Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I wouldn't fret too much over the Marty's still being here. Free agency and draft prep is ongoing so they are probably just there for those day to day duties until the new GM/Team Prez decides what to do with them.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bantu said:

I wouldn't fret too much over the Marty's still being here. Free agency and draft prep is ongoing so they are probably just there for those day to day duties until the new GM/Team Prez decides what to do with them.  

So far, Harris deserves the benefit of doubt.  His first rodeo to speak as Owner finding his new GM and HC.  So far it's unique!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is great, but is anyone else a bit worried that there's zero mention of a GM?

I'm worried a little that both Martins are being retained through the hiring process of the new Head of Football Ops and Head Coach.  Then those two new hires will determine the fate of both Martins.  Isn't this a little backwards?  Shouldn't we be looking for a new Head of Football Ops and GM BEFORE hiring the coach?  I'm not so sure I like the sound of this.  Certainly not the order that I was expecting....

Edited by Redwards

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So we are keeping the GM to help find a new head coach, then determining if they will stay or not afterwards....I don't like this approach.  Thinking outside the box and bringing in Myers is one thing, letting the current GM and Executive VP of Football/Player Personnel assist in any way turns me off.  They needed to clean house and should have started looking for a new VP and GM before the season ended and hired them immediately after, imo.

I think you're mis-reading this.

You need to have people in positions just to continue league operations.  That's what's going on.  They will not be involved in the search, they will be involved in the transition.  This is fairly common in other businesses.  I'd bet both of them were given some type of a retainer package this morning, which pays them through some date (March?) and locks them in to keeping the lights on while the rest of the organization is turned over.  But they won't have the authority to DO anything. 

I think it's pretty smart for Josh to create a "small counsel" with a former GM, an outside-the-NFL exec, Magic and a few others to find the long-term people.  They are going to do the interviews and hire the next set of people. 

Personally, I LOVE the fact they are not going to hire a GM and then have the GM hire the coach.  I really hate that approach.  I like this one a lot more. Get a group of smart people to search for a head of football operations and head coach together.  They might add a GM in there as well at some point, or the head of football ops might be the GM. 

It's being done wholistically.  I love this approach.  It's one that works in general business all the time. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I have a stupid meeting at 1. I may quit my job to listen to this.

I imagine it will be recorded and posted on the interwebs for you to listen to later so you don't have to make a life altering decision.

But, you do you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With The Warrior dude hired could Ian Cunningham be a favorite?  Cunningham's Dad was well known throughout the NBA.  Ian could lead to Baltimore or Philthy.  Baltimore, I hope.  

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This is great, but is anyone else a bit worried that there's zero mention of a GM?

I'm worried a little that both Martins are being retained through the hiring process of the new Head of Football Ops and Head Coach.  Then those two new hires will determine the fate of both Martins.  Isn't this a little backwards?  Shouldn't we be looking for a new Hot Football Ops and GM BEFORE hiring the coach?  I'm not so sure I like the sound of this.  Certainly not the order that I was expecting....

Head of Football Ops is a vague title.  They probably just aren’t sure yet if that will be a President or GM who will be the “head”.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The evaluation will take 4 seconds and they will be out the door.  

They need people to come into the office and pick up the phone and keep the paper moving from one side of the desk to the other.  College scouting is ongoing, so they need people to make sure the scouts turn in their reports, everything is reviewed, etc. etc. etc.

There is a lot of work to do and most likely we won't have a Head of Football Ops/Head Coach until after the superbowl.  You can't shut down operations for 2 months while you search for new people.

But sure as the sun rises in the east, Martin and Marty will be replaced.  But they need to find the new boss first, and they need somebody to work the mail room, which is essentially what they are doing until they are replaced.

So everybody who's all of a sudden gotten tense, just relax.  Trust the process.  (See what I did there?)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

And don't overreact to this either.  It would be sheer negligence not to call literally every candidate available.  That doesn't mean "interest."  

Gotta think of who the source is here: It wouldn't be the new guy who's JUST been asked to help with an executive search.  Those people will never tell you anything.

It's Harbaugh's agent trying to drum up interest.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think all these dude will be gone in short order, but having a transition contingency is probably the pragmatic way to go about this.

Somebody's got to work the mail room, place uber eats orders for the scouting staff, and pick up the phone when Roger calls.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

It's only been a few minutes but the most impressive thing is Bob Meyers is going to be involved in finding the next GM and coach

Bob Meyers is a very, very smart man. Used to be a GM who built the Splash Brothers in the NBA. @The Evil Genius can vouch for his talent.

This was a very difficult year. But the light at the end of the tunnel is coming!

Lol how do we hire him but the wizards couldn’t .

im glad we got this guy tho basketball or not he knows a winning formula .