Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, that's why its gone up for me from like 80% or so to like 90%.  It would be even higher if I didn't keep hearing Quinn's name mentioned.  If Quinn gets hired by Seattle I would feel even better.

He's interviewing for a second time in Seattle.  It was reported.  

• Like 4

I am by no means in the know, I just use common sense and do a lot of research and put the dots together.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  Remember I said this and this is what Breer said about Slowik in Hotlanta.  

"Slowik really impressed the brass in his Zoom interview "  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I am by no means in the know, I just use common sense and do a lot of research and put the dots together.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  Remember I said this and this is what Breer said about Slowik in Hotlanta.  

Atlanta to me is the hardest read, depending on what you read.  They've interviewed everyone.  So nothing they do would surprise me.

With Seattle most seems to be about Vrabel and Quinn.

But yeah it does almost feel like all the talk about Ben Johnson being Washington's guy is playing out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I am on twitter all the time, I've been keeping track of all the hires, and I saw that tweet as well, it was also posted by someone before you posted it here. I also read everything I can on espn, the Athletic, etc, so i don't think I am behind anyone here as to what people are saying

Slowik has not been the ONLY candidate hyped to Atlanta.  It's just the most recent tweet that's all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Atlanta to me is the hardest read, depending on what you read.  They've interviewed everyone.  So nothing they do would surprise me.

With Seattle most seems to be about Vrabel and Quinn.

But yeah it does almost feel like all the talk about Ben Johnson being Washington's guy is playing out.

My guy, MacDonald!  😢  Really wanted him and he kicked very Ben's butt in regular season play 38-6!  I am happy with Ben Johnson as a strong #2 and we need a QB desperately.  Mac couldn't help with that.  Now, let's move our attention to who will be the DC.  I am hoping that Baltimore lets Weaver go as we will do a face to face with him on 1/29, Monday.  We get him, we are set!!! 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am on twitter all the time, I've been keeping track of all the hires, and I saw that tweet as well, it was also posted by someone before you posted it here. I also read everything I can on espn, the Athletic, etc, so i don't think I am behind anyone here as to what people are saying

Slowik has not been the ONLY candidate hyped to Atlanta.  It's just the most recent tweet that's all.

I know, SIP.  :)  But I pointed out in bigger text the impressing during the virtual meeting and I used that to back my claims of Ben doing that in his.  :)  

36 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Such is life.

Trust me-- the disparity only gets  worse as the years and the decades fade away; the slow attrition of old friends, family, and loved ones and worst of all outlasting some of their children leaves permanent scars in your hardening soul.

Until one day you look around and you're suddenly the oldest person in nearly every room or situation that you encounter.

And you whisper to yourself the constant mantra, "Do not go gently into that good night..."

After reading that i am now truly depressed and am asking myself the question of why even bother.

holy crap. 😂

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

After reading that i am now truly depressed and am asking myself the question of why even bother.

holy crap. 😂

Do you backtrack and read what came before the reply?  :)  

Atlanta isn’t going with Bill.  Mcvay isn’t giving up his power and Atlanta likes their Gm.   So, Bill will be shut out this year.

Next year will probably be his only shot.

Potential openings in Philly, Dallas , NY Giants, Chicago, Buffalo, NY Jets, New Orleans, Tampa and Jacksonville.

Some of those teams, if open, would be better suited for Bill and some of those owners would be willing to give Bill all the power he had in New England.

If Bill can’t secure a job next year; then he’s retired for good, whether he likes it or not.

4 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

holy crap. 😂

Cheer up, Life is a beach ! ;)

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Theoretically, you'd need to see how Campbell/ the Lions do after losing Johnson and how DeMeco Ryans/Stroud do after losing Slowik (if they lose Slowik) before pronouncing that losing these coordinators doesn't matter.

We saw what happened to Sirianni after losing his coordinators, so it's not some bunk concern...

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is sort of the Keim point as to not counting Raheem and Quinn, especially Quinn out.  They both call plays.  People fixated on that alone.  But they are looking for a motivational leader type with vision and supposedly they both are strong on that count especially Quinn.

I think Johnson gets it still.  From what I read, he comes off as sort of a medium level motivational type -- but part of his charm is he's a great communicator and is flexible.  Keim mentioned an insider type he talked to told him having those qualities is half the battle to be a good HC.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Theoretically, you'd need to see how Campbell/ the Lions do after losing Johnson and how DeMeco Ryans/Stroud do after losing Slowik (if they lose Slowik) before pronouncing that losing these coordinators doesn't matter.

We saw what happened to Sirianni after losing his coordinators, so it's not some bunk concern...

This times 1,000. Next year, if Johnson leaves and the Lions regress, which seems likely, everyone will be saying, “That’s why you hire an offensive minded play caller”. 

Ditto Houston after Slowik leaves. 

And I think it’s 1,000 more important with a young QB that you’re breaking in. If we had Kirk Cousins, no big deal. Dude is old and knows the game. 

I’m gonna be soooooo much more confident in Drake Maye being good if we land Johnson/Fraley. Johnson, Fraley and Peters would give him the absolute best shot to maximize his talent. It’s the opposite of handing a 5th round QB the keys under Rivera and Bienemy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's a huge mistake for Canales.

I dont know. He got an offer that I am sure included backing up the Brinks truck, gets to work with a talented young QB and the guy is cool as a cucumber. I didnt expect him to get hired this cycle. But I dont blame him for taking the cash either. 

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

So basically the rest of the league knows Johnson is coming here, is that right ?

I dont know. Atlanta is sending a contingent to Detroit to interview him next week as well. And Arthur Blank has a ton of money. And a team stacked with offensive weapons. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Sad 1