Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Anybody see the Stephen A Smith video about Ron. I think the writing's on the wall. Magic is being tame but Stephen is saying he knows something. I don't know if that's just him being him or him knowing Magic. 

IDK. Ron is definitely on the hot seat after this. IMO, Our team is the "get right" team for other teams right now.

I don't want Ron to start tearing **** down and trading players away at the deadline.  Whoever comes in will inherit a bit of a mess but I'd like to see if we can win with this D-line at some point.  

Dunno.  But another part of me thinks we should just trade everything/everyone away for massive amounts of picks.  I'm talking trading Chase, Payne, Allen, Sweat, BSJ, Curl, Terry...****ing everybody.  I mean, everyone's gotta go, just trade everyone, bring in guys out of the parking lot, get picks, have a really ****ty rest of the year, let Brissett take the lumps the rest of the way, fire Ron, get a real GM and a forward thinking head coach at the end of the season and really just build from scratch.  

I love Terry but I hate seeing him waste his talent here.  I like Payne and the rest of the D-line, too (not Chase though) but these guys aren't winning here anytime soon.  If I were calling the shots, I'd feel an obligation to get those guys to a team where they can win.  

I just want to see everyone gone.  Take some more losses, whatever, there's nothing that can be done to me as a fan that hasn't already been done.  

What a goddamn ****ing mess.

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

It’s not just the O’Line though, it’s the lack of adjustment to play around the limitations of the O’Line. 

No one on the Giants OL yesterday would start for us. But their OC knew it was a problem so didn’t ask his QB to take constant 5 step drops or run slow developing play action. He threw some fades, moved his QB around, gave him quick easy throws. Knew it would be tough to run but stayed with it and showed some variety. He found a way to get production from a very average QB and an OL that was full of guys they signed off practice squads a week ago.

I still don’t know what our offensive game plan coming into the game was, the play calling was flat embarrassing and it took a whole half to make simple adjustments that bozos like us were screaming for after the first series.

Coaching and personnel decisions are killing us. And all of that ultimately is Riveras responsibility.

I had to come back to this post.

Since reading it 4 hours ago I keep seeing the old Jim Mora playoff rant with the word "playoffs" being changed to  "ajustments"

Adjustments, are you kidding me, adjustments, I just hope we can win a game

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Don't get me wrong, I want all the assets we can get and a fresh start next season would be great. I don't think Ron is doing anything that will push away wins this season and he knows there's no reason to build for tomorrow.

I just think RonMart will absolutely **** it up like he has in the past.

We have the cap to resign pretty much everyone and we have a very good roster that's being poorly managed.

I kind of go back and forth about how I'd approach this offseason. Bring everyone back, sign a veteran high end MLB like David or Wagner, sign a LT like Smith from the Cowboys and draft a RT in the first and then go compete or let everyone walk and do kind of an NFL version of "The Process" like the Dolphins did two years ago. Let the team go empty, don't bring any decent FAs in, collect a bunch of comp picks, trade anyone worth a high pick and plan on restarting the build in 2025. 

Our next GM and HC will have a very long line of rope to build their team with.

With the exception of Wylie, I don't think the players are as bad as they seem. There is talent, but they don't play like a unit and they're obviously not well oached.

Gates gets blown up way too much and it's always at the worst time, but that's the way it goes for the line. I am not cutting Swift or Young and ridding it out, LB is a big problem. I would cut a couple interior OL and eat the dead money for Gates. Let the young guys get a shot. Maybe Wylie too, get it over with now. 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am really losing all faith in PFF.  I realize it’s not meant to be the end all, be all.  My god man, how is Jamin Davis not one of the lowest graded Commanders yesterday?

How was St Juste so highly rated. He got burned deep a few times and I think a 3rd was just out of bounds / dropped.

A big deep play against should heavily weigh in on a DB grade. Lets just call it yards allowed. 2? You failed.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

Just now, RandyHolt said:

How was St Juste so highly rated. He got burned deep a few times and I think a 3rd was just out of bounds / dropped.

A big deep play against should heavily weigh in on a DB grade. Lets just call it yards allowed.

That too.

Perhaps they gave him pity points for being lined up against a guy he didn’t belong lined up against.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am really losing all faith in PFF.  I realize it’s not meant to be the end all, be all.  My god man, how is Jamin Davis not one of the lowest graded Commanders yesterday?

Just looked it up 61 overall grade but 46 grade in coverage which is abysmal.

My thing about PFF is their overall grades can be mysterious and weird.  When you see their grades broken up by category, they often but not always make more sense.   when I look at it for draft prospects, I am interested in their breakdown grades because they often give a window as to the players strengths and weaknesses.  But their aggregate grades are often odd.  What makes it even odder is their draft analysts don't seem factor the aggregate grades much.  I noticed some of their analysts like players with poor overall grades and dislike (Stromberg is one of those cases) dudes they graded highly on their metrics.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That too.

Perhaps they gave him pity points for being lined up against a guy he didn’t belong lined up against.

I can see PFF giving out pity points if he is covering AJ Brown all day and surrendered 37.5 / reception on his watch. Hyatt has 9 career receptions and 0 TDs and we have a top rated DL... his rating should be abysmal since the G OL was terrible and sporting their backup QB. 

• Like 1

Gates name is so damn literal. He forgets to lock it and just leaves it open for everyone to get through. Then he acts like a tough guy after the plays. Nah man, act like a tough guy during the plays. 

I don’t want to trade every vet we have, but some I’m good with. We really need some solid players to stick around to teach some of the younger guys how to be a pro. I’m thinking Allen, Payne, McClaurin. I’d really like to see Young and Gibson stick, but starting to doubt whether or not they will.

I can’t see anyone wanting to re-sign here that is a free agent.

Eric Bienimey is not going to coach here next year. He hasn’t shown any of the qualities that a good coach should. His game plans suck, his adjustments suck, and he yells a lot and doesn’t get results. If your going to be an old yeller, you must get results or you will not be around long.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

How about Gates ,OL.

I am starting to go through it. 

Wow does Gates make the point that PFF's aggregate scores need fixing, just judging by THEIR own metrics.  I was making this point to @KDawg in a discussion on another thread.

So ok, lets say someone wants to make the case that Gates isn't as bad as we say.  They can cite his 52.9 overall grade yesterday and go see!!!

But then you cut through it. They gave him a 72 grade in run blocking even though they barely run the ball.  And his pass blocking grade was 26.1.  26.1, wow.  that is one of the worst pass blocking scores I've seen for a player playing a full game.

So if PFF is going to destroy Gates as a pass blocker which was his primary task in their game -- how can they give him  52.9 overall score?  Not that 52.9 is good.  It's bad but its not awful.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I can see PFF giving out pity points if he is covering AJ Brown all day and surrendered 37.5 / reception on his watch. Hyatt has 9 career receptions and 0 TDs and we have a top rated DL... his rating should be abysmal since the G OL was terrible and sporting their backup QB. 

I’m not big on St. Juste in general, all of his pea****ing when he’s burnt toast and the QB makes a bad throw, receiver drops it, etc. annoys the piss out of me.

But when he does play well, it’s being physical with bigger receivers as opposed to speedsters.  I didn’t like the matchup.

• Thumb up 1