Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

52 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I think QB at 2 is still pretty likely.  I guess the team could surprise us, but I'm sticking with that for now.

I could see the higher 2nd pick having a QB that teams 10ish spots back would want to trade up.  I think something like 2 (36) for 2 (~46) and a 3rd or 4th/5th would still put Commanders in decent place for 2nd round.  4th rounder to start day 3 is the 2nd pick, so more time to work out trades and could probably add 1/2 picks in the 5-7 round range.  I think we'll see at least a little movement and have more than 9 total drafted players when it's all said and done, but I don't think it'll be using the overall #2.  

I would be curious the approach on future picks.  I don't know how much Peters teams went in that direction and will be curious if we'll see more of that now.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident we're going QB at 2. Even more I'm pretty confident it will be Maye with Williams going 1 to Chicago or somewhere else (not here though). 

Or are you saying that someone else will trade up for a QB at 2. Maybe. 

Anyway, here are the top pics from the 2023 draft. (according to PFR) Its interesting 

1. CJ Stroud (1.2)

2. Puka Nacua (5.177)

3. Jahmyr Gibbs (1.12) 

4. Bijan Robinson (1.8)

5. Zay Flowers (1.22)

6. Anton Harrison (1.27)

7. Sam LaPorta (2.34)

8. Jayden Reed (2.50)

9. O'Cyrus Torrence (2.59)

10. Paris Johnson (1.6)

11. Darnell Wright (1.10)

12. Steve Avila (2.36)

13. Rashee Rice (2.55)

14. Will Anderson (1.3)

15. Jordan Addison (1.23)

16. Dalton Kincaid (1.25)

17. Cody Mauch (2.48)

18. Byron Young (3.77)

19. Josh Downs (3.79)

20. De'Von Achane (3.84)

21. Bryce Young (1.1)

I could keep going but the payoff is less and less the further down you go and you start to see that most of the top pics are in the first and second (minus that steal in the 5th). 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah, I'm pretty confident we're going QB at 2. Even more I'm pretty confident it will be Maye with Williams going 1 to Chicago or somewhere else (not here though). 

Kliff Klingsbury is interviewing with Chicago for the OC job. He was coaching QBs at USC this last season. 

It’s not hard to connect those dots. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

6. Anton Harrison (1.27)

7. Sam LaPorta (2.34)

9. O'Cyrus Torrence (2.59)

12. Steve Avila (2.36)

17. Cody Mauch (2.48)

4 reachable good OL we should have taken plus of course I can't skip LaPorta!

Also, before his injury I am certain Gonzo would have made the list...remind me again why we took the toothpick and Quan...

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah that’s a pretty big clue isn’t it.

Someone has to play Daddy to Celeb Caleb. 

25 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Find this interesting with Ms Josina posting about Billy B. being a done deal in Hotlanta barring a snag.  Wonder if Mikey will be a snag?

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

Damn it, Atlanta is going to beat us to BB

Whilst I didn’t want him, I would pause on thinking that’s a bad move for the Falcons. BB might just have plenty left and shut a few people up. Maybe.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

BB is gonna sign Kirk and cook down there in ATL I bet.

Sucks for whichever minority candidates they bring in to satisfy the Rooney Rule. A big reason I'm anti-quotas but don't want to veer into Tailgate territory. But I do feel for the candidates who are gonna get brought in as a sham. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Whilst I didn’t want him, I would pause on thinking that’s a bad move for the Falcons. BB might just have plenty left and shut a few people up. Maybe.

Many will consider me wrong but I don't think Billy B. becomes the HC in name and folk lore unless he has Tom Brady as his QB.  

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

My gut with Bill is his well is running dry and his style (the patriot way) will never work again in the NFL