russ since then adds much to his side. But then pete throws full support behind "feel good" story geno smith, which very predictably bombs, and gets him accused of wasting a couple years on that deal.

This is an org and fan base that wants their standard to be higher than just "tough and competitive" but no regular threat at division champ let alone NFC championship or sb appearance.

As to Johnson's making a choice....with complete respect to the attractive aspects of this new ownership group, and the appealing  idea of revitalizing a once ionic franchise and healing a thoroughly dispirited fan base (and a new but yet to be done stadium) it's sure not hard for me to see how living in the Seattle area vs commander land and coaching for this fan base in their stadium, and for very big dollars, would be at minimum equally appealing. He would immediately walk into a top shelf situation here as far as setup, resources, and all trimmings.

Only Johnson's potential personal connections to the new f.o. and our draft picks would give us a real edge as far as I can see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Can someone summarize for those of us at work?  Two pages of reading and I'm confused still 😂😂

Sure I can sum it up… There are rumors that Seattle wants Ben Johnson, and will try to close the deal tonight, so we are all freaking out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for this team at least at this point, ZERO buzz about Slowik here.  I can't recall a single beat guy mention anything relating to them being hot on Slowik. 

As an aside, one of them did originally predict Slowik, can’t recall which though

9 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Can someone summarize for those of us at work?  Two pages of reading and I'm confused still 😂😂

The dirty scoundrels running the Seahawks had the audacity and unmitigated gall to schedule an interview with Ben Johnson before ours, and rather than behaving like proper gentlemen and waiting until we had a chance to interview and sign him, they've violated all propriety by offering him gainful employment while he's there!

In all my many years in business I've never seen anything so horrendous, vile, and inexcusable.

There needs to be a thorough investigation of that team with heads rolling into the gutter like bowling balls upon its conclusion.

Scandalous!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 7

I said all along and will say it again, we don't know what Johnson or any of these coaches are looking for. Harbaugh wanted to play for a West Coast team and there was a lot of appeal to him about going back to the team he once played for. 

Maybe Johnson doesn't want to deal with a rookie QB and sees something in Geno. Maybe he sees how bad this roster is and thinks Seattle is setup better. Maybe his wife or kids or whomever really wanted to live on the West Coast someday. We don't know. 

Also Johnson is not the only HC candidate out there. Maybe Weaver or Glenn or Macdonald blow them away in person and seem to have much stronger personalities/leadership qualities 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

It's not a big surprise to those following the team to any real extent. Font really see the classlessness either. Even with appropriate respect for Pete past and present, many fans and media people in the region have been questioning is it time or outright calling for it for several years. It's been a common theme in the area that Carrol's peaked years ago.

During their dominant years Russ got just as much or more credit then pete for the run. A certain Mr. Quinn was the complete architect and coach during the legion of boom years.  And Pete took a lot of flack gir that ill-fated ill-chosen call in their last sb that likely cost them another Lombardi.

Since then he's led a still-competitive team but not one seriously threatening to win their division let alone go further for years.

Then russ deteriorates, some of which gets applied to growing friction between him and Pete and reported declines in the coaching/scheming , and there's still controversy about if it would have been better to have cut Pete, not that how things have gone for Russ since then adds much to his side. But then pete throws full support behind "feel good" story geno smith, which very predictably bombs, and wasting a couple years on that deal.

This is an org and fan base that wants their standard to be higher than just "tough and competitive" but no regular threat at division champ let alone NFC championship or sb appearance.

As to Johnson's making a choice....with complete respect to the attractive aspects of this new ownership group, and the appealing  idea of revitalizing a once ionic franchise, and healing a thoroughly dispirited fan base, and a new but yet to be done stadium,  it's sure not hard for me to see how living in the Seattle area vs commander land and coaching for this fan base in their stadium, and for very big dollars, would be at minimum equally appealing. He would immediately walk into a top shelf situation here as far as setup, resources, and all trimmings.

Only Johnson's potential personal connections to the new f.o. and our draft picks would give us a real edge as far as I can see.

Clearly I’m grasping for straws, Jumbo.  Let me grasp, damn it.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Aren't the Seahawks going to be up for sale in the next year or 2? Maybe I missed that scanning previous pages.

Almost certainly. The Seahawks are controlled by a trust that basically mandates a sale after Paul Allen's death. However, there's some deal with the city of Seattle that makes it extremely cost prohibitive to sell until some deadline (the city gave some breaks provide the team didn't move or get sold). I don't recall the deadline, but it's coming up soon. Maybe by 2025?

