Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

*Camera pans to said agent currently calculating how many more millions per year he’ll be asking for tomorrow*

He is also the agent for Brandon Staley. So that wouldn’t be a shock at DC if he doesn’t go back to the Rams. 

• Like 1

Ben Johnson would be a great get too.  Reminds me of a modern day Joe Gibbs.  His counter trey runs and setting his O lineman up to block for the RBs and WRs but he has mixed in other schemes too.  He uses the middle of the field as we know too which makes the D play side line to side line.  Love the guy!  Solid #2 choice if we can't land MacDonald.  By the way, there are about 5:00 left in the 2nd quarter and Johnson I believe puts the dagger in th heart of SF with another score before 1/2 time.  Lions are headed to the SB as I dont' think SF recovers.  Wow! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Can Johnson bring Jahmyr Gibbs with him?

How are you so sure it's Johnson, MartinC?  Harris and big wigs are meeting with MacDonald tomorrow. They could choose MacDonald over Johnson.  

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

They just said live on the broadcast that Ben Johnson looks like he’s going to be the Commanders head coach. 

They can speculate all they want.  You can speculate too but Schefter is the best beat twitter reporter out there and says that Harris, Peters and other Washington leadership will meet with MacDonald tomorrow.  I'd say he's got just as good a chance as Johnson.  Why would he not?  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

How are you so sure it's Johnson, MartinC?  Harris and big wigs are meeting with MacDonald tomorrow. They could choose MacDonald over Johnson.  

They can speculate all they want.  You can speculate too but Schefter is the best beat twitter reporter out there and says that Harris, Peters and other Washington leadership will meet with MacDonald tomorrow.  I'd say he's got just as good a chance as Johnson.  Why would he not?  

I’m not sure. But there is a LOT of smoke about Johnson being the guy.

• Like 1

Just now, MartinC said:

I’m not sure. But there is a LOT of smoke about Johnson being the guy.

And your thoughts after reading the Schefter tweet about MacDonald meeting with Harris, Adams and the rest of the gang tomorrow.  There's not only smoke but I SEE some fire too.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

And your thoughts after reading the Schefter tweet about MacDonald meeting with Harris, Adams and the rest of the gang tomorrow.  There's not only smoke but I SEE some fire too.  

Tepper was all in on Johnson. Carolina doesn’t make their hire unless they think they are out of the Ben Johnson sweepstakes. Ben Johnson would also not outright turn down Carolina unless he has a handshake deal with Washington. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Looks like we’re going to have to wait two more weeks. Johnson is just putting on a clinic.

We still are able to interview Johnson and Aaron Glenn on Tuesday too.  I don't think that changes anything.  I'll leave that one in the hands of @Skinsinparadise or others that are more knowledgeable.  :)  

Harris, Peters and Washington leadership have a tough call to make.  I think this game was over with after the Lions made it 21-7.  Too much momentum.  Campbell has built something special in Detroit and Ben Johnson is the best OC in the game today, hands down.  But there's the other side of the ball too, defense.  Mike MacDonald has shut down most if not all of them and Baltimore's O lost the game for them today.  Not Mike MacDonald and their D.  

2 minutes ago, SkinsNatsFan said:

Yes, that was posted a few pages back.  We have seen this.  

• Like 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Harris, Peters and Washington leadership have a tough call to make.  I think this game was over with after the Lions made it 21-7.  Too much momentum.  Campbell has built something special in Detroit and Ben Johnson is the best OC in the game today, hands down.  But there's the other side of the ball too, defense.  Mike MacDonald has shut down most if not all of them and Baltimore's O lost the game for them today.  Not Mike MacDonald and their D.  

To me, it comes down to who the coordinators are. MacD or Johnson are sort of a wash. Both are great

• Like 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

I missed a lot of the Lions/49ers game but from what I've seen, it doesn't look like Chase Young is doing much. Trading him was a great move.

He is not doing ****.  And on top of that the announcer said something to the effect how ineffective their 4 man rush is. Sound familiar?  

One quote I focused on was the fact that Johnson listens to his players and makes adjustments.  See I never thought Bienemy would do that. He is just sort of rigid. 

I leave with this.  Really it boils down to will Harris, Peters and Washington leadership choose Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald.  It's that simple.  Tough choice to make as both are great at what they do as coordinators, Ben Johnson as OC and Mike MacDonald as DC.  One of them will be our HC.  :)  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Looks like we’re going to have to wait two more weeks. Johnson is just putting on a clinic.

How insufferable is The Screaming Idiot going to be when we hire Johnson?

This town's media and Dan Snyder were a match made in hell.

It would be amazing for some new blood to push some of these guys out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1