Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, ntotoro said:

I'm assuming their contracts either expire this year or some have overlap and the new Staff will choose who stays and who goes. Guys like EB will expire soon.

Hopefully they all go. 

I think EB is signed until next year

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

****in Harbaugh, really?  Spurrier 2.0, except Harbaugh doesn't have the lips to flap.

Harbaugh has great success in the NFL already. 

I would love Harbaugh, but would have to be under the assumption that he's under a GM/Director of Football Opps. and we don't have Rivera 2.0. And if Harbaugh demands full control (which he very well may) I would guess this committee/ownership group would look elsewhere. 

There's a diff. between "interested and targeting" and "hiring" ... we could get to the interview process and determine it's not a fit.

We'll see.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****in Harbaugh, really?  Spurrier 2.0, except Harbaugh doesn't have the lips to flap.

I disagree , and he was one of the best coaches last time he coached the nfl. I can’t see how he wouldn’t translate well here , he’s one of those retread coaches that can be successful. 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Harbaugh has great success in the NFL already. 

I would love Harbaugh, but would have to be under the assumption that he's under a GM/Director of Football Opps. and we don't have Rivera 2.0. And if Harbaugh demands full control (which he very well may) I would guess this committee/ownership group would look elsewhere. 

There's a diff. between "interested and targeting" and "hiring" ... we could get to the interview process and determine it's not a fit.

We'll see.

No retreads.  

Look, I'm as excited about Rivera getting ****canned as anyone else, I'm as excited about Harris as anyone else, too.  I think the Myers hiring is extremely interesting and cool.  

While Snyder is gone and that's a huge, huge, huge factor, we all have to acknowledge that the new ownership could boof the pooch on this one, too.

1 minute ago, Ghost of said:

You forget he went to the SB with the Niners? Lmao what a **** take. 

Nope, didn't forget, just don't want him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Define “a lot worse”.  Sure, maybe a handful of guys are ranked lower than him - but he’s been an absolute tragedy.  I don’t think we can afford to cut him, but I have zero hope he’s going to be a player in this league.

Plainly, he’s an average to above average NFL corner at this point in his young career. I think our glasses are a bit rose colored so he’s obviously the worst corner ever to play football and should quit or we should cut him immediately.  

I get it, we didn’t like the pick last spring, and he’s not Sauce Gardner, but he does check the box of NFL corner = human being capable of running fast and mimicking NFL wide receiver movements ~80% of the time.  That equates to him staying on the roster as he’s under contract. Not sure why some of you guys are losing your minds by my stating the obvious… 

Id like to see a competent defensive coordinator and scheme with current personnel before we cut bait, but folks are foaming at the mouth. Patience Daniel Son.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Plainly, he’s an average to above average NFL corner at this point in his young career. I think our glasses are a bit rose colored so he’s obviously the worst corner ever to play football and should quit or we should cut him immediately.  

I get it, we didn’t like the pick last spring, and he’s not Sauce Gardner, but he does check the box of NFL corner = human being capable of running fast and mimicking NFL wide receiver movements ~80% of the time.  That equates to him staying on the roster as he’s under contract. Not sure why some of you guys are losing your minds by my stating the obvious… 

Id like to see a competent defensive coordinator and scheme with current personnel before we cut bait, but folks are foaming at the mouth. Patience Daniel Son.

The extreme overreactions on this board are too much sometimes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Seriously, average to above average?

I said we can’t afford to cut him, but average to above average is 😂.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ben OK, Aaron Glenn?  The #1 D in the NFL is in Baltimore.  Request and interview with MacDonald from Baltimore!  

I'm sure the Baltimore interviews will leak today 🙂

With what we've heard about Harris, he will be very thorough.  Not gonna read too much in to who they interview at this point.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We jus disagree on Forbes being decent in coverage, I don't see PFF or other posters saying differently, jus you:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/emmanuel-forbes/124166

I don't have beef with Jamin, he keeps getting in trouble, and what I'd like in a culture change is less patience for that.  Comes across as enabling.

How many holes do you want to avoid creating on the arguably the worst defense in this franchise history?  Keeping the band together is exactly what Ron would do.

Ok, agree to disagree, but E. Forbes will be in camp next fall and playing football for the Commanders next season. If not I’ll come in and admit i was wrong. Same with Jamin. 

We have roughly 60M in cap space and roughly  8 picks in the draft. Some of that money has to re-sign guys we’d like to keep e.g. Curl How many holes do you think 60M fills? Presently We need: 2 DE, 2 LB, 2CB, 1SS, 3OL, 1TE, 1RB, 1WR, and 1QB. But you want to cut a bunch of guys too creating more holes to fill?  Not on board with that!  We are not an expansion team.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shouldn’t the new GM be scheduling the head coach interviews? 

Looks like they're doing that similtaniously. Some are already coming out like Glenn Cook from Browns

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shouldn’t the new GM be scheduling the head coach interviews? 

That's what some would like but it's Harris's 6 billion dollar show.  

• Thumb up 1