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

This is dangerously close, if not all the way there, to being a political statement. Should stop here before it goes that way. No place in the stadium for this. 

Stop overreacting , it wasn't meant to be quoted and commented on but you've made it so by trying to play board police.

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Almost certainly. The Seahawks are controlled by a trust that basically mandates a sale after Paul Allen's death. However, there's some deal with the city of Seattle that makes it extremely cost prohibitive to sell until some deadline (the city gave some breaks provide the team didn't move or get sold). I don't recall the deadline, but it's coming up soon. Maybe by 2025?

That's coming due this spring (2024)

9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well, that's a different offer to that HC candidate who's agent is aware of this. Say its either MacDonald or Johnson. You're coming from teams where your side of the ball has the talent to perform. Now you're going to be HC which in our case, makes neither is getting the most talented roster to start with. But what you are getting is time to do it right. Your new boss (GM) said in his opening presser that they will do it right. He mention dark days when they started in San Fran. So, as a HC candidate going to a team that has their new owner and new GM and time to build a foundation and then on top of that. Plus the salary you're going to get. Not too shabby.

Nothing wrong with Seattle, but say they are sold before or during the '26 season. Again, new owners will want their own front office and staff, etc etc. That's a shorter runway....... even thought the current roster there is certainly better than Washington.

I know it shouldn’t come into play, but I find it hard to believe this team would go with Dan Quinn over Mike McDonald if Ben does go to Seattle.  How exactly do you pitch that this fanbase whose worked themselves into a frenzy over Ben Johnson and then go with a retread with a career record of 5 games under .500. 🤮 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, rockluc said:

I know it shouldn’t come into play, but I find it hard to believe this team would go with Dan Quinn over Mike McDonald if Ben does go to Seattle.  How exactly do you pitch that this fanbase whose worked themselves into a frenzy over Ben Johnson and then go with a retread with a career record of 5 games under .500. 🤮 

Because nobody told fans to work themselves into a frenzy over Ben Johnson. Peters and Harris said it would be an open and fair search. John Keim repeatedly told people that Johnson wasn't a lock and they were considering other candidates. It is 100% not their fault that fans got worked up over someone they never promised. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

If Dan Quinn is our next head coach then I quit this team forever!!! 

(not really. I just like being dramatic) 

It just hurts so much that Seattle and Ben would treat us this way. 

yes, I’m crying as I write this. That wet spot on your screen is a tear. 😢

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 3

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Because nobody told fans to work themselves into a frenzy over Ben Johnson. Peters and Harris said it would be an open and fair search. John Keim repeatedly told people that Johnson wasn't a lock and they were considering other candidates. It is 100% not their fault that fans got worked up over someone they never promised. 

Just wait to see what happens if they trade back or don't go QB in the 1st round. This place will be on harakiri watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Clearly I’m grasping for straws, Jumbo.  Let me grasp, damn it.

My apologies, bfs. I will toss you any hay bale I come across while still stuck out here in Montana.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Just wait to see what happens if they trade back or don't go QB in the 1st round. This place will be on harakiri watch.

While I certainly think its possible they won't go with Johnson.

The odds that the 3% or so of Commanders fans give or take get what they want and they don't take a QB -- I'd say the odds are almost zero, so I got no worries.

Ben Johnson is my fav candidate but i don't think its nuts for them to go elsewhere.  Them skipping QB is in the nuts category IMHO.  :ols:. So apples to oranges.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Cowboys forum fans of all people are rejoicing at our apparent misfortune!

Saying that it looks like we got outplayed and outsmarted by the SeaHawks!

Joking around that we may end up taking a burned out and washed up Quinn off their hands when we could have had the best young offensive mind on the market!

Damn them!!!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

9 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Exactly.

This fanbase needs hope in the worst way.  A single flame now burns thanks to the new owner and Peters. But it will not turn into a fire if Quinn is the hire.   He will not put butts in seats, and I feel like a huge contingent of this fanbase will be viewing that hire as a Snyderesque hire.  The dude had his shot relatively recently and had one good year.  And that's with a franchise QB and Kyle as his OC.

There's only one guy I vehemently do not want as the HC hire and that's Quinn.  It'll be 5 years of coming short and then another coaching search will begin.  NO RETREADS.

• Thanks 1