Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

if we do land Peters I wonder if the NE connection brings Vrabel into the picture.

Not sure but Vrabel was drafted by Pittsburgh and signed in 2001 as a free agent to Pats.  Peters wasn't there at a scout unti 2003

• Like 1

It feels kind of odd to me that there were several reports narrowing our search down to two names and the second interviews haven't even occurred and we won't know until next week.

What if both these guys start receiving interest from multiple other teams that have had recent openings like the patriots and both decide they would like to go somewhere else?

If that scenario plays out (which I don't expect it to just contemplating worse case) suddenly our first class search for a new gm is going to look totally incompetent. 

We'd have lots of egg on our face if that happens, let's hope this gets wrapped up quickly or there's already a handshake deal in place because I don't want this new regime starting off on the wrong foot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It feels kind of odd to me that there were several reports narrowing our search down to two names and the second interviews haven't even occurred and we won't know until next week.

What if both these guys start receiving interest from multiple other teams that have had recent openings like the patriots and both decide they would like to go somewhere else?

If that scenario plays out (which I don't expect it to just contemplating worse case) suddenly our first class search for a new gm is going to look totally incompetent. 

We'd have lots of egg on our face if that happens, let's hope this gets wrapped up quickly or there's already a handshake deal in place because I don't want this new regime starting off on the wrong foot.

Both Peters and Cunningham have already told other teams to take them off consideration. Its going to be one of these two.

How many teams even have GM openings? The Pats already promoted Mayo to HC and will probably maintain their current FO structure.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

49 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Doesn't matter still have to do the two interviews.  Didn't Dan Synder get a warning when he hired Rivera?  He thought because he hired Rivera, who was Hispanic, he didn't need to do a second interview with a minority candidate, which was incorrect.

I jus read an article the NFL approved this actual succession plan when it was submitted by the Patriots a while ago and thats why they aren't saying anything.

What are we even arguing about here?  As @Sacks 'n' Stuff proved via the scientific process of looking at him, Jared Mayo is Black.

Pick your battles yall, I'm not offended here.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Both Peters and Cunningham have already told other teams to take them off consideration. Its going to be one of these two.

How many teams even have GM openings? The Pats already promoted Mayo to HC and will probably maintain their current FO structure.

It was my understanding that those two said that last year and not this year but that may have been incorrect. 

I was reading an article this morning that the patriots are searching for a new gm.

Edited by redskinss

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Both said that, huh?

What if we hiring both for different positions?

Peters over Cunningham?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah. I know it’s weird, but we aren’t the **** team anymore that has to overpay or used as leverage.

We are easily the best or second best spot for a GM to come to.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It was my understanding that those two said that last year and not this year but that may have been incorrect. 

Incase reading an article this morning that the patriots are searching for a new gm.

No, its been reported by multiple people that both Peters and Cunningham have told other teams to take them off consideration. They both either are going to get the job here or return to their previous jobs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Could it be possible they'd fill different roles here? Not sure what that would be, but...

Yes that is also a possibility but I don't see that happening. I think both guys wanna be the head honcho.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

No, its been reported by multiple people that both Peters and Cunningham have told other teams to take them off consideration. They both either are going to get the job here or return to their previous jobs.

I think Harris’ desired outcome is Peters as President of Football Ops and Cunningham is GM. We’ll see if they both agree to this structure. It’s a promotion in title and responsibility to both of them but if they’re not happy with that structure then it may just be one or the other. 

But my best bet right now is both are hired in the above structure. It speaks volumes to how this franchise is now viewed as a desired spot that a guy like Peters would only take an interview here when he refused to take any interviews previously. 

People around the league are optimistic and want to be a part of bringing this franchise back and that’s an awesome feeling even if it doesn’t result in immediate success. 

If top candidates for all positions (Peters, Cunningham and Ben Johnson) all end up here I will be blown away and that’s the direction it seems that it is headed. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

From my understanding, they refused interviews in previous years and neither Cunningham or Peters have turned down any interviews this offseason.  Ian Rappaport also reported that the Patriots will be looking to hire a new GM.

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Could it be possible they'd fill different roles here? Not sure what that would be, but...

While that would be a awesome 1-2 punch for us as fans of the Commanders and the franchise itself I don’t see either accepting that role solely cause they’ve both done the things necessary and correctly to be the person with full authority to run a franchise by themselves 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobNotBlob said:

From my understanding, they refused interviews in previous years and neither Cunningham or Peters have turned down any interviews this offseason.  Ian Rappaport also reported that the Patriots will be looking to hire a new GM.

I also heard JP Finlay, either on his radio or podcast, explain that when he made the tweet about them both turning down other jobs it was for years previous, not this year...

EDIT: Moot point now.  Let's celebrate!

Edited by Bifflog

Does anyone else right now w/the news of the Peters hire actually feel that as a fan of this team for as long as you’ve been is actually rooting for a real team now? Finally a off season where we can celebrate a huge hiring of someone a lot of other teams would love to have as GM… wow can’t remember this feeling as a fan of this franchise for a long long time…. Almost wanna cry out of excitement and I’m 52… you know how bad it has hurt rooting for this team over all these years… I’m sure a lot of you share my sentiments 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3