FWIW, here is Philly's schedule over the next 7 weeks:

Miami

@ Wash

Dallas

Bye

@ KC

Buffalo

SF

IF we can somehow right the ship and win the next 2 weeks we are back in the division mix.

We need to steal a game to balance out the brutal Bears loss, may as well be vs Philly at home. 

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

The last 6 games are brutal and we will be lucky to get two wins out of those.

I don't see another path to 9 wins unless we win 4 of the next 5. 

The games vs Miami and SF are going to be mega tough, but this team can still battle with Dal@ss who's been jeckly/hyde.  The Jets may be tough may not as much as first feared.  The Rams could be shootout with this this defense.

• Like 2

San Fran likely has the West. Detroit likely has the North. Either Dallas or Philly will have the East and the non division winner, likely 4th seed.

Tampa, New Orleans and Atlanta battling for South or wild card.

Really the race is for 6th and 7th seed.

Plenty of 3 win teams:

Tampa: 3-2, leading South

Seattle: 3-2, current 6th seed

LA: 3-3, current 7th seed

8th seed: Washington: 3-3

9th seed: Atlanta: 3-3

10th seed: New Orleans: 3-3

Right now, these are the teams battling for 6th and 7th place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kleese said:

I’d say a solid chance an 8-9 team makes it in this year and I’d be really surprised if any 9+ win teams miss out. You likely won’t be “out of the race” until you lose your 10th game this year. 

The only 8-9 team might be from the South. Tampa made playoffs at 8-9 as South champs last year.

Though Ron making playoffs at 8-9 would be so him.

On November 12 ,the late 4:25  game slot on Fox has, 

NY Giants at Dallas, and Washington at Seattle 

If the Giants continue to loose , Fox may make the  Wsh at Sea  "game of the week," not really flexing the game, but giving it national coverage across the US, except in the Giants and Cowboys television market area 

2 hours ago, c slag said:

On November 12 ,the late 4:25  game slot on Fox has, 

NY Giants at Dallas, and Washington at Seattle 

If the Giants continue to loose , Fox may make the  Wsh at Sea  "game of the week," not really flexing the game, but giving it national coverage across the US, except in the Giants and Cowboys television market area 

I don't see that happening, unfortunately.  The Cowboys are the Cowboys, and they will still get featured national slots, even against 1 win teams like the Giants.  I bet our game might get more evenly split coverage across the country, but the top announcing crew and production teams will still be in Dallas regardless.

FOX will be pretty happy to have our game on at the same time as Giants/Cowboys, because it gives them an excellent option to go to, if that game gets out of hand and turns into a blowout.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 9:31 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

San Fran likely has the West. Detroit likely has the North. Either Dallas or Philly will have the East and the non division winner, likely 4th seed.

Tampa, New Orleans and Atlanta battling for South or wild card.

Really the race is for 6th and 7th seed.

Plenty of 3 win teams:

Tampa: 3-2, leading South

Seattle: 3-2, current 6th seed

LA: 3-3, current 7th seed

8th seed: Washington: 3-3

9th seed: Atlanta: 3-3

10th seed: New Orleans: 3-3

Right now, these are the teams battling for 6th and 7th place.

We play both Seattle and LA Rams.  So, those are going to loom large in both the number of wins and head to head tiebreakers. 

We also play 49ers.  If somehow they start to stumble due to injuries piling up, there will be head-to-head matchup with them also.  

As of now, any of those teams could make it in.

I don’t see an 8-9 wildcard team.  9-8 I do.  

The last wild card in NFC is absolutely wide open and I will be stunned if it doesn’t stay that way. The 5/6 seeds seem to be being concedes to Dallas/Seattle and while I understand the reasoning, it’s still pretty early for that. But it’s going to take some very extreme results for us to NOT find ourselves “in the race” around Thanksgiving. 

On 10/16/2023 at 9:59 PM, redskinss said:

Any time we go up against coaches who are good at scheming and game planning we look like the little sisters of hope auxiliary football club versus the 85 bears.

The little Helen Kellers are a pain in the ass!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by TheShredder

The Giants are through the hardest part of their schedule and ours is yet to come. Outside of division games, they only have the Jets, Raiders, Pats and Rams.

They're starting to get healthy and this could be a real get right game for them.

Could be a battle for a playoff spot or a battle for a higher draft pick.

Folks, the last wild card (7 seed) in NFC is gonna be quite the ride this year. 

Currently, Washington sits one game out of the last seed behind the Vikings and Saints (4-4). Also behind Bucs (3-4) and lose a tie-breaker currently to Rams (3-5). But consider a few things 

—Kirk is done for the year in Minnesota 

—Stafford injured for Rams and initially reports are it might be problematic 

—Saints are 4-4, but so are Falcons, a team we already own tie-beaker on. 

I think an 8-9 #7 seed is absolutely in play in the NFC this year. 

Washington could find themselves tied for the 7 seed after next week simply by beating the Patriots. 

Agree that 8-9 might get it done for the #7 seed.

However, let's look at the sked. Take out the Dallas finale, because I expect the Cowboys to be locked into whatever position they'll be in. Which would benefit us.

Then three games, Dallas, Miami, SF. Yes, the Niners have struggled of late, but assume they are back to health by the time of the game. Those three teams I see as clearly better than us. We can hang with them perhaps, but they ultimately prevail.

Which leaves the others: NE, SEA, NYG, NYJ, LAR. Teams more on our level, although at this point it's tough not to even count SEA as better too. We just seem to be too coin-flippy in these types of games. So far, we are 3-2 against the "not great" slate. Assuming we lose the games to the superior teams, we would need to go 4-1 in the other five just to be at 7-9 heading into the final.

And I just don't see it. Run the table in the next three and we'll talk. But at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if we're at 4-7 heading into Thanksgiving.

9 hours ago, kleese said:

Folks, the last wild card (7 seed) in NFC is gonna be quite the ride this year. 

Currently, Washington sits one game out of the last seed behind the Vikings and Saints (4-4). Also behind Bucs (3-4) and lose a tie-breaker currently to Rams (3-5). But consider a few things 

—Kirk is done for the year in Minnesota 

—Stafford injured for Rams and initially reports are it might be problematic 

—Saints are 4-4, but so are Falcons, a team we already own tie-beaker on. 

I think an 8-9 #7 seed is absolutely in play in the NFC this year. 

Washington could find themselves tied for the 7 seed after next week simply by beating the Patriots. 

It makes it all so sad losing to the Bears and Giants

8-9 might be the 7th seed and it might be the South winner again.

This team isn’t winning 8 games. We will

finish anywhere between 5-12 and best case, 7-10. So, meaning we win anywhere from 2 to 4 more games. Don’t see 7-10 getting a team in.  We may remain in contention until the end but we aren’t going. Ron maybe put out of his misery right after the Dallas finale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

8-9 might be the 7th seed and it might be the South winner again.

This team isn’t winning 8 games. We will

finish anywhere between 5-12 and best case, 7-10. So, meaning we win anywhere from 2 to 4 more games. Don’t see 7-10 getting a team in.  We may remain in contention until the end but we aren’t going. Ron maybe put out of his misery right after the Dallas finale.

Outside chance 7-10 could get a team in this year given the landscape. I’d still think that’s a long shot but may wind up being on the table. If they win one of next three they’d be 4-7 for the Thanksgiving game and that would likely be your last gasp chance to realistically stay in it. 

With Kirk-less Vikings that opens up another wild-card spot. If this team can play better than what they did yesterday on the D and the O keeps it up then you can win 7 out of the 9 left. That gets you to 10. But 9 wins should be more than enough for a playoff spot though.

Edited by zCommander